PDA

View Full Version : placing a custom graphic on the screen

dacreativeme
08-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Hello all... I'm somewhat of a newbie with tricaster, so please escuse the newbie question.

I am doing live productions for my organization and I will like to have their logo come up on the screen as a still image.

What I did was go into photoshop and create the graphic, I made the graphic 200px x 30 px. I saved it as a png file with no background. I inserted the graphic into live text and lined it up exactly where i will like it to go. I saved the project.

In the live production, I added the image, but when I try to bring it up, it fills the entire screen.

Here's what i will like to know...

Is there a tutorial or instruction on exactly how to import custom graphics?
What size should you make the graphic in comparison to the screen?
Am I doing something wrong?

kltv
08-06-2012, 10:23 AM
What happens when you use a small graphic like that is the TriCaster blows that up to fill the screen. The better method would be to build the graphic in Photoshop like you've done, but keep the image at the screen resolution you are targeting for your production. So if you are HD, do 1920x1080 or 1280x720, etc. Position the graphic inside that area in Photoshop and save out a .PNG to bring into the TriCaster. That way the graphic will land exactly where you intended it to.

Alternatively, you could use the little graphic you've already saved and use the TriCaster's positioners (assuming you are running an XD TriCaster) to scale and position the graphic into place. The disadvantage here is that the position changes will effect any graphic loaded into that keyer. So it is easier to just build the graphic in position and not worry about sliding it around in the TriCaster.

Kris