PDA

View Full Version : I want to do an detailed impression

Nice2Bee1Free
08-25-2012, 04:59 AM
:help:
I'd wanted to do an impression of the head and hands that are pressed into a softer wall. And when the person bounch back from the wall. I want it to be detailed impression of the person's head and hands inside the wall, it should be quite detailed Imprints in the wall into the smallest polygon. I have done the head etx but I cant figure out how too do this in layout. Is there any one that can :help: me, please! :)

ShadowMystic
08-25-2012, 12:05 PM
:help:
I'd wanted to do an impression of the head and hands that are pressed into a softer wall. And when the person bounch back from the wall. I want it to be detailed impression of the person's head and hands inside the wall, it should be quite detailed Imprints in the wall into the smallest polygon. I have done the hea
d etx but I cant figure out how too do this in layout. Is there any one that can :help: me, please! :)

This could be done with clothfx but it would be a pretty dense sim with a prohibitive calculation time.

I'd probably use a modeled morph with a little fudging.

Danner
08-25-2012, 03:34 PM
heat press maybe?

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood-Kouen/2449/hp.html

JonW
08-26-2012, 01:13 AM
This may help: LW - General Techniques, Tips & Tricks > Hours of Free LightWave Training (24 Hours+) > ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/xpin.mov

SplineGod
08-26-2012, 01:54 AM
You could take part of the head and copy it and model it into the wall. Flatten it as an endomorph.

biliousfrog
08-29-2012, 08:21 AM
You could take part of the head and copy it and model it into the wall. Flatten it as an endomorph.

Exactly what I'd do...simple and fast.

Nice2Bee1Free
09-01-2012, 08:10 AM
[I try again then. Third time too see if I able too get the sceen to this forum so I may have shange too get som Help.

prometheus
09-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Nice2Bee1Free ..You havent given enough information and hasnīt learned how to post scenefiles and objects properly, so no one can check his files and the issue he is having, but that has been pointed out to him that he must package the scene and objects correctly, ergo That is why he donīt get any proper feedback ...but it is up to him to post correctly, he hasnīt learned how to post screen caps either it seems.

So please..Nice2Bee1Free you need to read through advices given on the threads on how to post correctly, no one can or will help you otherwise, if posting basic scenes and files are to difficult to overcome in spite of advices, then you might consider
not doing 3d overall at all, just saying.

I Managed to get the scenefile now...but, please take care to post lws and scenefiles in on go.

prometheus
09-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Upon first check on this...quite a dense mesh you have for the face, and unresolved mesh with gaps, that might give some issues, you have also set the collision typ to stick, I think you should try bounce first.
Also the cloth object isnīt subpatched wich I think you should do.

I would suggest, clearing that mesh face you have and replace it with a simple head object with less dense geometry and just to check that it works properly.

Not sure if I got the time to check this today, if you would have answered properly on the thread where you said you should end lightwave, I could have checked this some days ago.

check Protons videos about similar technique, I donīt have the link to it now in front of me, will check it up.

Michael

prometheus
09-16-2012, 05:16 AM
hereīs a cloth fx video on how to create a footprint with cloth fx and dynamics to do an imprint...similar techniques, check it to see how it works...
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/dl_link.html?foot.mov