PDA

View Full Version : image maps

Luckysevens
10-28-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm using a mac at a computer lab with lightwave. For some reason is not allowing me to use image maps for texturing any one have any idea why this might be? Its lightwave 7.5c. Untill recently it was in discovery mode, but I got the dongle and the activation code form the lab monitor. I'm using tiff files.

Also afer I apply an image map I can no longer save changes to the picture in photoshop as it says its in use by another program, so lightwave thinks its applying them.

Luckysevens
10-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Does a plug-in dictate using images for texturing?

toby
10-31-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Luckysevens
For some reason is not allowing me to use image maps for texturing any one have any idea why this might be?... I'm using tiff files.

First of all if you still have the preference files from the original install of LW ( LightWave Layout 3 Prefs, LightWave Modeler 3 Prefs, LightWave Hub Prefs - Found in: Users/YourName/Library/Preferences ), quit LW and delete them.

If you still have problems, try using a different format - I've had the best luck with .PSD files. TGA, .PNG and sometimes jpg are other good alternatives.

Also what you can do is re-load the i/o (input/output) plug-in.

Also afer I apply an image map I can no longer save changes to the picture in photoshop as it says its in use by another program, so lightwave thinks its applying them.

!!! I've never seen Photoshop do that! My best guess is that LW is still trying to read the files or something - I'm willing to bet that this will go away when you get the images working in LW. Let 's hope anyway :D