PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Splash Screen

RayLarson
10-27-2003, 06:05 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I really miss the old splash screen from the early T2 days. Not only was it cool (especially if you had a client over your shoulder) It also confirmed that your SX-8 was active. Now I have to lean under the desk to see if the red light is on.....Give it back..pleeeze

Aegis
10-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Agreed! It was very cool to have "Video Toaster" on the monitor whilst doing other things (and free advertising is never bad)... Bring it back!

ScorpioProd
10-28-2003, 12:38 AM
At the time it was removed they said it was cause it "caused problems"...

I would think that by now there would be a way to get around the problems.

And honestly, if it's the "animation factor" that's the problem, I'd be totally happy with a STILL IMAGE.

Preferably a still image that the user can set.

After all, this is what the Classic Toaster could do for the last 13 years...

wtdedula
10-30-2003, 09:20 AM
I agree too. I loved that animated Splash Screen that appeared on an early T2 version. Then, when I updated the software one day, it disappeared and never came back. Ever since that day, I was curious why it was removed and now I guess I have the answer. Perhaps someday, Newtek can get around their problems and give us back that cool splash screen (or a similar one) soon.

Tim

Realimagesvideo
10-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Would someone refresh my memory? I don't remember what vt2 splash screen looked like. It seemed to be so long ago.

SBowie
10-31-2003, 06:12 AM
It was an animated VT logo - looked really nice, but would need some updating now, I think. I'd like it back too ... t'would seem it could be a Prefs option so those with issues could toggle it off? Should be a simple matter, too, to allow the user to replace the default anim with a custom one...

RayLarson
10-31-2003, 07:34 AM
I agree, Steve. Would be cool to have the screen show an anim with your company logo on startup. Have it as a prefs setting with Newtek as default and user configurable

Kurt_Henning
10-31-2003, 02:51 PM
not to be unpoplular, but I don't need it

If it does come back I want the ability to turn if off

I switch live.

In the unforeseen event of a systems crash, I do not want the logo to go out to the close circuit and Big Screens when I start the toaster. I certainly do not want to have to disconnect the video outs until the spalsh has landed.

And of course, the spalsh screen takes more time, and after a crash live, seconds seem like minutes.............

And I hate clients over my shoulder, I like notes myself

Cheaper for them, and better results. But it is their money.

YMMV

these are just opinions not policy

SBowie
10-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Kurt_Henning
not to be unpoplular, but I don't need it

If it does come back I want the ability to turn if off

Absolutely, no disagreement Kurt.