PDA

View Full Version : Image Editor

Richard Hebert
07-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Is there a way to get Image Editor to list all of the files in alphabetical order (or any other order that might make sense)? 20 files aren't too much of a problem but 200 files... well, there's the dilemma.

Thanks guys
Richard

jeric_synergy
07-31-2012, 10:54 AM
That would certainly be convenient (a word which should be tattooed on the back of developers' hands).

If image files were LWS specific, I'd say perhaps they could be re-ordered there, but TMK they come in w/the objects. Tough one to fix.

BTW, this to me is indicative of testing with smallish test scenes. One thing newtek's dev dept should maintain is a bunch of grossly overstuffed test cases of LWSs, LWOs, and everything else, so they can experience what it's like to wrangle 200 image files or 300 objects with 750 surfaces.

Such a resource would be a PITA to maintain, so it should be a department-wide resource, and one of the items that gets loaded before a feature ships. IOW, a test suite.

nickdigital
07-31-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't know of anyway to sort the list but that would be very useful. It's certainly worthy of a feature request.

SplineGod
07-31-2012, 08:49 PM
This has been an issue with large lists of anything in LW. Try scrolling thru long lists of any item as 2am...:). The closest thing to some sort of halfway fix has been the flyout panels but in any other plugin assignment list its not available.

jeric_synergy
07-31-2012, 09:32 PM
This is a very basic, low-level DNA kinda thing that must be sorted.

Somewhere deep in LW's guts there's a listhandler, and it needs to be able to sort by its column headings, ascending and descending. It's boring and dull to code these things, but it's just this type of low-level hangup that makes the application look aged and ragged.

Oh, and once it's done right, everything needs to use it.

OFF
07-31-2012, 09:47 PM
New World Aphabetical Order!!!:ohmy:
seriously - this is what is lacking

Richard Hebert
07-31-2012, 11:16 PM
See? Now look at what I've started...

Richard