PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HV+particles

Valter
10-28-2003, 08:23 AM
hi all.

I get problem with HV and particles. HV stop interaction with particle in frame 60. My animation have 150 frames and in the 60 frame HV freeze and repeat 61 to 150. I try everything to make work fine, but no sucess. Anyone have know what's happen and how can I solve this?

thanks

fabmedia
11-11-2003, 05:24 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to freeze my particles so I can fly around them. I've not had any response yet either.

Arlen

SamuraiSlayer
11-11-2003, 07:01 PM
what do you have for the graph on the morph amount of your hypervoxels?

SamuraiSlayer
11-11-2003, 07:02 PM
(under item properties)

fabmedia
11-11-2003, 10:56 PM
The Morph Amount is unselected. What do I need to do with this?

Arlen

SamuraiSlayer
11-11-2003, 11:14 PM
ummm... what exactly is the HV purpose for your scene, what exactly are your HVs doing?

toby
11-12-2003, 02:24 AM
depending on what you're doing with the particles, you could do the old-fashioned thing and use a model made up of just points, and morph/deform it to move the 'particles' where you need - then you can stop it at any time

fabmedia
11-12-2003, 10:32 AM
The purpose of the scene/animation is for a demo reel. Now what I would like to do is have the particles hold their position. Originally the image was created for a print ad, but I want to show it in motion now.

So I would like to 'stop' and hold the particles in their position. Now There is a catch here. OS 10.3 for Mac has a bug that the graph editor doesn't like. So when I go to adjust the graph editor it crashes.

Is there a what to clone a heirarchy of which there is a NULL and a Camera then render out all of the cameras in one movie?

Arlen

toby
11-12-2003, 10:42 AM
that's a good idea, matrix style - I think I've heard of plug-ins to do these things, but probably not to do the same frame from the cameras.

fabmedia
11-12-2003, 11:04 AM
AHA!!!!!

I found a LScript called CloneSelectedItems. You can get it from here... http://f23.aaacafe.ne.jp/~fisjunk/plugin/plugin.php?platform=2&code=1&type=%28ignore%29&version=7#f

Now what that does is clone the parent and subsequent heirarchy of that item as many times as you need.

Now my only problem is to figure out how to set up a render of all of those cameras into a QuickTime sequence or output all of the images sequentially.

Any idea how to do it?

Arlen

wizlon
11-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Try this;

Do your particles, save the particle motion, change playback speed to 0.01% (for example), scrub to the frame where the action should pause and the animate your camera as normal.

wizlon
11-12-2003, 11:19 AM
oops wrong thread! should have posted it on Fabmedias thread.

fabmedia
11-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by wizlon
Try this;

Do your particles, save the particle motion, change playback speed to 0.01% (for example), scrub to the frame where the action should pause and the animate your camera as normal.

Playback speed. I wasn't able to find anything in the manual about that. Could you be refering to 'Play at Exact Rate' or 'Allow Fractional Current Frame'?

Arlen

wizlon
11-12-2003, 11:35 AM
On your FX_Emitter dialogue look on the last tab, save motion, load motion etc.. after you save your motion, playback speed becomes an option, hope this will help?

fabmedia
11-12-2003, 11:39 AM
What frame rate would I have to export this as...

Arlen

wizlon
11-13-2003, 02:01 AM
I think frame rate is irrelevent, just save your motion .pfx and adjust playback speed, your frame rate is whatever you want it to be in Layout.

I've just done a test playing back my particle motion at 0.01% the particles hardly move over 32000 frames, plenty of scope there for a static camera move of say 120 frames or so.

I wish Newtek would add a E - envelope button alongside play back speed, then this would be very easy.

Valter
11-13-2003, 06:46 AM
Excuse me guys :)

But could someone there help me with my problem??

I'm using napalm to make particle motion and seems all works fine. But HV stop follow napalm motion in frame 61.

Thanks

siproductions
11-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Hi Valter,

I don't know the answer to your problem, but I would like to suggest to everyone not to piggy back on other people's post. I know you didn't mean it that way, but it would be nicer to start your own thread.:)

fabmedia
11-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Okay. So I found what it is that you were talking about. So I saved the motion and changed the playback speed to .1%. So now it's thinking... and thinking... and thinking...

How long should it do this for?

Arlen

fabmedia
11-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Yeah, sorry mate. Do you have the manual for Napalm? I just went to DR's site and found some information on it that relates to your question about stopping the animation...

----
Graph Editor - Almost every parameter can be enveloped in the Graph Editor, this includes the use of Channel Modifiers and Expressions to control values! Note on image...the birthrate of the fountain is controlled thru an expression using the Y position of a null.

Particle Selection - Every controller now has an advanced property to define which particles it affects! Age, Collision, Time, Speed, Bounding Shape, and Particle Index are but a few of the choices.
----

So you should be able to control the effects of the particles at a specific time in the graph editor. I just wish I could do it with the built in particles in LW.

Not too sure if this helps, but keep me posted.

Arlen

wizlon
11-14-2003, 01:48 AM
Hi Arien,
Takes a while I'am afraid, I was thinking there maybe a better solution, if you envelope your particle weight over a single frame, and also control your gravity via FX_Gravity, also enveloping this over a single frame, you might be able to achieve the same affect.

I'll try it when I have some time.

Good luck.

Lee.