PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Bop now on IOS!

MagicHatApps
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Zombie Bop is now on IOS: Iphones and Ipod. IOS version features Game Center Leaderboards.

Zombie Bop is our first app made with Lightwave and Unity!

Description:
Defeat the zombie horde using gestures, but be careful - wait too long or do the wrong gesture and you'll be lunch.

Thanks for your support!:lwicon::thumbsup:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-bop!/id546384346?mt=8

Philbert
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Next up, Android?

aidenvfx
08-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Next up, Android?

The site says it is on Amazon's app store so I am thinking it might have gone out for Android first. Also on google play.

Philbert
08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes, you're right and now that I think of it I think I knew that. It's bizarre but rare that so many apps hit ios first. It has become a knee-jerk reaction to wonder when the Android version is coming.

MentalFish
08-13-2012, 03:12 AM
Yes, you're right and now that I think of it I think I knew that. It's bizarre but rare that so many apps hit ios first. It has become a knee-jerk reaction to wonder when the Android version is coming.

... the default knee-jerk answer you should insert after that knee-jerk question is: "When it is possible to make money on that platform, without having 10 million downloads to support an ad based revenue." :-P

Cool to see another LW+Unity game MagicHatApps, we need more :)

Philbert
08-13-2012, 04:40 AM
It is possible.

MagicHatApps
08-13-2012, 07:49 PM
... the default knee-jerk answer you should insert after that knee-jerk question is: "When it is possible to make money on that platform, without having 10 million downloads to support an ad based revenue." :-P

Cool to see another LW+Unity game MagicHatApps, we need more :)

Yeah, the android market is flooded with apps.....not much money there. As far as IOS we where hoping to see better sales, so far its been slow going. On game center we have over 500 users.....but over 400 of the users have stolen the app.:(

It's so sad that people will pay 2 dollars or more for a soft drink or water and won't dish out 99cents for hours of entertainment.

We have plans to do more apps, the LW/Unity pipe is good and I so want to work with NT to grow that business. GDC!!!!

I hope sales do get better or this is a real expensive hobby!

Thanks for your support!!!!!!

Philbert
08-13-2012, 08:01 PM
The Android market is flooded so you go to ios? Well regardless, I hope you get sales on ios without more people stealing it there

MagicHatApps
08-13-2012, 08:38 PM
The Android market is flooded so you go to ios? Well regardless, I hope you get sales on ios without more people stealing it there

LOL, we just wanted to release on all the devices: Kindle, Android, and IOS. IOS is flooded as well but Apple is the king with the amount of users so we had hoped that would have made a difference, only time will tell.

I like android and I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 and it's a great device! ZB plays great on it!

Philbert
08-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Well actually Android has the most users, apple has the most apps for now. You should see about getting it on Ouya.

MagicHatApps
08-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Well actually Android has the most users, apple has the most apps for now. You should see about getting it on Ouya.

Ouya? Will look into that, thanks!

Philbert
08-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Their Kickstarter campaign just finished funding, completely destroying all other previous Kickstarter records.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console?ref=search

geo_n
08-13-2012, 10:37 PM

But most Android users are cheap! They bought the cheap entry level Android phones and don't want to pay for appz. Btw, I have a secondary cheap android phone so I'm not pro IOS. :D
Its better to get profit from ads if developing for android.

Philbert
08-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I don't know if I believe that. Of course iphone is now crazy cheap compared to what I paid for mine back in the day, not to mention you can get it prepaid which is even cheaper. If an app is good I'll pay big for it. Heck I paid $10 for Photoshop Touch the day it launched when nobody even had reviews of it yet.