PDA

View Full Version : How to expand the tabs on the preferences menus.

RTSchramm
08-07-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm using windows 7 64 bit and I noticed in some videos that some users have the tabs on the preference windows fully expanded, but I cannot get my preferences to do this (See attached Screen Shot). I have to click on the tab to expand the description otherwise I get four dots for the unselected tabs.

Is this normal for LW 11, SP3?

Rcih

Waves of light
08-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Do you have windows set to display text at a larger size? It looks like all you fonts are bigger and therefore the text cannot be displayed for the tabs.

RTSchramm
08-07-2012, 01:17 AM
That was it, but now I am having a hard time reading the text in my other applications. These preference windows that LW uses should be expandable.

Note that I never notice this as a problem before until I upgraded to a 27" monitor with 2560 by 1440.

Rich

Waves of light
08-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Yer, the only reason I spotted it was due to the fact I read it somewhere else on these forums... think it was a thread talking about which windows could be resized and which ones couldn't.

Lol, yep moving to a 2560x1440 resolution will make your text/fonts appear a little smaller.

I can think of way to assign small windows font display when booting LW, or reverting back when quiting LW.

Ricky.

dee
08-07-2012, 03:27 AM
You can set the font and size for Layout by adding e.g. -f"[email protected]" as a parameter. Unfortunately this doesn't work for Modeler.