PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading RAM in Tricaster Pro

jcoots
08-04-2012, 11:44 AM
right now the tricaster has 1 gig of ram: 512 in the 2 slots. I have purchased 2: 1 gig ram chips to install. I put them in but it only shows 1 gig. Why might it not show 2 gig?

StudioBug
08-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I need the answer to this also as I am sure I need to update my ram also.
Someone please help us

Lee-AVP
08-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Why are you guys messing with your Tricaster hardware?

It's like saying your Microwave needs more memory. It came tested and functional from the factory; if you're having a problem, it would be better to solve the problem than to mess with the hardware.

doabgah
04-27-2015, 04:03 AM
My tricaster TCXD 850 with 6GB RAM.I want to add more RAM.
After checking physically i found 4 slots with 4 RAM but did not find the RAM configuration written on it.
Can any one tell which RAM is it.

SBowie
04-27-2015, 07:07 AM
Bad idea. TriCaster is finely tuned to run correctly with the included hardware. Changing RAM configuration in any TriCaster is not recommended.

Paris MkVI
04-27-2015, 07:37 AM
What Steve said. Newtek "strongly encourages" users to regard the TriCaster as a media "appliance", not a PC.

It has been designed very carefully and specifically so it will operate reliably. An upgrade that makes sense for a desktop computer could be disastrous on the TriCaster.

"Touch not the inside of the box."

doabgah
04-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Can we get online updates of operating system as we have win 7 in TCXD 850

Paris MkVI
04-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Newtek has Tricaster updates. Whether those ever include changes to the OS, I have no idea. Newtek strongly recommends that we do not engage in traditional PC upgrades. We are very likely to "break the box" if we do. Especially the OS.

kanep
04-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Do not upgrade the hardware in your TriCaster system. Hard drives for media storage are the exception.
Do not perform Windows Updates on your TriCaster system.
Do not update drivers on your TriCaster system.
Do not install a new OS on your TriCaster system. This one can be very dangerous as you might delete the restore partition in the process.

While you think it might help, the system is tuned to the configured that NewTek built. Updating or changing something can cause the configuration of the system to alter in a way that can impact performance. Any drivers or other updates the system needs to run correctly will be supplied in TriCaster software updates. Think of your TriCaster as an appliance, not as a general computer.

doabgah
05-02-2015, 01:16 AM
The problem is youtube is not working displaying message to upgrade internate explorer, After going to update displays message to update operating system.
What to do and how to stream in youtube.
Live stream is working properly.

kanep
05-02-2015, 01:44 PM
You can configure the YouTube event on another system and enter the information into TriCaster that is needs to stream. When I stream an event, I usually have another computer nearby to monitor the system anyways.

doabgah
05-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Did not understand.