PDA

View Full Version : LiveText 2.1 bug

stijef
08-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Made huge Livetext project with a lot of time invested in creating pages, graphics etc.

Everybody knows that Livetext 2.1 is buggy piece of SW with the feature to crash from time to time - but except this (well known) fact all of us used to live with, this time, after the crash when I tried to load last saved version of the project - it even FAILS in that.

LT can't load saved project I was working on before the crash - it just comes with the message "couldn't read value 7 of field" as on the attached pic and after OK blank/empty docs is open.

Someone knows how to get my project back in working area so I can finish it?

vanderwielen
08-23-2012, 02:00 PM
yep, happens all the time. excuse my french, "You're hosed".

i save every CG as a new file, ex: ballgame.cg, ballgame1.cg, ballgame2.cg.... and so on.

the anomaly happens very seldom but is tied to either a crash, caused by clicking ahead during an 'hour glass' in the program or adding a massively large pic file.

be very patient when cutting, pasting and be cautious moving or scaling multiple objects.

PIZAZZ
08-23-2012, 04:51 PM
yep, happens all the time. excuse my french, "You're hosed".

Words spoken from a true power user....

I would agree. Time to start over building graphics.

Save often
Save multiple versions
Save Many Many Many times.

ZachSchuster
08-23-2012, 05:12 PM
That happened to me last year on the eve of our first game of the season... about 60 pages, about 250 unique datalink variables. All gone.

I routinely save a backup of the project now.

Newtek, please hear me: At the next NAB please don't announce a new Tricaster model. Please announce a new CG program that will do for graphics what the Tricaster did for live streaming.

Lee-AVP
08-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I have such a love hate relationship with Livetext. The concept of a native network interfaced titler that doesn't rely on key/fill is so cool.

The crashing and corruption, not so much. We always export all our cg pages in to a bin on the Tricaster, as the chances of Livetext making it through a broadcast without needing a restart are slim.

adebats
08-25-2012, 01:14 PM
ditto

prairiemarsh
09-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I am experiencing a livetext crash myself and am trying to narrow down some possible solutions. My current setup has livetext 2.1 loaded on a 64bit Windows machine. The crash only occurs when I am using datalink which is pulling from a mysql database. It primarily happens when I push the graphic live. Has anybody experienced this issue when running on a 32bit machine? Possible Windows XP.