PDA

View Full Version : Neil Armstrong takes his last giant leap. RIP.

Waves of light
08-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Really sad to hear that Neil Armstrong has passed away at the age of 82.

Thoughts and prayers with his family. What a lasting impression on history he leaves behind.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19381098

RudySchneider
08-25-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd just finished my sophomore year of college, and was working a summer job, when everyone was huddled around the TV or radio to hear Neil announce ""The Eagle has landed." What a thrill that was! What an excellent achievement, and what a memorable quote Neil uttered upon his first setting foot on that orb's powdery surface.

Rest in Peace, Neil...

Verlon
08-25-2012, 06:46 PM
I remember this, and I wasn't even two years old. This is sad news. More than any other time, the whole world was united as everyone watched such an incredible piece of history unfold in front of them.

DigitalSorcery8
08-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes, a rare occasion when the entire world was united watching a great human achievement.

Not just an American hero, but one for the whole world.

He will be missed, but never forgotten.

JonW
08-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Sad to hear that he has taken his last step!

I still remember watching it on our old B&W (black & white screen that is!) TV with noisy & rolling picture. It was the most amazing thing that happened. Still to this day!

Philbert
08-26-2012, 05:34 AM
:(

prometheus
08-26-2012, 09:28 AM
He surely made some serious footprints in this world, and other worlds, and in history and time.

A monument or statue raised both on earth and on the moon would be something memorable.

Then again, the whole team working to make this happen should probably have equal recognition, Armstrong become the one and the first as the symbol for remarkable efforts of Mankind in prime time acheiving difficult goals.

I hope someday such legacy could be followed by people on earth reaching goals to erase overpopulation, powerty, wars and injustice, and someday reach goals of improving global climate and solving the worlds need of energy.

Michael

DigitalSorcery8
08-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I hope someday such legacy could be followed by people on earth reaching goals to erase overpopulation, powerty, wars and injustice, and someday reach goals of improving global climate and solving the worlds need of energy.

:dito: It seems hard to believe this COULD happen with the global political climate as it is, but we can always hope.

Darth Mole
08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
You know you're starting to get old when all your heroes start dying. Have a good flight Neil.