PDA

View Full Version : Tanadrine Studios Tutorial Series: Keyframe Jumping Demonstration

Ryan Roye
08-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Yeah, copy/pasting/moving around keyframes may seem obvious... but perhaps one may get some additional ideas as to how these functions can significantly cut down the amount of time it takes to do animation (or anything that involves a timeline) without compromising quality.

Tanadrine Studios Tutorial Series: Keyframe Jumping (YouTube) (http://youtu.be/tLz2_Prd5Eo) - 4:06

Note that the concepts in this video can be applied to ANY program or function that uses keyframes in any way shape or form.

raw-m
08-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Nice! Do you know, 1:07 - 1:10, in the GE keyframes are generated by dragging the selected keyframes down the timeline. How do you do that? What's the shortcut?

Sorry, found it, cmd RMB on the mac :D

Ryan Roye
08-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Most probably know this already, but for completeness I'll add that there are several other ways to copy/transpose keyframes in Lightwave.

-When pressing enter, notice you can enter a keyframe number other than the current. Combine this with right-click multi-bone selecting for some good keyframe jumping action.

-Left-clicking a group of keyframes, and Right-clicking on the timeline for copy/paste options.

-In graph editor, ALT+RMB+drag duplicates selected keys for PC users...your mouse has to be on the graph line for it to actually apply the keys when RMB is let go. As implied by the video, this is a quick way to apply things such as a character blinking, a light turning off/on, etc (you can automate these, but there are times you need full control). This is especially relevant for any enveloped properties.

-In the scene editor right click menu

The method I used is obviously via IKBooster, which I prefer mainly because the fewest number of actions are required for the above results. I like to skip as many popups and dialogues as possible myself :)

djwaterman
08-18-2012, 11:08 AM
You do good tutes.

silviotoledo
08-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Great tutorial!

Hey we want more IK Booster step-by-step from simple to complex tutorials :)

geo_n
08-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Nice tutorial. I didn't know how that "Copy keys from current" worked. I guess its similar to "copy pose from current" which I also didn't know how that worked before. Thanks for demonstrating.
One thing they should implement soon is active pos,rot, scale handles like ikb.
There's no need to click then drag, next item click and drag.
Not sure how hard it is for newtek to do.
I think I saw this with silo first with pos,rot,scale handles on screen all the time and you can drag directly on the handles with no delay. 3dcoat copied that approach.