PDA

View Full Version : LW Interface : Enhanced list/bin boxes...

SplittingPixels
10-28-2003, 01:36 PM
A minor frustration with several panels... All lists and bins (like the Exclude Lights list) should be expandable. It would make navigation so much easier if you could stretch the bottom edge of these panels and see (for example) 12 lights at a time or more instead of just 3... ;)

Also, in the case of Bins which contain plugins how about a right-click feature that allows you to copy/paste the plugin and its settings? In a scene file, the plugin settings are just a block of curly-bracketed text theoretically, an enhanced Bin control could also save out such scene file snippets, allowing you to load/save any plugin and its settings. This should be a standard feature on every bin.

Matt
10-29-2003, 03:25 AM
It would also be useful if they had right-mouse-menus for things like select all, deselect all and invert selection. like this . . .

Also when I loaded a complex scene, scrolling thought the listview in the "Light Properties->Objects" box was incredibly slow, please sort out response times for the user interface, they is no reason why these gadgets should be slow.

Exper
10-29-2003, 08:35 AM
My 2 cents! ;)

All lists and bins should include a filtering option with wildcards, plus a "+" and a "-" to select/delesect filtered items!

So we could check and uncheck items in a complex and fast way! :p

Bye.

Matt
10-29-2003, 09:15 AM
another thing! ;)

checking items in listviews like the one above would work faster if you could 'click-drag down-release' to multi-check many items, instead of having to click, click, click, click each row.

for an example of what I mean open Photoshop, create a few layers, now linked them - see how it works! make all LightWaves listviews work like that!