PDA

View Full Version : Latest color UI tool, and where assigning textfile config?

prometheus
07-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Even thou I had the color UI changer tool for sometime, I have never tried it out until now, not sure I got the right version thou, however, where the heck do you put the color list values, I guess copy and paste in to config files right? and wich config file would that be? the old customize color in hub isnīt there in LW11 and I cant find the configs with that now.

would be nice if you just could go to display and load it in next to the default scheme.

Michael

nickdigital
07-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Putting the info into your Layout, Modeler or Hub cfg file seems to do the trick. I put one of the presets into my Hub cfg file and Layout loaded up with the color scheme. I cleared out the color info from my Hub cfg file and relaunched Layout and it still had the color scheme. So it looks like the info is read from the Hub cfg and then copied to the Layout cfg. So it looks like you can put the info in through either cfg file.

prometheus
07-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Ahh...not as easy as I thought it should be, why all the hazzle with config files, a simple load theme next to default scheme in the display tab would be best.

Michael

prometheus
07-31-2012, 11:38 AM
nah..Im not getting anywhere with this, canīt find anywere in configs where to replace it.

prometheus
07-31-2012, 11:46 AM
sorted it out, for anyone else not having used it, close modeler and layout AND the Hub.

I opened the LWHUB11-64 Located in users/yourname/.Newtek/LightWave/11.0

I pasted the values in the end of the config with a spacebar blank to find it easier later on.

It now works..great.
Still ..Like core had, loadable themes please.

Michael

nickdigital
07-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Nothing happens if you put the contents of this txt file into the Hub.cfg file? This is one of the presets that came with the tool, they look to be Zarti's preset.

I don't think a specific spot(line) in the cfg is important, just that the info is in there.

prometheus
07-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Nothing happens if you put the contents of this txt file into the Hub.cfg file? This is one of the presets that came with the tool, they look to be Zarti's preset.

I don't think a specific spot(line) in the cfg is important, just that the info is in there.

What? as I mentioned It works now, but do you mean this Zarti preset doesnīt work?

anyway, you have to edit both the LWHUB and LWM wich is the modeler config if you would want to change it, Itīs to much hazzle still,maybe soon in an update we could possible load it in as themes

And..yes, no particular spot line or break is needed, seem to be enough to add it wherever you want in the config file as long as they are together.

Michael

nickdigital
07-31-2012, 12:25 PM
What? as I mentioned It works now, but do you mean this Zarti preset doesnīt work?

No no, it looks like you posted that you figured it out just before my post. I was late to the party.

prometheus
07-31-2012, 12:51 PM
No no, it looks like you posted that you figured it out just before my post. I was late to the party.

Lol..Yeah, I figured after checking the time of your post, to late to the party:D

Anyway, just started to do some color changes, I have to polish them thou, some colors didnīt match up so good in certain panels etc.

There are some stuff you canīt change unfortunatly, like under the item tab, and like load,add,replace name groups, wich background button color cant be changed unfortunatly, personally I do not like how that is designed as a button, since they are group holders and not any button you can click on to acess anything, it would be better if they had the whole backdrop window clear with only the text I think, so I was trying to match other colors to look like they blend in, but didnt work as I wanted.

see sample images, and preset text.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105869&stc=1&d=1343760624

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105870&stc=1&d=1343760634

Michael

prometheus
07-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Isnīt ..wasnīt there a repository for sharing UI somewhere?

hereīs another UI theme, the white text is lowered in intensity if that isnīt active, the button outline is slightly darker than gray but not too visible, and active buttons has a sort of earth orange pastel color.

Michael

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105872&stc=1&d=1343768740

zapper1998
08-01-2012, 12:04 PM
cool

tk

UnCommonGrafx
08-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Nice.
I will try the cyan one. Almost looks... like a new program.

prometheus
08-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Nice.
I will try the cyan one. Almost looks... like a new program.

Thanks, yeah I new program that would be something:) but still very familiar to lightwave, I remember long time ago discussing interface of lightwave, I always mentioned that I prefered neutral grays and white text mostly for overlay and buttons, after a while that was implemented with what we have today, but after switching betwen 9.6 and 11 interface I feel that something isnīt quite right anyway.

I remember a collegue of mine who isnīt working with lightwave thou, only solidworks, he mentioned that he liked the 9.6 much better than 11, and I myself likes something in between those too.

The thing with 11 was to cut down menu colors so it doesnt destract from the work you are doing etc.

However, I think the white text wich I was so all in for before, it can become a strain on the eyes, since we now have a lot of white text and values etc, so it is a bit difficult to focus on values, so I think most menus can be decreased in white contrast so you do not have full blown white text messages thrown in your face so to speak, only numeric values should be in high contrast.

Then we have the button outlines, I donīt fancy sharp borders around buttons, I even tried to blend them seemlessly with backgrounds, but that becomes to undefined, so they need to show just a little but not to0
sharp.

Then we have all other menu settings that I need to check and improve, I noticed in some cases you canīt see clearly when checking layers for instance etc.

If you try these out, please give me some hints if you feel some menu colors should be changed, or simply fix yourself and post.

I would like to do a very light grey version too, much lighter than
9.6 wich I felt had to dark areas in menus and on top of that black text wich isnīt suitable.
I think Ill try to get close to houdinis lighter UI
https://vimeo.com/823761

Michael