PDA

View Full Version : "Add Null" feature: an lscript?

jeric_synergy
07-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Is the feature "Add Null", the fancy one, is that an lscript?

Is there source for it in the distro?

tnx!

evenflcw
07-31-2012, 02:25 PM
You mean the "Add Null" dialog which mirrors the GUI and sets up an instance of "Item Shape" custom object plugin?

No. I think all that is 100% native, ie somewhere inside the main binaries, not in a .p or .ls. But the comring they implemented for that to work is accessible to 3rd parties. It's not documented but you can see it's use in makejointchain.ls .

xchrisx
07-31-2012, 03:23 PM
just as a side note, I believe the comring stuff for the itemshape from LW10 does not work in LW11 since they changed the number of arguments (I believe they added the Xray feature) and its undocumented how to get it to work to my knowledge.

evenflcw
08-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Interesting and unfortunate side note.

Sculley
08-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I noticed the ItemShape has screwed up in LightWave 11, had a number of emails saying the scaling is now all wrong on some scripts. Anyone know best fix solution for it to keep compatibility in both 10 and 11? :S

jeric_synergy
08-04-2012, 01:45 AM
I noticed the ItemShape has screwed up in LightWave 11, had a number of emails saying the scaling is now all wrong on some scripts. Anyone know best fix solution for it to keep compatibility in both 10 and 11? :S
How is ItemShape screwed up? I've been using it for nulls quite a bit.

Sculley
08-04-2012, 03:42 AM
For example, in LScript if you add ItemShape via comring under version 10 and earlier, the scaling and representation by default matches the typical expected sizes of the nulls. But the same script and settings under version 11 produces greatly exagerated sized handles. Im typically using it as Standard shape but adding a Label and Draw Lines etc.

http://www.teximitation.com/blog/lscripts/Generic_BoxRig.lsc is an example where this happens. Ive actually tested on two exactly the same scenes and run the script, using the same original comring code that has worked prior to 11 and only in 11 is it different. I will probably end up just fixing it with a workaround.

jeric_synergy
08-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Bummer. Did you fog it?