PDA

View Full Version : 3d Artist 90 day demo for commercial use?

fablefox
08-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Just asking - is the 3d artist 90day version of LW 11 demo can be used for commercial purpose? Long long time ago, if I remember correctly, an LW demo can be used for commercial purpose, after it expired and become 5000 tri-save it no longer cannot be used commercially. I know because I downloaded the lw 10 demo and become a LW10 edu owner later.

I know generally its not a good idea - what if client want some changes and it already way over the 90 day period.

But still......... just asking :-)

Maybe it can help me getting a LW11 or LW 12 (hey, its mid August already) commercial. Although I do know if I export everything out I still have modo 401 commercial to continue things on.

Thanks!

Cageman
08-12-2012, 08:04 AM
I think the demoversion of LW11 is 30-day trial, and, as far as I know, you are allowed to use it for commercial work. Hopefully someone from NT can step in and clear it up, though.

fablefox
08-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I think the demoversion of LW11 is 30-day trial, and, as far as I know, you are allowed to use it for commercial work. Hopefully someone from NT can step in and clear it up, though.

Lightwave online version is 30 day, 3D Artist special version is 90 day :-), its mentioned in the cover.

https://www.imagineshop.co.uk/3d-artist-issue-43.html

prometheus
08-13-2012, 03:10 AM
They should consider remove 30 day limit, I recall trying to evaluate modo, they had a very short demo and at the time I had not time to test it, voila it expired wihout me getting a chance to evaluate in a calm pace.

put a render without watermark for some days, and completly remove limit of use, should never expire, add watermark and reduce some other functions of the software after some days if possible.

Michael

OnlineRender
08-13-2012, 07:03 AM
They should consider remove 30 day limit, I recall trying to evaluate modo, they had a very short demo and at the time I had not time to test it, voila it expired wihout me getting a chance to evaluate in a calm pace.

put a render without watermark for some days, and completly remove limit of use, should never expire, add watermark and reduce some other functions of the software after some days if possible.

Michael

I found modo's customer services excellent after the demo finished , followed up with emails and personal "Hello" hope you enjoyed it then a discount offer "sadly no pennies at the time"

prometheus
08-13-2012, 07:34 AM
I found modo's customer services excellent after the demo finished , followed up with emails and personal "Hello" hope you enjoyed it then a discount offer "sadly no pennies at the time"

Doesn´t work for me, I need to evaluate at the time´s I have an open window to do so, so they really should consider remove demo edition with such time limit, and do it like Houdini or vue, or make demo time much much longer.
I do not care about watermarks(unless covering the whole image with repeated patterns), limits in size of render and a smaller watermark is fine though.

Michael