PDA

View Full Version : load image as sequence

xchrisx
08-17-2012, 11:58 AM
anyone know of a way to load an image as a sequence in layout? what I am trying to do is replace the background image sequence with a different image sequence (with different number of frames). parsing the scene file can get messy especially if I have to edit the scene via text editing.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
chris

Dexter2999
08-17-2012, 12:38 PM
This sounds like the kind of thing CelShader would do with Python. Might be time to dip your toe into new waters.

xchrisx
08-17-2012, 12:40 PM
unfortunately the script i have currently would take longer to port to python than it would be to write a parser for the background image code :(

nickdigital
08-17-2012, 01:00 PM
anyone know of a way to load an image as a sequence in layout? what I am trying to do is replace the background image sequence with a different image sequence (with different number of frames). parsing the scene file can get messy especially if I have to edit the scene via text editing.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
chris

If you had frameD you could put your image seq into an xfd file and then just swap between those. Xfd files are treated as animation files in LW.

frameD will also build proxy images which is helpful if you need to scrub in Layout.

dwburman
08-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Is this like a one-off thing you need to do, or are you looking for something to do a batch job?

In other words, are you asking how to do it in Layout because you don't know how, or because doing it in layout would be too tedious because there are a lot to do, or because the tools don't work the way you expect?

Off the top of my head, I'd say use the Replace button at the top of the image panel and, if you have to, change it to sequence and, again if you have to, manually set the start/end in/out frames.

xchrisx
08-17-2012, 03:09 PM
The reason I ask is that I have automated tools for setting up shots. I already have shots with the backgrounds loaded as they need to be but I need to bring those backgrounds into the current scene. I have over 140 shots right now that are potential candidates to replace the backgrounds so that is why I am looking to do it via scripting so artists don't spend their time hunting through plate folders.

Example: ShotA (has animation)
ShotB (has the background)

I need to load the background form shot B into shot A and set shot A's compositing background to that new image. I do not want to do it manually (thus I will do the scene parsing if need be) and I would like to do it on the fly not necessarily a batch job.

Just as a note, I am talking about the Compositing > Background Image not a textured environment or something that can be loaded with Load Items From scene.