PDA

View Full Version : Is someone working on Octane Exporter ? /unoffical LW - Octane renderer thread

tyrot
08-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Hello Octane - Lightwave users,

Octane is supporting GPU instancing right now. It was one of the most requested feature. Is there someone in our forum, working on for Octane exporter for LW?.

Otoy's rep. said they are looking forward for Lightwave integration and care Lightwave users. We couldnt get the answer in that thread who is working on.. so i am asking here..

If there is no one started on this task, who would contact OTOY for that plugin.. This is a definitely a paid job.

Please lets keep this thread between LW and Octane and try to make them more closer...

Thank you..

Titus
08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Octane can read RIB files, some time ago I coded a LW->RIB plug-in. It is not complete but if someone is interested to continue the project just need to send me an e-mail and we'll talk.

EDIT: I'm reading Octane can read OBJ as well. I can't remember if the LW SDK comes with the code for OBJ export, but in the case this is positive, half the work is already done for a bigger Octane exporter.

battery555
08-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Please lets keep this thread between LW and Octane and try to make them more closer...

Thank you.. +1 for that!
I bought into the beta recently. I only know that LW objects need to export as OBJ file in order to be rendered in octane. ATM it can't do animation for LW. Apparently they have plug in for 3D MAX. Wish we could have that as well :)

erikals
08-05-2012, 05:26 AM
  
i'd LOVE to see an Octane render inside LW...

also more export friendly options would be lovely...
  

erikals
08-05-2012, 05:46 AM
 
or is LuxRender the way...
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=126013