PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use LW 11.3 yet?

RTSchramm
08-04-2012, 02:22 PM
I was wondering if LW 11.3 was worth downloading and installing since I can't found much that has changed and fixed since version 11.3.

Rich

dblincoe
08-04-2012, 02:24 PM
I was wondering if LW 11.3 was worth downloading and installing since I can't found much that has changed and fixed since version 11.3.

Rich

I've been using it. From what I have read and see while using it the only change is to the dongle free system. I have to say that for me it seemed easier and quicker to install get up and running. So far so good.

Dexter2999
08-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Can't get it to run without the dongle on my machine. Keeps looking for the Dongle.

Oh well.

dblincoe
08-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Can't get it to run without the dongle on my machine. Keeps looking for the Dongle.

Oh well.

Did you install and drag the license key on the splash screen when the dongle was not in the computer? I also read somewhere that the license.key you download has to be renamed with a different extension. I didn't do that though. Dragged the license.key to splash screen and restarted LW.

Dexter2999
08-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Did you install and drag the license key on the splash screen when the dongle was not in the computer? I also read somewhere that the license.key you download has to be renamed with a different extension. I didn't do that though. Dragged the license.key to splash screen and restarted LW.

Yes. I did the drag and drop. No workee. It had a different extension. No work. I tried to copy it and change it to the other extension (so there are two plus the bak) still no work.

I looked at the downloaded file in Wordpad. Saw an extra line at the top of the file, deleted the blank line. Still not working.

Gave up trying to get it working without the dongle.

I think even though I uninstalled, there is something, somewhere left over that is messing with the process. I thought I deleted everything but I believe there is always the chance for human error, especially when we are talking about me as the human.

ShadowMystic
08-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes. I did the drag and drop. No workee. It had a different extension. No work. I tried to copy it and change it to the other extension (so there are two plus the bak) still no work.

I looked at the downloaded file in Wordpad. Saw an extra line at the top of the file, deleted the blank line. Still not working.

Gave up trying to get it working without the dongle.

I think even though I uninstalled, there is something, somewhere left over that is messing with the process. I thought I deleted everything but I believe there is always the chance for human error, especially when we are talking about me as the human.

Did you try running as administrator?

Phil
08-04-2012, 05:20 PM
If you're running any version of XP, dongle-less operation isn't available. The OS is unable to support it.

Sanchon
08-04-2012, 06:34 PM
If you're running any version of XP, dongle-less operation isn't available. The OS is unable to support it.
I can confirm this. I can run without dongle with Win7 64bit, but not in WinXP 64bit. WinXP still need dongle.

Dexter2999
08-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, there you go.

All of our computers at work run XP. So, I guess I'll keep packin' my dongle.

jwiede
08-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Anyone know what the status is for dongle-less operation on the Mac? Anyone have it working?

dblincoe
08-04-2012, 07:44 PM
working here on Mountain Lion.

RTSchramm
08-04-2012, 07:49 PM
The license key that I downloaded was LICENSE.LWK, and it did not work. I followed the instructions and dropped this file on both the modeler and layout windows and then reopened the programs, but LW 11.3 stayed in demo mode.
I did confirmation that the license key was imported. See photo.

Note that I also tried this as an administrator.

Rich

sublimationman
08-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Worked for me on Mac, just drag and drop key onto opening screen.

RTSchramm
08-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Did that.

Rich

RTSchramm
08-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I finally got it to work without the dongle. I had to completely uninstall my previous version of LW11.2 and also delete the entire .Newtek folder in my user profile. Now I don't need to use the dongle.

Unfortunately, I now need to re install all of my plugins.

Thanks the the help.

Rich

archiea
08-07-2012, 01:23 AM
all I have to say is ...

WOW!

Thanks Newtek!

Iw as a LW user from 1.0 to 9.6.. i had drifted to other software, but had always wanted to keep up to date in LW, but between the Core debacle and mainly the USB key trade in for the intel macs.. it created a lot of friction to upgrade to put it honestly. I kinda understood their reason for the Hardware lock but the reality is that it created friction for paying customers while doing nothing to stop piracy. Cracked copies of LW were everywhere... Meanwhile us paying customers had to jump thru hoops...

Now though.... I register at the new site (not the old registration site), it informes me of my upgrade options (smart, something Adopey should do!) I click, I buy, while downloading it gives me my order number. I used that to register the product. Once downloaded I install LW 11. I Dl the licence key that was supplied and copied it to the new LW 11 folder in my directory (dunno if I needed to do that by old habits die hard!). Ran Layout and DONE! Didn't need to do anything else... It was already registered.

Thanks again Newtek! Like iTunes was a more frictionless method to get music than scanning torrents music pirate files, I think this will bring more users into the fold by making it easier than chasing dongles to get a proper copy of the app! Cheers!

Greenlaw
08-07-2012, 02:45 AM
I finally got it to work without the dongle. I had to completely uninstall my previous version of LW11.2 and also delete the entire .Newtek folder in my user profile. Now I don't need to use the dongle.

Unfortunately, I now need to re install all of my plugins.

Thanks the the help.

Rich
FWIW, I didn't have to do that, but it's because I keep my configs in a separate 'Configs' directory in the Lightwave folder. After pointing my 11.0.3 shortcuts to my configs, I got all my plug-ins back. All plug-ins I've tried so far seem to work 'dongle free'. One exception was LWCAD 4.1 which did not recognize my key but after I downloaded the open beta version (4.191) all is good again.

DogBoy
08-07-2012, 03:14 AM
FPrime and Sasquatch still need dongles it seems. Not a huge issue, but i still like to use them from time to time.

BeeVee
08-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Whenever I see this thread I just want to scream "No!! 11.3 doesn't exist!" :D It's 11.0.3, or 11 service pack 3.

B

zapper1998
08-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Yep i guess i have to Install ......... > W I N D O W S 7 ...... to get it to work

Argggggghhhhhhh... I hate ...... windows 7 ...

Worley Plugs wont work with the License system.... hmmmmmm

I guess I will wait.... Have all of Worley Plugins ...

:)

monovich
08-07-2012, 05:04 PM
next time drag out the plugins folder before you delete then drag it into the new install.