PDA

View Full Version : Is Lightwave going to Steam?

Ernest
08-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Now that Steam has announced that they will start selling graphics applications and Newtek announced dongle-less Lightwave, do you think we'll be able to buy Lightwave through Steam soon?

realgray
08-14-2012, 07:15 PM
They will probably take a cut of the revenue. I doubt Newtek would want to do that. What's wrong with going to the nice new download section of the Lightwave3d site?

Ernest
08-14-2012, 07:51 PM
They will probably take a cut of the revenue. I doubt Newtek would want to do that. What's wrong with going to the nice new download section of the Lightwave3d site?

40 million less regular visitors?

DigitalSorcery8
08-14-2012, 08:26 PM

But Safe Harbor sells Lightwave and other Newtek products. Don't THEY take a cut as well?

realgray
08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
But Safe Harbor sells Lightwave and other Newtek products. Don't THEY take a cut as well?

Ok I'm wrong. Guess we will see it on steam soon:thumbsup:

wyattharris
08-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Well, on the game side Steam doesn't take a cut of the revenue. I double and triple checked the licensing agreement because it seemed I must be reading the wrong thing. This was in 2010.

ShadowMystic
08-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Well, on the game side Steam doesn't take a cut of the revenue. I double and triple checked the licensing agreement because it seemed I must be reading the wrong thing. This was in 2010.

They do take a cut but its miniscule. Something like 7% IIRC. But I am certain about the small part. I read about it when researching my favorite indie titles Magicka and Terraria. I have several other indie favs that I would have never found were it not for Steam.

I'm just not sure the extent this will be and how well it will work. Steam acts like a dongle(most of the time but it can be abused) and acts to ensure 1 use at a time.

Will I be able to activate adobe software through steam? M$Office?

I'm anxious to get answers.