PDA

View Full Version : Instance Generator and staggering a MDD

steamdigital
08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Guys, I really need help staggering a 24-frame MDD using instance generator with Lightwave. My "herd" has the exact same movement - it needs to have staggered MDD.

Help!

Andrewstopheles
08-16-2012, 05:38 PM
afaik you need to use multiple objects, each one offset a different amount, and add each of those objects in the instancing panel

CaptainMarlowe
08-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I do hope LW group will manage to get something allowing to vary time offset of a same instance, as in HDInstance. But I think that mdd wouldn't work for that (both HDI and DPI have their own system to store the position of the vertices).

steamdigital
08-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Brought in the object four times and staggered the MDD motion - worked fine. I really truly wish Lightwave developers would give us exactly what we generally need and not 100 times more control over the tiny details. I don't need all the small details (I'm glad they're available) but I do need to stagger a MDD motion on a herd of animals - this is nothing out-of-the-ordinary what I'm trying to do!

I just want SIMPLE with the choice of tweaking details if I need to.

This reminds me of the ridiculous amount of tweaking you had to do on hardFX just to make dominos. The new dynamics are PERFECT and I love them because Newtek simplified things and made it easy to do.