PDA

View Full Version : Select all layers

Stephen0523
08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi all, what is the easiest way to select all layers?

Cheers

jeric_synergy
08-17-2012, 12:56 PM
That's a good question... I'm betting something on lwplugindb.com

I usually label my non visible layers (cutters, etc) with "NV" at the start of their name. If a plugin could be set to ignore a prefix, that would be even MORE useful. --Or respect a prefix. The enhancements almost write themselves....

1) Select ALL.
2) Select ONLY (prefix) -with 'memory'
3) Select ALL EXCEPT (prefix) -with 'memory'

Baker's Dilemma, right there. >:^)

:beerchug:

jeric_synergy
08-17-2012, 01:15 PM
This is a stopgap:

http://lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=e66de1bb

SteveH
08-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Non-plug in route is save your object, close your object then open it again and all the layers will be selected.

Markc
08-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Assuming your talking about Modeler. If it's just one object with multiple layers, open layers panel and click top left box (foreground), all layers will be selected :)

gordonrobb
08-17-2012, 03:12 PM
I could have sworn that didn't work. Will need to try it.

Sensei
08-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi all, what is the easiest way to select all layers?

Have Layers window open on right side of Modeler (with also Numeric, Statistics and VMaps). And click + button, and all layers are visible. If you also want to select polygons - click + button in Statistics window.

jeric_synergy
08-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Assuming your talking about Modeler. If it's just one object with multiple layers, open layers panel and click top left box (foreground), all layers will be selected :)

NICE. Never knew that! :thumbsup:

PLUS, the background column top works too. The Layers Panel is close to being awesome, but never got fully developed. Like, it would be nice if the eyeball column top did something, and that a naming dialog DIDN'T pop up, ie you could edit names right 'where they live'.

EDIT: plus, y'know, COLORS.

erikals
08-18-2012, 11:30 AM
some layer plugins btw >
http://www.youtube.com/user/erikalst/videos?query=layer