PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11.5 looks great

Pages : [1] 2 3

vector
07-26-2012, 10:34 PM
FEATURES (http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/new_features/)

Genoma!?!?! :thumbsup:

Go down the page, and take a look

Ernest
07-26-2012, 11:31 PM
What? Is this for real?!

I mean

Bullet meshes are now reactive to bone deformation.
WHAT?

Logic tells me this has to be a hoax, especially since the url is kind of weird but they sure went the extra mile to make it a beautiful looking hoax, if that's what it is!

pooby
07-26-2012, 11:52 PM
It would be a very elaborate hoax, for no real reward. I mean, its not on a par with the alien autopsy film and isn't likely to set the Internet alight with speculation.
I would have thought its far more likely to be true.

It Looks to me like a future unification of modeller and layout seems increasingly unlikely with each iteration. I guess they will always be constrained by having to build upon the lightwaves quirky old fashioned architecture and trying to make the best of it. They seem to be doing a much better job of marketing polish though since Matt joined.

All in all, considering Newteks approach of 'more is more' rather than a stripping back to elegance approach, it looks like quite a packed release for a .5

juice
07-27-2012, 12:08 AM
wow I can not believe this upcoming update! Great work :-)
First time I feel Newtek is listening 100% to the users with an update, and also very friendly, if they make 11.5 instead a full update to 12. Absolutely user-friendly, great work Newtek!

metahumanity
07-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Curious to see if that GENOMA rigging thing also respects expressions, motion modifiers etc etc, or if itīs just a buffed up Skelegon variation.

AbstractTech3D
07-27-2012, 12:35 AM
If this is for real - my guess is its not supposed to be posted already.

However, if it is for real - I really would like to know when it will be available, since the enhancements could very well influence my strategy with my current project.

Looks like a great update!

ivanze
07-27-2012, 12:44 AM
It would be a very elaborate hoax, for no real reward. I mean, its not on a par with the alien autopsy film and isn't likely to set the Internet alight with speculation.
I would have thought its far more likely to be true.

It Looks to me like a future unification of modeller and layout seems increasingly unlikely with each iteration. I guess they will always be constrained by having to build upon the lightwaves quirky old fashioned architecture and trying to make the best of it. They seem to be doing a much better job of marketing polish though since Matt joined.

All in all, considering Newteks approach of 'more is more' rather than a stripping back to elegance approach, it looks like quite a packed release for a .5

But if you haven't used it yet, why are you already discarding it? Just curious.

geo_n
07-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Well I'm impressed. Lightwave has always been strong in the one man shop business. This feature list if its stable and useable from the start should satisfy a lot of people who work on small to medium size projects.

vncnt
07-27-2012, 01:38 AM
It Looks to me like a future unification of modeller and layout seems increasingly unlikely with each iteration.

I donīt mind.
As long as "weight map editing with real-time (bone influence / morph) feedback" is ported to Layout.

Genoma and Soft Body / Cloth Dynamics look promising.
Exactly what weīve been asking for.

BTW I hope Genoma supports a "simple mode" for Unity fbx exports. Unity doesnīt like RemovePivotRotation.

bobakabob
07-27-2012, 02:07 AM
if 11.5 is this good what will 12 be like? Intriguing new features, especially regarding rigging and dynamics.

nikfaulkner
07-27-2012, 02:08 AM
i wonder if any of these new features come from existing 3rd party plugins?

aelink springs to mind?

it'd be great if craig (rebelhill) was somehow involved in genoma

3dworks
07-27-2012, 02:09 AM
nice find. interesting that the download/try links point to LW 11.0.3, making all this a believable 'leak'...

LW_Will
07-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Great news if it is real.

Now, if it turns out that it is false, how much heat is the Lightwave DevTeam going to take for this? Seems to me that the old team took a lot of crap for promising a feature in the future and not having it in two weeks or so.

Me, I'm guardedly optimistic...

djwaterman
07-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Welcome to LightWave - And Please Stop Sharing the Link Until We Are Ready! ;)

That's the message that came up while exploring the pages. Maybe we should just let them continue to work it. I think this is the new website or something. I love what I'm seeing here.

juice
07-27-2012, 02:41 AM
I am sure this is true,
the problem is as always, the competitors always knows long before a release the plans from Newtek... in the past Newtek was making announcements for announcements for new announcements of new announcements for a new announcement of new announcements... but now it has changed... and they just go this way, and I am very sure, all competitors already have a plan, why they already spread this link...

geo_n
07-27-2012, 03:09 AM
no comment from devs?
Its like nt granted my wish list and finally gave the renderer update a rest.
Uvtools, background constraint, characterstudio parametric rigging, AE i/o(even though I bought aelink already).
I'm just hoping genoma is not skelegon presets. They should look at how rhiggit is working in layout and turbocharge it and add super easy mocap capabality.

stiff paper
07-27-2012, 03:14 AM
no comment from devs?

They're mostly in bed right now. We'll see how it pans out in a few hours.

nikfaulkner
07-27-2012, 03:20 AM
"Use any of Modeler's tools to further prepare your rig. Being able to use common modeling tools to Mirror, Move, Rotate and Stretch your Genoma rig is a huge advantage and allows you to get your complex character and creature rigs done with lightning speed."

sounds like skelegons to me, i've no problem with this at all. i'm not a "TD" or somebody with savant like understanding of all the ins and outs of ik, deformation, joints etc (*cough* rebelhill) so i want something thats fast and simple at a base level. with "tweakability" to fix, modify and improve on the rig if needed.

to date my most use rig is based on the old simplerigger plugin, although i made my own plugin to set it up for the aforementioned "tweakability"

simplerigger - http://www.animationsnippets.com/downloads.html

bobakabob
07-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Looks like Genoma is something different from Rhiggit. Skelegons on steroids? Agree with Nik, if this is user friendly enabling more sophisticated rigs, great. Roll on the speculation :)

calilifestyle
07-27-2012, 03:24 AM
I hope it's real. i tried to log in not even noticing the link. Now i have to change my passwords just in case:bangwall:

tyrot
07-27-2012, 03:29 AM
what a find! AE integration WOW! :)

geo_n
They're mostly in bed right now. We'll see how it pans out in a few hours.

Lino grandi was in this thread a while ago.:devil:
Don't know about skelegons and needing modeller to do it again when rhiggit is semi parametric rigging in layout.
Skelegons...if that's the case then unification is....far far away.

Sensei
Now i have to change my passwords just in case:bangwall:

You don't have to.

HenrikSkoglund
07-27-2012, 03:31 AM
Looks really promising!

:):):)

ShadowMystic
07-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Lino grandi was in this thread a while ago.:devil:
Don't know about skelegons and needing modeller to do it again when rhiggit is semi parametric rigging in layout.
Skelegons...if that's the case then unification is....far far away.

Good. :D

Darth Mole
07-27-2012, 03:43 AM
I found GoAE in a beta build of LW - and here it is! Finally, after years of asking! I thought LW 11 was good, this looks to be a really thoughtful, solid upgrade. Very much looking forward to it. What with this, Element 3D (when it works) and ZBrush4R4 I've so many new toys to play with!

K-Dawg
07-27-2012, 03:57 AM
Hold your horses boys.

Now these things really do sound great, but somehow I have a feeling this might be a hoax.

I mean, if NT really hired a company to do their website (what is a good thing to do) I doubt they'd leek it like this. There are just too many things that make me think this is a hoax and that from a web-developer's point of view. (I am a web-developer, unemployed but hey).

It is running on an amazon web service product. Now there a companies who can't afford their servers etc. but come on, professionals have their own stuff and they KNOW how to prevent public leaks, which brings me to the next point. No Professional Web-Developer would ever use a 3rd party service (in terms of hosting or such) and be so foolish to NOT protect the project from the public.

Now if this is no hoax, well NT, then you tried to get cheap with a company that is not professional. Just hire your own Web-Dev team to prevent such things.
Almost 9 Years of Web-Development experience here that is rotting in Germany, will be moving to the U.S. in October. I'm open for hire if you guys (NT) need a Web-Dev Team.

If no hoax, I'll have to see how I can afford the upgrade cause this is a version I'd really like to upgrade to.

Greetz

AbstractTech3D
07-27-2012, 04:23 AM
I don't think its a hoax. Too much work - when you look around the rest of the site.

nikfaulkner
07-27-2012, 04:31 AM
i know plenty of companies who use amazon servers

K-Dawg
07-27-2012, 04:35 AM
I don't think its a hoax. Too much work - when you look around the rest of the site.
Well, I've seen hoaxes made in a way so real (even URL was close) that you really thought is was the original site. Just to get peoples emails, passwords, CC numbers etc. So that argument isn't really a proof, but the effort really is a lot and for what? Well seeing that there is a login section, it could be to get peoples Emails, passwords, CCs and maybe even Dongle IDs.

But your right, it's not necessarily a hoax.
And again, if it isn't a hoax, then the people making that really screwed up and NT might have wanted to release this all for Siggy, buts since the web guys screwed up, that is ruined. To me the web team doesn't seem professional to do such a NDA violation.

Either way, NT should hire their own web team with professionals to prevent such things. It would be the second screw up in less than 6 Months. First was NT's try to redo the website and messed everything up (I assume there was no web professionals) and now this.
NT definitely should hire their own web team. I'd greatly like to help with that if NT would give me a chance.

i know plenty of companies who use amazon servers
True, but I'm not talking about SOAP services, Cloud and such.
I'm talking about the other services like Hosting. Professionals have their own Servers or use dedicated servers with a trustworthy and reliable ISP.

Greetz

Kuzey
07-27-2012, 04:36 AM
After what Newtek has gone through in the past..this is no hoax..they wouldn't even dare :P

Can't wait to see the new modeler tools demoed!

Great work Newtek :thumbsup:

Kuzey

Hieron
07-27-2012, 04:38 AM
Looks good and seems legit to me... perhaps even a nicely timed leak to get interest up.. Sure did for me.
Nice to see the progress on the software and improvements to the presentation of LW and its features. I'm sure the effort will pay off.

This .5 release will stay free I suppose? Would be very nice indeed.. almost expected some announcement of LW12 at Siggraph followed by 6+ months of silence and a release Q2 2013.. This seems like a nice in between.

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 04:45 AM
So I wasn't dreaming this morning when I followed a link to sneak features of 11.5 .Hope it's not a hoax as some of the features look brilliant.

AbstractTech3D
07-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Features do look bright. I do actually consider (for the first time) that LW might possibly begin to claw back some market share… if innovation and development continues at this pace.

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 05:15 AM
I think Rob, Chuck and the other developers will be sat around a big table right now doing one of the following:

1. Discussing just how the upgrade pages to 11.5 were leaked - demanding explanations.
2. Demanding someone finds the person responsible for such an elaborate hoax just before Siggraph
3. Clinking several beers together and loads of high-fives as the 'leak' idea was a perfect way to get some attention before Siggraph and get the forum jumping.

Hope it's no.3

Ricky.

Darth Mole
07-27-2012, 05:39 AM
This isn't a hoax precisely because it's unfinished; images missing, features repeated. It's a work-in-progress, awaiting images from devs, or final working from writers. No-one makes a hoax like that. And it all sounds perfectly viable - the AE link, improvements to existing feature sets, some new tools, the long-awaited UV unwrap... all makes perfect sense. Can't wait! (Assuming it's free, of course.)

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Check the rest of the site out, it looks lush.

Also, on a side note, just got an email from Viktor re. LWCAD beta updates. Quad UV Mapper looks like a massive time saver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PU8QE43B18

Some good stuff coming for Lightwave users!!

wibly wobly
07-27-2012, 05:49 AM
When can I download this? These updates look fantastic!

creacon
07-27-2012, 05:52 AM
If you go to the download page it even has a link to 11.0.3, install at your own risk probably.
The file inside the zip says build 2282. Is that newer than 11.0.2?

Don't have the dongle here so can't check.

creacon

When can I download this? These updates look fantastic!

scratch33
07-27-2012, 05:54 AM
I think Rob, Chuck and the other developers will be sat around a big table right now doing one of the following:

1. Discussing just how the upgrade pages to 11.5 were leaked - demanding explanations.
2. Demanding someone finds the person responsible for such an elaborate hoax just before Siggraph
3. Clinking several beers together and loads of high-fives as the 'leak' idea was a perfect way to get some attention before Siggraph and get the forum jumping.

Hope it's no.3

Ricky.

3 :thumbsup:

zarti
07-27-2012, 06:31 AM

Genoma and Soft Body / Cloth Dynamics look promising.
Exactly what weīve been asking for.

you arent entitled to ' generalize ' everyone within that " we " ..

or more ' exactly ' ; speak for your yourself ,

because even newtek appears to be UNsure ( after reading the 11.5 list ) about what they have been asked for .

what did everyone have been asking for indeed ?? {HELP}

--

.. , so for my post ( at least ) to be correct toward other community members , im going to say simply ;

> the 11.5 LIST is going to save ME some other money .

.. just like 11.0 did .

.cheers

Ernest
07-27-2012, 06:41 AM
I really thought that there would never ever be a point upgrade with new features again, but every click I give in that site makes it look more and more real.

you arent entitled to ' generalize ' everyone within that " we " ..

He was probably saying "we" as in "our company" or "our team". It doesn't necessarily mean "the whole LW community"

RebelHill
07-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Im unsure why anyone would think this were a hoax, its pretty obviously the real thing.

Im also dont quite understand how some think there's "still no sign of moves toward unification" when there's rigging tools going into modeler.

All looks pretty good, but I guess as with most things the proof of the pudding shall be in the eating.

silviotoledo
07-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Looks like a real big upgrade for :lwicon: and it's only 11.5 !

The changes users requested are now being implemented.

Congratulations :newtek: development team!

gravin
07-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Almost looks to good to be true, but if it is I may have to rethink my plans to wait till the version 12 release to upgrade from 10.1 and try and scrap together the cash for an upgrade now...

tyrot
07-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Im unsure why anyone would think this were a hoax, its pretty obviously the real thing.

Im also dont quite understand how some think there's "still no sign of moves toward unification" when there's rigging tools going into modeler.

All looks pretty good, but I guess as with most things the proof of the pudding shall be in the eating.

totally agree.

I am rechecking modeler enhancements, i think they are pretty weak.

relax UvMap: so ?? PMG does it for free (i know may be it is not updated but lets see )

EditEdges : Oh boy i am so thrilled! It does look like combined two three tools together..

Heat Shrink: sorry i have two - three plugins already do that for free..

Place Mesh: Is it powerful enough to replace free plugins which does same thing in very cool way?

thicken: Oh wait really? no ! that is the one i was waiting for!!!! !!!! i cannot believe!!! that i can have "NaTive" thickening .. i can now delete my 10 years old plugins!!! happily!

Where is polygon handling for high density meshes? A camera view for example? I mean modeler looks like a stepchild since i dont know when ..

Dont get me wrong because of AE camera stuff i am really very turned on and genoma etc as well but lack of modeler love is very very depressing!

djwaterman
07-27-2012, 07:21 AM
If this is the new site and pitch, I can't find anything wrong with it. I'd go so far to call it cool. It explains what the tool is without hype, displays lots of great images and gives reasons for why you'd want it. It's an excellent job if real or an excellent hoax if not.

geo_n
07-27-2012, 07:33 AM

You just said it in your post or is it beer time. :D
Rigging tools in modeller using maybe skelegons. Safe to assume we would be using modeller for quite some time otherwise this new rigging tool is wasted effort when modeller is finally, final_temp, final_001 integrated.

jasonwestmas
07-27-2012, 07:43 AM
But if you haven't used it yet, why are you already discarding it? Just curious.

depends on how much stripping-out is going on. My bet it's just more of a cover-up operation but i won't know for sure till I see the workflow, especially on the animation side of things.

djwaterman
07-27-2012, 08:02 AM
I really should stop gossiping about this but it seems like the only show in town right now (Olympics? Whats that?). I just read in the features that they are going to have image based dome lights, so we can get GI look without using GI, like Vray does. This is really big deal for me. Also, the reason I doubt this to be a hoax is the level of copy writing is too well thought out and well on message, no hoaxster would spend the time getting it so right, you need to have access to the people that matter to word copy like that (I would think).

jwiede
07-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Seriously? No Bullet hinges/connectors, motors, etc.? If true, that's...very disappointing.

On the plus side, it sounds like Bullet might be able to affect independent instances now.

RH, skelegons (and thus rigging) in Modeler is hardly "new". If Genoma is extending that functionality, I don't necessarily see it as evidence of major infrastructure changes, but I guess we'll see.

Kionel
07-27-2012, 08:19 AM
As a person who prides himself on clear, professional communications skills, I find that the only appropriate response to this announcement is as follows:

HOLY FREAKING SWOLLEN DUCK KNUCKLES!!!

This is amazing news! Modeler finally gets some love, with what sounds like the long-needed incorporation of PLG-like UV unwrap tools. We get "Thickener" as a base tool instead of a plugin. We get...

Oh, hell, I'm not going to count the "50 Shades of Awesome" in this announcement. All I will say is that -- as a single-person freelance-on-the-side shop -- this only solidifies LightWave as my tool of choice.

Talk about great news with which to start a Friday.

erikals
07-27-2012, 08:30 AM
so why is this cool?

Modeler

- UV Unwrap
this is not PLG, but an ABF unwrapping. for organic models this is great, a one-click solution... done! :] (now how fast was that) ;]
- Edit Edges
nice.
- Place Mesh
great to finally have this inside LW, but now also for 64bit and Mac :]
- Slice
not sure how good, but looks nice... Siggy will show?
- Thicken
hopefully it works "correct" current techniques > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_WL6_gRa5w
- Heat Shrink
again, great to finally have this inside LW, and now also for 64bit and Mac :]

Genoma

- it just sounds great! i'm sure this is very cool!

Bullet Soft Body

- unfortunately BSB is soft body dynamics, and doesn't have the high details of "real" Cloth. never the less, a good add-on, no jitter.

+ all the other stuff.
Note, if NT still doesn't wanna share this it's best to just delete this entire thread.

 

RebelHill
07-27-2012, 08:33 AM
If its just... skelegons "plus"...

Ok, well what could that mean?

You bring in a ready made hand, or wing, etc and use modeler tools to fit stretch scale, mirror, symmetrise, etc. Thats nothing new at all, that's what we have now with skelegons (save the fact that we dont have these preset "modules" though obv u can make your own).

So for this to be a new system/feature, it MUST be doing something else.

Talk about "tweak your deformation in layout", suggests that there's deformation available in modeler... BONE based deformation (call them skelegons if u will but at the point of them being deformers, there is no longer any meaningful difference).

So what else... do we think that modeler is just getting its own lil independent bone deform? Seems unlikely, right... It'll be (at least part) of whatever's used in layout. And that means that uve got the same systems/tools/handlers going on in both modeler and layout... as we've already seen with fracture.

"Unification" is what then happens when EVERY tool/modifier/whatever exists/runs in both modeler and layout, and it becomes redundant to have 2 interfaces for what is essentially the same program.

So I think its gonna be a good deal more than skeles... and stands as another clear indication of the move toward a unified environment and toolset.

erikals
07-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Where is polygon handling for high density meshes? A camera view for example?...

yes, modeler tweak tools in Layout and speed-ups are absolutely needed.
but i'm still exited about this, 11.5 has some great updates.

by the look of it, it looks like the release date of 11.5 is right around the corner.
speculation of course.

though i expect to see (like stated before) modeler tweak tools in Layout in LW12.

but for a 11.5 update, this is very cool.

 

ianr
07-27-2012, 08:44 AM
It is NO Hoax!
Strange it got straight onto the Modo forum first?
they are still thrashing about with it as we talk.

Genoma..... is that an italian ending to Genome
Mr. Grandi? time will tell.
I hope that DEEP tools like RHIGGIT can have auto-replacement hooks on
them in the future...time will tell.

It's great,it's Spin,it's a wonderful piece of Leakage!

BEER 2 the Boys!

gerry_g
07-27-2012, 08:44 AM
great but looks like I'm gonna end up with two licenses if that happens, just having one copy open on one machine isn't productive

Netvudu
07-27-2012, 08:53 AM
I dare anyone to show a bigger .5 update from any of Autodesk products...or for that matter from any software thatīs not Blender (who plays in its own league for so many reasons).
For anyone (like tyrot) who are complaining (already), they are obviously entitled to do it, but in my opinion they are being highly unrealistic speaking in commercial-software terms.

As for the whole Genoma thing, it is really a welcomed surprise! I agree with RH , that this must be much more than pumped up skelegons, or in any case, super pumped up skelegons to the point of not being skelegons anymore! :D It sounds pretty exciting, indeed.

erikals
07-27-2012, 08:58 AM
 
Stereoscopic VPR with Dof is another awesome feature,
bet Aristomenis "MeniThings" Tsirbas will like that one... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/king.gif

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/870/#.UBKuBKMa8r0

 

creacon
Seems the 11.0.3 dowload is working. It mentions a software only licensing scheme in the readme. And the pdb's for debugging are still present in the SDK.

lwsn reports build 2280.

So probably not a hoax, but I'm not sure that this was meant to go public.

creacon.

funk
The new site design is slick. Great use of images, banners, color, layout etc Good job web team! The current site is rather embarrassing to be honest (sorry guys!).

The new features also look great, but I don't want to speculate. Features can look great on paper...

The cherry on top will be when they add the following text:
"The Lightwave 11.5 update is FREE to all Lightwave 11 owners" :)

OnlineRender
07-27-2012, 09:00 AM
I think you need too give credit where credit is due ... yes as mentioned some of the modeler updates have plugins already for this functionality example thickener but it shows good character and highlights the fact NT do listen, it also shows they can deliver in a professional manner, I like it and I think the LW team should be congratulated on a job well done...

ericsmith
07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
If its just... skelegons "plus"...

Ok, well what could that mean?

You bring in a ready made hand, or wing, etc and use modeler tools to fit stretch scale, mirror, symmetrise, etc. Thats nothing new at all, that's what we have now with skelegons (save the fact that we dont have these preset "modules" though obv u can make your own).

So for this to be a new system/feature, it MUST be doing something else.

I wonder if Genoma is some kind of meta-data applied to skelegons that add rigging components upon conversion to bones in layout.

Talk about "tweak your deformation in layout", suggests that there's deformation available in modeler... BONE based deformation (call them skelegons if u will but at the point of them being deformers, there is no longer any meaningful difference).

You might be reading a bit to much into that line...

If the rig isn't deforming exactly as you'd like you can change it around and update the rig in your character in Layout to perfect the deformations.

All this sounds like to me is that once you convert your genoma rig from modeler into a functional bone rig, you can still use the current bone edit tools to refine bone placement.

All in all, if what I'm supposing is correct (that skelegons will be be able to execute rigging commands), then it will be pretty useful. It's actually a concept that Brian and I explored years ago when first developing Maestro

Eric

erikals
07-27-2012, 09:23 AM
yes, my guess too...

jburford
07-27-2012, 09:52 AM
first spotted on the Kray Forums... i posted yesterday here and got locked down fast by NT..........

jburford
07-27-2012, 09:54 AM
just the question to myself......

if i know upgrade to 11.x, is this upgrade included for free? if not, makes no sense for me to upgrade now. lose the core benefits and upgrade once would be cheaper.

RebelHill
07-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Actually Eric/k, you may well be right there, rereading/thinking the phrasing.

So perhaps essentially rig/IK preset control structures for layout, with matched skelegon-esque units available in modeler, editable in either... speculative as to if that may also include a back n forth, each aware of the other type editing.

I suppose it may not be too dissimilar to something like the ol t4d tools, or recent profe simple rigger... skelegons (possible even layout setup bones too) with a script to add all the IK n stuff as per a modular template/preset set. Parent bits to bits and there you go.

I had thought along similar lines myself ages ago with RHiggit, but rejected it for the existing design for 2 reasons. First, I use a lot of crossover of control systems, how the foot system and leg overlap and feed back/forth to each other whilst posing. If I had different, and obv separate, leg n foot rigs that could be parented together, the script/tool would have to be contain a lot more possible structures, plus all the faff to get them to apply the control rig elements correctly for each possible combination. Perfectly doable but LOTS of work and so sod that for a game of soldiers. Secondly, there's the way I separate my control from deform structures, essentially to give a different set of pivot points for controlling the deform/shaping from the posing. These ofc overlap the boundaries where the "parts" would be parented together, and so create another layer of complexity in automating the setup process.

So I do suppose that this new system could, essentially, be quite simple, ala t4, etc, just giving some simple bone set/ik/rig presets/setup scripts using the same rigging tools we already got. But there may indeed be advantages to that too, as it would give opportunity for further extension and custom modification by the user much beyond tweaking the bone placement a bit.

One way or the other, be quite interesting to see.

erikals
07-27-2012, 10:08 AM
if i know upgrade to 11.x, is this upgrade included for free?
if not, makes no sense for me to upgrade now.
lose the core benefits and upgrade once would be cheaper.

nope, you would still save a lot of money by staying in the HC program.

Titus
07-27-2012, 10:13 AM
SIGGRAPH is just in one week, let's wait for more news.

nikfaulkner
07-27-2012, 10:17 AM
so, just downloaded the 11.03 files (the demo on this site)
looks like there is a way now to run without the dongle. sweeeeeet

GandB
07-27-2012, 10:19 AM
I know it'll largely go ignored this time as well; but I noticed they don't even bother mentioning LW --> Unity workflow at all on the page (v11 or v11.5). I haven't purchased M***, yet; but their Unity tool is a big draw for me. I hope they address this, one way or another; as they would get a larger game dev audience, which they have barely "thrown a bone" in the past.

Having said that; everything else looks great, especially for a .5 release. I would be interested to see if it is free for current LW 11 users; though from past comments, I remember reading point updates would be paid from now on. If that's the case, I suspect many will simply wait for LW 12 to update. The Dev Team is still to be commended for their continuing efforts. ;)

But is there any hope for a better Unity Tool in LW? The closer they can get to a GoZ like feature for Unity; the more attractive LW becomes for those Game Devs/Artists.

lino.grandi
07-27-2012, 10:33 AM
It is NO Hoax!

Genoma..... is that an italian ending to Genome
Mr. Grandi? time will tell.

I think it's a latin word. ;)

I hope that DEEP tools like RHIGGIT can have auto-replacement hooks on
them in the future...time will tell.

It's great,it's Spin,it's a wonderful piece of Leakage!

BEER 2 the Boys!

:beerchug:

Emmanuel
07-27-2012, 10:44 AM
All the new rigging features get my heart punding, especially I like these words NT comes up with, they always made me feel giddy about LW (HyperVoxels, Skelegons, Luxihons, Powergons, MetaNurbs etc), GENOMA sounds good.
A modern UV unwrapping tool in LW ? Awesome !
I am not too happy that there is no "element sensitive" modelling available, which automatically detects wheather You are hovering over a vertex, edge or polygon, I hope that comes soon, its a great way to model.

rcallicotte
07-27-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm not saying anything since this is such a "big secret", but I feel like I'm breaking into a cold sweat.

Wow!

50one
07-27-2012, 10:45 AM
This is all so exciting!Like..
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m72797cNYG1rq7p77.gif
:thumbsup:

Oh, I've got another one:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dn3yy9Eq1rys4czo1_500.gif

rcallicotte
07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
...and one more thing (two actually) - two of the modeler enhancements are things I exactly wanted and look FANTASTIC!

Okay.

WOW!!

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 10:49 AM
I think it's a latin word. ;)

:beerchug:

Lino... anything you want to tell us... do you know anything :thumbsup:

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Wondering what version of AE 11.5 will integrate with. Only have CS4.

jeric_synergy
07-27-2012, 11:39 AM
How hard can it be to hide a website?

Some very sexy features in there, and the "Predator/Prey" feature makes me think we're seeing fallout from ..... damn, blanked on the name. The dinosaur show.

50one
07-27-2012, 11:45 AM

Some very sexy features in there, and the "Predator/Prey" feature makes me think we're seeing fallout from ..... damn, blanked on the name. The dinosaur show.

Barney?:)

OnlineRender
07-27-2012, 11:57 AM

don't know the regards of Amazon servers but generally its a simple ip htaccess rule or password protect the server

tyrot
07-27-2012, 11:58 AM
erikals :) come on you know and i know it is a pretty weak modeler update yet again. So for modeler i call it Hoax:) for rest ..no hoax:)

rcallicotte
07-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Jurassic Bark?

rcallicotte
07-27-2012, 12:02 PM
I disagree. But, maybe I haven't seen what you've seen before. What I like is the attention to tools like Slice and Thicken that we've wanted, not to mention other cool modeling updates...like...hmmm, here -

UV Unwrap
Edit Edges
Place Mesh
Thicken
Slice
Heat Shrink

erikals :) come on you know and i know it is a pretty weak modeler update yet again. So for modeler i call it Hoax:) for rest ..no hoax:)

K-Dawg
07-27-2012, 12:03 PM
don't know the regards of Amazon servers but generally its a simple ip htaccess rule or password protect the server

Well actually, it is all driven by .htaccess. Amazon servers should be able to handle that, unless they use M$ Servers, but who in their right mind would do that? LoL

@ Hoax
Well I dunno. I still think it's a hoax, but I explained why. Just too much skepticism and experience with such things from the past.

Hey if NT willingly let this happen, then my hats off. Otherwise I stick with what I said :)

Have a nice day all, Time will show.

Greetz

mouse_art
07-27-2012, 12:10 PM
The trial installer 11.0.3 doesn't seem to be a hoax as someone already pointed out.
Higher build number, adds to the HW Lock a software-only-licensing system.
And it makes sense that every "buzz" feature is missing its image...

juice
07-27-2012, 12:13 PM
... ok, I feel as always, no statement from Newtek?
In some forums they say Newtek is again split in two parts. Newtek Europe now is going to develop the Core Software and some of the Newtek Staff are going there... The new Company is called Dstorm, the other part of Newtek is going to sell Lightwave as it is... What is true?

Cageman
07-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Well I dunno. I still think it's a hoax, but I explained why. Just too much skepticism and experience with such things from the past.

A very elaborative as such then... The more I brows it (and there are tons of things to go through), the more I believe it is the real deal.

You can, of course, be correct, and it is a hoax, but I can not see the reason for creating such a hoax? Not that level with everything you can click on and read and all that...

erikals
07-27-2012, 12:16 PM

though it's a few but good Modeler updates, it's certainly not a big modeler update,
let's hope the reason for this is the unification tools they are working on...

 

erikals
07-27-2012, 12:18 PM
A very elaborative as such then... The more I brows it (and there are tons of things to go through), the more I believe it is the real deal.

it is, already confirmed in another thread.

tyrot
07-27-2012, 12:27 PM
it is real deal just because it is a "typical modeler" update :)

ok .ok.. it was my last comment on modeler side of things.. :)

erikals where is that thread?

erikals
07-27-2012, 12:37 PM
the cat is out of the bag now, little NT can do to stop it...
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=7375943#post7375943

so best to just go with the flow...

K-Dawg
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM

You can, of course, be correct, and it is a hoax, but I can not see the reason for creating such a hoax? Not that level with everything you can click on and read and all that...

TBH I didn't click through everything. Didn't have the time yet.

Well seems to be no hoax, but the question is then, did they do this on purpose or is it an unwanted leak. As I said, I stick with the points I said :)

Very exciting for LW though. Dang, now I have to get the money for my flight to the U.S. AND LW somehow hmmm....

zarti
07-27-2012, 12:59 PM
In some forums they say Newtek is again split in two parts. Newtek Europe now is going to develop the Core Software and some of the Newtek Staff are going there... The new Company is called Dstorm, the other part of Newtek is going to sell Lightwave as it is... What is true?

http://misanthropology101.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/facebook-like.png

Kuzey
07-27-2012, 01:00 PM
though it's a few but good Modeler updates, it's certainly not a big modeler update,
let's hope the reason for this is the unification tools they are working on...

 

I do remember someone..somewhere..mentioned that modeler updates were being done under the hood.

In any case, I hope the new tools are rock solid & the flood gates open for Modeler updates in LW12 :D

Can't wait to see the videos!

Kuzey

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Could turn out to be a brilliant bit of PR... letting other sites have the first bite, see what there feedback is (which seems to be quite positive) before the officially announcement.

lino.grandi
07-27-2012, 01:15 PM

Is this the script for a new sci-fi movie?

monovich
07-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Looks like a great update. Curious about the way it leaked out.

robertoortiz
07-27-2012, 01:17 PM
I wish the best to NT.
So far the reaction has been quite positive.
..as long as you skip the Luxology forums.
:)

-R

juice
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Is this the script for a new sci-fi movie?

Hello Lino, please clarify
Why are they not able to make an official Lightwave 11.5 statement? Is it true the staff has trouble because of the split? At least I didnt se one on the newtek website... So I have no information what is true... Is 11.5 true?

tyrot
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
who cares luxology forums anyway!?

erikals
07-27-2012, 01:23 PM
what split?... where is your source?

sounds like a Sci-Fi script to me. please don't spread false rumors.

juice
07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.newtek-europe.com

3D Storm it is called the new Company

juice
07-27-2012, 01:28 PM
... where can we see Lightwave 11.5 is from Newtek? there is no offical statement from Newtek, from the staff of this forum I didnt see any official statement??

Sanchon
07-27-2012, 01:29 PM
"3D Storm is the Exclusive distributor of NewTek products for EMEA, Russia, Turkey & Pakistan" - distributor, not new company...

Hieron
07-27-2012, 01:30 PM

lol, the plot thickens?
I heard on a forum NT is buying AD.. :)

erikals
07-27-2012, 01:32 PM
 
ok, as for 3D Storm, read here >
http://nttoaster.com/showthread.php?p=1258039

 

juice
07-27-2012, 01:34 PM
lol, the plot thickens?
I heard on a forum NT is buying AD.. :)

I was reading Adobe has it on the autodesk forums :-)

tyrot
07-27-2012, 01:37 PM
oh man:) two companies? that is what i call "unification"!:)

juice
07-27-2012, 01:38 PM
So please, where is an official statement from newtek, why the server is different with the new features? And is the 11.5 true or not? People from the staff are here, but they dont want clarify? at least I didnt see an official link? lease point me there, I need an statement -link for an other forum discussion, so I can clarify there

lino.grandi
07-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Is it true the staff has trouble because of the split?

Absolutely NOT.

At least I didnt se one on the newtek website... So I have no information what is true... Is 11.5 true?

What's your opinion about it? ;)

juice
07-27-2012, 01:42 PM
oh man:) two companies? that is what i call "unification"!:)

hello tyrot, many people was customer at newtek-europe, the company newtek europe now is called 3dstorm!! you can go on the website and see, it is true... It is no fake, they never had the name 3dstorm in theyr mails some weeks ago...

lino.grandi
07-27-2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.newtek-europe.com

3D Storm it is called the new Company

AFAIK, 3DStorm is not a new company.

erikals
07-27-2012, 01:45 PM
 
please juice, read the link i posted. it explains.

why keep on writing stuff like that when i already gave you in the link / answer above (!)

i'll give you a direct post link this time > http://nttoaster.com/showpost.php?p=1257708&postcount=3

 

juice
07-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Absolutely NOT.

I hope the 11.5 is true... But I dont know!! It is up to Newtek, to clarify!

Hieron
07-27-2012, 01:53 PM
So please, where is an official statement from newtek, why the server is different with the new features? And is the 11.5 true or not? People from the staff are here, but they dont want clarify? at least I didnt see an official link? lease point me there, I need an statement -link for an other forum discussion, so I can clarify there

Because there are now 43 people reading his thread and there are similar threads on other boards as well. That's good marketing I'd say... No reason to come in yet and squash the talk with a boring "yes it is true"..

Rinse and repeat officially a bit later for even more exposure.
Quite a step up from NT marketing in the past indeed :)

For the official announcement it would be nice if they polished the presentation up a bit further and added things like example videos... but I suppose that will be in place.

juice
07-27-2012, 01:54 PM

please juice, read the link i posted. it explains....

Ok I read it now... I just wonder, because the server of the new 11.5 features isnt the Newtek server... And nobody of the staff can give information... at least I dont can find a link where I can read if this 11.5 is true or not

erikals
07-27-2012, 01:59 PM
NT stated it was a google glitch. (long story)

11.5 hint, first post in this thread. link. scroll.

dwburman
07-27-2012, 02:05 PM
My guess is that the official announcement was scheduled to take place at Siggraph which starts less than 11 days from now.

I'm also pretty sure that most NT staff is not allowed to make statements about it until it is officially announced.

There's no need to panic about this yet (or ever). We'll probably hear about in a couple of weeks if NT doesn't decide to push the announcement up because of the leak.

LW_Will
07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
After what Newtek has gone through in the past..this is no hoax..they wouldn't even dare :P

Right! Newtek wouldn't DARE to let them selves be at the center of a hoax!

Wait, what now?

:D

Will

erikals
07-27-2012, 02:09 PM
We'll probably hear about in a couple of weeks,
if NT doesn't decide to push the announcement up because of the leak.

no reason to i think, just show 11.5 at Siggraph and through in some Spicy videos http://www.iconhot.com/icon/png/pickin-time/32/chili-pepper.png

 

Matt
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM

LOL, rumours and speculation is one thing, but this is pure fantasy!

LW_Will
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Ooo... I hate it when he does that!

Matt
07-27-2012, 02:23 PM

Hope it's no.3

Ricky.

Interesting set of options there, hmmmm, if I had to pick one, oooooh, which would it be?

;)

wyattharris
07-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Hehe, reminds me of another cryptic website that got everyone buzzing about a future LW version. That one did not end well.

This looks much better and seems to be doing just as good a job at creating traffic.

Oh you NT guys. Just couldn't hold it in until SIGGRAPH eh. :D

wyattharris
07-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Interesting set of options there, hmmmm, if I had to pick one, oooooh, which would it be?

;)
Ooooo, why you gotta mess with us. :thumbsup:

juice
07-27-2012, 02:31 PM
LOL, rumours and speculation is one thing, but this is pure fantasy!

So Lightwave 11.5 is pure fantasy?

Kuzey
07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Right! Newtek wouldn't DARE to let them selves be at the center of a hoax!

Wait, what now?

:D

Will

What now?

We wait for the demos/videos from SIGGRAPH..or it never happened :hey:

Kuzey

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Lol. Just seen this at the top of the page:

Welcome to LightWave - And Please Stop Sharing the Link Until We Are Ready! ;)

Rob, you teaser you.

OnlineRender
07-27-2012, 02:59 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539169_470844652939885_893092889_n.jpg

stevenpalomino
07-27-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't think this is fake.. it looks like they're rebuilding the "lightwave website" side of things.. AAAND has anyone seen the "news/press" page? They FINALLY brought back the "newsletter"!!! This is what I loved most about the whole site! Seeing lightwave in action! AAAND an updated gallery??? PLUS all the new features? whoa. Hope in NewTek restored!

MAUROCOR
07-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Awesome news!!!:D:D:D

Certainly it is not a joke! Letīs see what they will show at Siggraph!

Nice modeling tools!
This Genoma modular instant rigging system sounds just GREAT! I canīt wait for it!

Soft Body / Cloth Dynamics? That is something I was waiting for so long ago. Most welcome!

Dome Light Image Maps - What can I say? Just GREAT!

I am very excited about those features. They sounds shine and promissing.

Bring them to me, Lightwave 11.5!:thumbsup:

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 03:04 PM

;)

erikals
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539169_470844652939885_893092889_n.jpg

Even the wife laughed at that one. She is a massive Matrix fan.

I want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes!

Sanchon
07-27-2012, 03:10 PM
But why we don't know anything about new service pack 3 which was realesed week ago ? Build 2280 from 16 Jul.

juice
07-27-2012, 03:11 PM
ok, I see nobody can give me an answer... instead of losing my time to find informations, I enjoy watching some real tools :-)

juice
07-27-2012, 03:13 PM

not sure what you mean ??

zapper1998
07-27-2012, 03:18 PM
W.h.e.n ??????

stevenpalomino
07-27-2012, 03:20 PM
The release is real. It hasn't been announced yet though. That's why it's on a temporary URL. Just noticed the new UV tools too... very great. Didn't see any hypervoxel updates though. I'm not complaining though! So many new features! Quite impressive! plus.. maybe they'll buy TFD ;)

stevenpalomino
07-27-2012, 03:21 PM
so many people viewing this thread right now lol

erikals
07-27-2012, 03:27 PM
not sure what you mean ??

juice, i've already told you the 11.5 info was a leak mistakenly made by google, and that NT confirmed this. google screwed up.

to translate > the LW11.5 info posted in the first post in this thread is real.

Waves of light
07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
ok, I see nobody can give me an answer... instead of losing my time to find informations, I enjoy watching some real tools :-)

Lol. Who you calling a tool :)

djwaterman
07-27-2012, 03:35 PM
This is the kind of site I'd be proud to send people to. It's got the right tone and would be impressive to new customers also. Finally, they weathered all the bitchin' and just delivered.

juice
07-27-2012, 03:37 PM
juice, i've already told you the 11.5 info was a leak mistakenly made by google, and that NT confirmed this. google screwed up.

to translate > the LW11.5 info posted in the first post in this thread is real.

hello erikals, thank you
I was quoting some user with Newtek-Staff sign... and they was giving me almost no information... so I am in doubt about all this... I dont want care anymore about what is true or not in future... I just need the tools for my work that I can have... I lose many time if I listen to Matt or Lino for example, because they dont answer correctly!!... I feel better if I can get support from the people I like to support, if they dont want support theyr customers, it dont will be anymore my problem, I dont have the time ;-)

stevenpalomino
07-27-2012, 03:40 PM
juice, it's not that they don't want to support the customer.. It's that they can't legally tell you about it because they work for NT and technically we're not supposed to know about this release. I'm just glad everyone's happy about it and all the new features are frikkin awesome.

Darth Mole
07-27-2012, 03:49 PM
It is NO Hoax!

I am so sick of the modo zealots over there. I have modo, and it has some good stuff, but I don't see it as the second coming and Brad isn't the new messiah. I hate seeing LW slagged off so much by so many bitter ex-LightWavers.

I hope NT eventually knock this one out of the park so they have to come back :)

tyrot
07-27-2012, 03:50 PM

man this is PURE genius!!!!

OnlineRender
07-27-2012, 04:00 PM
man this is PURE genius!!!!

:) I had a meme overload a month ago ...

http://www.lightwiki.net/NTUPLOADS/memes.jpg

stevenpalomino
07-27-2012, 04:06 PM
LOL!! LW humor. Love it! especially the second one.

OnlineRender
07-27-2012, 04:09 PM
dont know if I should post my DICK van dyke one that was funny also :) but you get the just ...

this is a winner

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24061452.jpg

tyrot
07-27-2012, 04:21 PM
dont know if I should post my DICK van dyke one that was funny also :) but you get the just ...

this is a winner

MANNNNNNNNNN THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY! i am dying here ! hahahahah

stevenpalomino
07-27-2012, 04:23 PM
hahahahhaha

stevenpalomino
07-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Quick question. Do they still do free point upgrades if you buy lw 11?

realgray
07-27-2012, 04:25 PM

this is a winner

Hahahah! You have to post that on the modo forum! :ohmy:

arttlim
07-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I say, disperse modo's

OnlineRender
07-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Hahahah! You have to post that on the modo forum! :ohmy:

nah I am staying well clear of they boards now , modo is a great app Brad and team have done excellent work and as with the LW team they both deserve merit without them people like us would have no affordable software in which we make a living ...that and every time I go on there I always end up sh(t-flinging match with Megalodon plus I am sober

Hieron
07-27-2012, 04:39 PM
The new webpage is great and the new learning area is good, however:

-Please consider presenting something different than just the scattershot tutorials on that part of the site. Something that catches the eye and NEW users can look at and think "gee if I follow this tutorial I end up with that cool looking end result" (be it modelling, surfacing or what have you)

Perhaps it will come with time, but now that the presentation is much improved, it would make it tons easier to send new people or students towards that page and give them the feeling that they are presented with quality learning material in well rounded packages. paid/3rd party or not, as long as it is top notch and accessible.

Modo is ahead in that regard... imho it would help alot since it would entice new users and make the task of learning less daunting. The library of helpful tips and mini tutorials is ofcourse good to reference later when the initial start is made.

cresshead
07-27-2012, 04:40 PM

this is a winner

had to nick it and actually PUT it on the modo forums!

erikals
07-27-2012, 04:42 PM
 
http://erikalstad.com/cgtemp/LWcat.png

 

Tonttu
07-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Spherical cat?
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_cow#Jokes)

OnlineRender
07-27-2012, 04:53 PM
had to nick it and actually PUT it on the modo forums!

your'e so000000 crazy!

lino.grandi
07-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I am so sick of the modo zealots over there.

I was sick too, but I stopped to be long time ago. Just take it as a (sometime's not so funny) game.

I'm just happy we don't do the same here, where the job made by Luxology's developers it's respected.

tyrot
07-27-2012, 05:12 PM
i dont get why brad deserves my respect ... i think he is the master mind of two different softwares right now.. i have no respect to him...

The core developers ? i have deepest respect to them. But not Brad.. no no no

Chuck
07-27-2012, 05:35 PM

None of the above, certainly.

NewTek Europe is not a division but has been a long-term reseller partner. NewTek, Inc., however, now has offices in Europe (UK) and so to prevent confusion NewTek Europe is rebranding to 3D Storm.

D-Storm is NewTek's reseller partner for Japan.

NewTek is of course neither splitting nor slowing our aggressive development of LightWave 3D. NewTek is in fact putting more resources behind the product. There will be news about that at SIGGRAPH, of course.

wibly wobly
07-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Good news Chuck. Looking forward to reading this.

I get the feeling that there was some significant underpinnings being worked on from 10-11 (like getting the ability to push Core into LW better) so that with the groundwork being laid, there will be an explosion of development after being so quiet for so long. Hence the list of new features being presented on that web page. I may be wrong but, it feels like something like this happened.

That Modo forum was pretty harsh. Use what works for you, your company, and your project. I don't really feel there's a 'best' program out there per-say. They each have their own strengths and weakness. When I read about people bashing other programs that they (usually) don't know much about, it makes me shake my head. It makes me feel like I was reading a gaming forum.

OnlineRender
07-27-2012, 05:52 PM
i dont get why brad deserves my respect ... i think he is the master mind of two different softwares right now.. i have no respect to him...

The core developers ? i have deepest respect to them. But not Brad.. no no no

Ahh let's not turn this sour stay on a lighthearted path and have a little smile rather than engage ... It's a turning point in regards of Lightwave,but one shall wait and see how it turns out ...software looks cool marketing have a better grasp all that is needed is a drive for new users which will be a difficult task and will not come overnight... Time is a healer ...and I am sure modo will have something excellent to show at siggy good times for an artist loads of cool toys

stevenpalomino
07-27-2012, 06:04 PM
I know this probably isn't a big deal to anyone else.. but I also noticed "Spline Node Connectors". finally.. rounded corners to the connectors :D

Cageman
07-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I was sick too, but I stopped to be long time ago. Just take it as a (sometime's not so funny) game.

I'm just happy we don't do the same here, where the job made by Luxology's developers it's respected.

Word!

erikals
07-27-2012, 06:20 PM
"Almost newbie"

hah!! :]

rcallicotte
07-27-2012, 06:35 PM
This particular news is thrilling. Thanks Chuck!

NewTek is in fact putting more resources behind the product. There will be news about that at SIGGRAPH, of course.

devin
07-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Looks like some new images have been added in the 11.5 Features section since earlier today.

cresshead
07-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Looks like some new images have been added in the 11.5 Features section since earlier today.

yup!>>>>

http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/static/lw/gfx/features/lw_11-5_heatshrink_468px.jpg

http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/static/lw/gfx/features/lw_11-5_genoma_01_468px.jpg

http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/static/lw/gfx/features/lw_11-5_genoma_02_468px.jpg

VonBon
07-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Lookn good. Keep this train movn :newtek:

arttlim
07-27-2012, 07:06 PM
http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/new_features/

geo_n
07-27-2012, 07:10 PM
I am so sick of the modo zealots over there. I have modo, and it has some good stuff, but I don't see it as the second coming and Brad isn't the new messiah. I hate seeing LW slagged off so much by so many bitter ex-LightWavers.

I hope NT eventually knock this one out of the park so they have to come back :)

Yeah I'm over at lux having a "peaceful" conversation with ex lwvers. :D

jeric_synergy
07-27-2012, 07:12 PM
"Giddy as school-girls" pretty much describes this thread.

jasonwestmas
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
ohh, possibly a character studio killer in the future. Hope so!

erikals
07-27-2012, 07:26 PM
last thing i read by a Max user was that Character Studio was buggy, so might not be that hard (?)
not sure though, don't use 3DsMax...

AbstractTech3D
07-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Hopefully a Motion Builder killer / alternative developing. (A competing alternative is needed in the market).

----

If that image of the Bullet SB cloth is anything to go by… looks really good!

m.d.
07-27-2012, 07:37 PM
new release is looking awesome...very excited...

one thing to keep in mind is, as we start to get better more capable character tools...we need better ways to manipulate those animations....

I am thinking maya trax and motionbuilder story.....

if newtek could implement a caplable NLE for animation clips...that would complete the package for me (almost)

forward looking of course...very happy with the direction newtek is on so far.

wesleycorgi
07-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Dang, I won't be able to go to Siggraph this year (family is going on vacation), although I am already registered. Maybe, I can convince the wifee that my work needs me to stay in town. Hope my MyFi 4G works up in the woods.

erikals
07-27-2012, 07:53 PM
...If that image of the Bullet SB cloth is anything to go by… looks really good!
http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/static/lw/gfx/features/lw_11-5_heatshrink_468px.jpg

no, that's not SB, but Modeler Heatshrink.
interestingly enough, it looks better than PointFit...

EDIT: sorry, didn't see that one, yep that's SB alright :]  Looks good.

http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/static/lw/gfx/features/lw_11-5_lw_11-5_bullet_softbody_468px.jpg

 

AbstractTech3D
07-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I mean this one

wesleycorgi
07-27-2012, 07:58 PM
The new gallery is looking nice...

wesleycorgi
07-27-2012, 07:59 PM
... And so is the Learn section ...

wesleycorgi
07-27-2012, 08:25 PM
... Finally: 3rd party developer's section!

LW_Will
07-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Wow! That was weird...

I just came to this forum from the Amazon Lightwave Page...

Wow... it must be real! ;)

Jim M
07-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Newtek developers have pretty much ticked all my boxes for 11.5.
Impressively omniescent. Exciting times!

+ it is real.

jasonwestmas
07-27-2012, 08:50 PM
last thing i read by a Max user was that Character Studio was buggy, so might not be that hard (?)
not sure though, don't use 3DsMax...

I use character studio frequently for work. It's the best at what it does, which is quick turn around character file sharing and mixing. . . with a few scripts to help the copy paste workflow. I look forward to anything that can compete with CS.

metahumanity
07-27-2012, 10:17 PM

Oh come on....

geo_n
07-27-2012, 10:18 PM
yup!>>>>

http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/static/lw/gfx/features/lw_11-5_genoma_01_468px.jpg

http://ec2-107-21-239-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com/static/lw/gfx/features/lw_11-5_genoma_02_468px.jpg

Genoma looks cool. Wonder if you can add,split bones interactively.
Make the biped crouch on all fours and make it quadrig, then add tail, elongate neck, etc.

realgray
07-27-2012, 10:24 PM
I really hope there is some method for dealing with mocap files. Somethings modo 601 left out.

netstile123
07-27-2012, 11:20 PM
There is some great stuff in the new 11 that really looks great. Ya !!! HEE Heee.

Soft Body / Cloth Dynamics..... BAMMMMMM

Depth of Field / Motion Blur>>>>>>> BAMMMMM!!!!!!

Modular Rig Presets. BAMM BAMMM.. WOW....

lightwave is LOOKIN GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

speismonqui
07-27-2012, 11:26 PM
well, it's already "out there":

http://www.cgchannel.com/2012/07/lightwave-11-5-feature-list-announced/

Hope this is not a bad thing for Newtek (marketing-wise)

Waves of light
07-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Christmas is going to be a bit of an anticlimax this year... what with all the presents I'm getting early from NT!

OnlineRender
07-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Christmas is going to be a bit of an anticlimax this year... what with all the presents I'm getting early from NT!

Christmas only comes once a year :devil: name the film for 10 cool points :)

m.d.
07-28-2012, 12:41 AM
The world is not enough

OnlineRender
07-28-2012, 12:45 AM
The world is not enough

50one
07-28-2012, 01:23 AM
I like this :

Dome Light Image Maps - Dome Lights can now accept an image map to contribute to the lighting intensity and color. Great for simulating Global Illumination

Can someone answer my wee question? I'm really interested in 11.5, currently at 9.6, anyway would it be possible to have the flock follow a path/spline? Or say a follow the curvature of a tunnel made out of polygons, think of giant beach balls, bouncing from the walls and each other but following the direction?

cagey5
07-28-2012, 01:41 AM
I see the missing images are being gradually put in place. Time to rectify the typos too? I mean 'seem' isn't spelt like that even in America is it?

raw-m
07-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Looking forward to this! Bit of a novice in the radiocity department, how does Dome Light Image Maps help?

Emmanuel
07-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Is Genoma like skelegons ? And if so, which app dictates the workflow, Layout or modeler ? What when I change a Genoma rig in Layout, will modeler adapt to it ? Or vice versa ?

cresshead
07-28-2012, 03:37 AM
ohh, possibly a character studio killer in the future. Hope so!

or a motion builder killer....

well that's the trouble with just a paragraph of text and some small screen grabs...people's imagination goes wild :D

from what i've read in that paragraph i don't get the feeling it has procedual footstep driven animation, animation layers, bvh import keystep reduction and converting bvh to footsteps...

from what i read it looks like a new rigging system with presets similar to ACS4 back in lightwave 8 days

http://www.polas.net/acs/files/images/promo/ACS4_BigMan.jpg

http://www.polas.net/acs/files/images/promo/EntireDragon.jpg

http://www.polas.net/acs/files/images/promo/Horse.jpg

quote f rom 11.5 page

Genoma
Genoma is the codename for our new modular instant rigging system. With Genoma, the speed at which you can rig a simple biped, quadruped or even a dragon with two heads is like nothing you've ever seen before. Best of all, if the rig isn't set up exactly as you'd like, modifying it is simple using any of Modeler's tools rather than specialized rigging tools.

Modular Rig Presets
The main engine for Genoma includes a large number of modular rig presets. These consist of skeletal parts including spines, wings, arms, legs, hands and feet and even complete rigs for bipeds and quadrupeds that are easily customizable.

Tools
Use any of Modeler's tools to further prepare your rig. Being able to use common modeling tools to Mirror, Move, Rotate and Stretch your Genoma rig is a huge advantage and allows you to get your complex character and creature rigs done with lightning speed.

Extensible
If the rig isn't deforming exactly as you'd like you can change it around and update the rig in your character in Layout to perfect the deformations.

JBT27
07-28-2012, 03:54 AM
I would expect the footstep driven stuff, layers, etc to appear at some point, if not 11.5. NT are clearly getting their act in gear and matching some of the competition.

The AE interchange, if it works, is a major bonus and will doubtless see off AELink, which although not cheap provided a much needed solution on a handful of jobs so far ... but then AELink is not two-way, whereas NT's will be.

Another year and some good looking tools and features coming down the line, if they all work.

Julian.

cresshead
07-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Hmm
Extensible

note the word "update" not edit...so i get from that you edit in modeler and layout updates via the HUB...so what does that mean for adjusting weights in modeler...any feedback on a deform?

not here just to annoy people honest but to keep expectation 'real' on the rig update.

JBT27
07-28-2012, 04:08 AM
Or if not the Hub, then the newer link system - edit whatever in Modeler, save, object updates in Layout ... on a dual monitor setup, that makes life much easier. I can only presume this is to what they refer.

Expectations are low, but optimistic ... no worries on that one ... use software for enough years, and updates become less of a reason to get excited ...

Julian.

colkai
07-28-2012, 04:29 AM
Hopefully a Motion Builder killer

It would have to be one heck of an upgrade to come close to that!
Don't forget, MB is a "one trick pony", in it does CA and does it amazingly, cannot see LW coming close to that in a point upgrade.

As for the modeller updates, not exactly shaking my world, if you have EdgePack and LWCAD with some PICTRIX plugins, which we pretty much all have, then not seeing anything that makes the modeller revision we've been wanting for ever seem any closer.

Could be wrong I suppose, though it's moot for me, being unemployed means LW upgrades are not likely to be back on my horizon barring a lottery win.

AbstractTech3D
07-28-2012, 04:41 AM
It would have to be one heck of an upgrade to come close to that!
Don't forget, MB is a "one trick pony", in it does CA and does it amazingly, cannot see LW coming close to that in a point upgrade.

As for the modeller updates, not exactly shaking my world, if you have EdgePack and LWCAD with some PICTRIX plugins, which we pretty much all have, then not seeing anything that makes the modeller revision we've been wanting for ever seem any closer.

Could be wrong I suppose, though it's moot for me, being unemployed means LW upgrades are not likely to be back on my horizon barring a lottery win.

I'm not talking about a Motion Builder killer in this release. Just musing that perhaps the foundations are being laid (?). Maybe by version 13!

Darth Mole
07-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Pics of Genoma are there now…

K-Dawg
07-28-2012, 05:10 AM
After reading the comments from Lino and Matt and the statement from Chuck I'm believing this is all planned and no LEAK.

I don't think it has "accidentally" been leaked by Google. Come on thats a sign of no experience in web stuff. There are several ways to prevent Google from indexing servers so the page won't show under search results. The same approaches prevent a project from being exposed to the public when it's not time.

Actually, I now believe this is all set up by NT as a pre Siggraph gig for Info hungry people being too touchy about NTs lack of info for weeks and constant nagging for answers pre Siggraph. I think this whole thing is planned to 1. calm the naggers and 2. to heat up people for Siggraph.

I give it to you NT. This is a brilliant move. Pretending that Google accidentally leaked something, pretending like this is was a hoax, pretending this was not planned. I give it to you, good move :) :thumbsup:

Greetz

erikals
07-28-2012, 05:33 AM
yep, the leak might actually be a good thing :]

Tonttu
07-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Well, the most important thing is to always have a conspiracy theory to explain everything!

SBowie
07-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Pretending that Google accidentally leaked something, pretending like this is was a hoax, pretending this was not planned.Yep. Or we could believe Matt (who wrote "We did have the pages telling Google not to index, but somehow it did it anyway, thanks Google!") instead of implying deceit.

I'll not quibble with someone who contends that this points to a measure of ineptitude as to security, but 'stuff happens'. I do take issue with posts that suggest Matt is dishonest. Think what you like ... but when posting here, kindly keep in mind that a modicum of courtesy is a fundamental expectation.

Nicolas Jordan
07-28-2012, 07:15 AM
That Matt guy is always joking around and spending endless hours making completely fabricated sites on future versions of Lightwave. He just can't be taken seriously. Of course this Lightwave 11.5 site is a hoax. :jester:

erikals
07-28-2012, 07:16 AM
so, no conspiracy?... :l

SBowie
07-28-2012, 07:18 AM
so, no conspiracy?... :lMore a case of it being pointless to try to close the barn door after the horse has bolted ...

Dexter2999
07-28-2012, 07:20 AM
That Matt guy is always joking around and spending endless hours making completely fabricated sites on future versions of Lightwave. He just can't be taken seriously. Of course this Lightwave 11.5 site is a hoax. :jester:

You are talking about the guy who had the "Lightwave X" page, right?

raw-m
07-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Personally, I think this may be a clever "turning a negative into a positive" and present it like a leak in recognition that the new website might not be ready in time for Siggraph. It makes sense in my head, anyway :D

geo_n
07-28-2012, 07:32 AM
So how true is the rumor that there would be no dongle for this next update?
I think this is a big step in the right direction. Don't mind dongles at all but the bigger picture, educational institutions adapting software packages, internet activation anywhere.
Make it as easy as other software to activate like modo, 3dcoat.

jasonwestmas
07-28-2012, 07:42 AM
or a motion builder killer....

well that's the trouble with just a paragraph of text and some small screen grabs...people's imagination goes wild :D

from what i've read in that paragraph i don't get the feeling it has procedual footstep driven animation, animation layers, bvh import keystep reduction and converting bvh to footsteps...

from what i read it looks like a new rigging system with presets similar to ACS4 back in lightwave 8 days

quote f rom 11.5 page

Genoma
Genoma is the codename for our new modular instant rigging system. With Genoma, the speed at which you can rig a simple biped, quadruped or even a dragon with two heads is like nothing you've ever seen before. Best of all, if the rig isn't set up exactly as you'd like, modifying it is simple using any of Modeler's tools rather than specialized rigging tools.

Modular Rig Presets
The main engine for Genoma includes a large number of modular rig presets. These consist of skeletal parts including spines, wings, arms, legs, hands and feet and even complete rigs for bipeds and quadrupeds that are easily customizable.

Tools
Use any of Modeler's tools to further prepare your rig. Being able to use common modeling tools to Mirror, Move, Rotate and Stretch your Genoma rig is a huge advantage and allows you to get your complex character and creature rigs done with lightning speed.

Extensible

Nope, not going to replace motion builder any time soon, MoBu is too specialized and good at what that specialization is. It would be like trying to knock out Zbrush or mudbox as far as popular specialized tool boxes go, not going to happen.

There is much more room to knock out character studio, ikinema or human IK implementations. But in order to do that, the basis of the key-framing system, layer composing; motion capture and animation mixing tools in Lightwave will need to improve, along with any rigging and skinning tool options. Then combine that with an already nice rendering solution in many cases. . . we then have a package that can compete for quick turn-around CA and rendering.

HenrikSkoglund
07-28-2012, 07:43 AM
So how true is the rumor that there would be no dongle for this next update?
I think this is a big step in the right direction. Don't mind dongles at all but the bigger picture, educational institutions adapting software packages, internet activation anywhere.
Make it as easy as other software to activate like modo, 3dcoat.

This would surely be awesome, I'm going for a laptop next and would really like to get rid of this thing coming out from the side of the machine...

erikals
07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
makes sense,

so many of us are freelancers, forgetting the dongle at work, or at home, can be a real drag :\

Cageman
07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
One of the most important things with this new website, imho, is the Third Party page. This is very, very cool, and a win-win situation for both NewTek and the third party developers!

Good move, NT! :thumbsup:

K-Dawg
07-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Yep. Or we could believe Matt (who wrote "We did have the pages telling Google not to index, but somehow it did it anyway, thanks Google!") instead of implying deceit.

I'll not quibble with someone who contends that this points to a measure of ineptitude as to security, but 'stuff happens'. I do take issue with posts that suggest Matt is dishonest. Think what you like ... but when posting here, kindly keep in mind that a modicum of courtesy is a fundamental expectation.

I haven't been implying deceit. Too bad the Internet lacks the gesture part.

NT hasn't confirmed or denied the "leak" in terms of is this a hoax or not. Lino and Matt seem to know something (at least it seems like that), but don't have the permission to "talk" about it in public, hence the way they answer posts with an open answer to speculate. Sorta like teasing.

So sorry SBowie, but I haven't been implying deceit one bit, just a lack of gesture over the net and I haven't been spewing conspiracies either.

It's a good move from NT to give the public something to speculate about and keep interests high for Siggy (which is just around the corner). That I applauded to. Nothing more, nothing less.

erikals
07-28-2012, 07:56 AM
NT hasn't confirmed or denied the "leak" in terms of is this a hoax or not.

how can a leak by NT/Google possibly be a hoax?

geo_n
07-28-2012, 08:04 AM

Yeah and the cgchannel link already said the PR at newtek already confirmed the webpage is genuine.

This paragraph doesn't sound good for unification. Should be taken out. Every other software can do this WITHOUT the scene and model being separate.
Just gives the impression modeller and layout will be separate for a long time and shows the writer of this paragraph does not know other software.

------------------------------------
ASCII Text-Based Scene Files and Object Referencing

The LightWave architecture is well thought out. LightWave has had a very efficient and robust ASCII based scene file format from the very beginning. This production-proven text-based scene file format set the standard which other professional software packages have eventually followed. Because of this simple, well thought out ASCII scene file format and the way that LightWave references separate object files you never run the risk of a large all inclusive binary scene file corrupting your assets. Additionally, LightWave's text-based scene file format allows for amazing flexibility and customization within complex pipelines when coupled with the powerful Python scripting language.

The way that LightWave references separate object files is also extremely powerful and flexible in a pipeline. This means that the modeling team can be updating the object files as the design progresses and those objects are instantly updated across all scenes in the production. Or you can try different looks on your character rigs with a simple object replace with none of hassles that you might encounter in other software packages.

Kuzey
07-28-2012, 08:06 AM

That's how Newtek forums are like, someone says something & the next you know..you have 16 pages asking if it's a hoax or not :)

But being serious for a moment, it's good having something that goes wrong...turn out good for NT in PR terms..it's a nice change :hey:

Kuzey

SBowie
07-28-2012, 08:13 AM
I haven't been implying deceit.Uhuh.

Nicolas Jordan
07-28-2012, 08:14 AM
You are talking about the guy who had the "Lightwave X" page, right?

Yep, Mr Matt Gorner.

K-Dawg
07-28-2012, 08:15 AM

I'm way past the part of a hoax already. Come on guys stop trying to find something that isn't there.

I was referring to the Statements (or not, see as you wish) made by Lino, Matt and Chuck that don't go into detail by asked questions at the time (the time it was still going around if this is a hoax or not, like several pages back). If I would still think it's a hoax, would I congrats NT for good their good move? Seriously....

BTW. it wasn't me who was almost going amok against NT for what ever reasons. I'm just speculating and reading up Info.
I'm just a skeptical person who is speculating. Stop Implying I'm trying to troll or so. Thanks.

Uhuh.
That, Sir, is your view.

SBowie
07-28-2012, 08:26 AM
That, Sir, is your view.Yes, it is.

erikals
07-28-2012, 08:28 AM
not saying you are trying to troll, just saying that most of us understood that this was the real deal a long time ago, as NT stated it.

if you didn't catch that, then it's better to go a few pages back and read stuff over again.
rather than to go on about it being a hoax.

it has already been explained many times over in this thread, so please read first, rather than to insinuate something that isn't.

K-Dawg
07-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Exactly, so I let you have your view, it doesn't make your implication against me true though. I can live with that. :beerchug:

not saying you are trying to troll, just saying that most of us understood that this was the real deal a long time ago, as NT stated it.
Yes NOW I know. But at the time being it was just stated by USERS that NT Stated it. No Link to a statement. Sorry if it was stated in a different forum OR I might have overseen it, but I don't sit 24/7 on the comp staring at the NT forums.

if you didn't catch that, then it's better to go a few pages back and read stuff over again.
rather than to go on about it being a hoax.

it has already been explained many times over in this thread, so please read first, rather than to insinuate something that isn't.
Yes I might have missed the OFFICIAL NT statement. Where can I find that? CGSociety? Modo Forums? Sorry but I'm not registered on those forums and I missed the point since those are official NT Sites. Throw me a bone here instead of insinuating that I'm insinuating things.

Heck I missed the official statement, can't find. So just understand that and stop implying things against me. Not you personally, but these insinuations are getting annoying.

I reach my hand and ask for clearance, anyone man enough to do the same?

jasonwestmas
07-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Just expect changes, maybe even complete failure in some cases. There is no reason to pretend that what is said is set in stone and will never change.

blondimage
07-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Finally caught up..

Great news NT! Seeing evidence of stuff being done in the background is very reassuring. Looking forward to a play.
Thanks for the input from the LW dev team. Any more? :)

Kuzey
07-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Getting back on topic...Um..speculation about LW11.5..that is :D

Is it me, or does 'Heat Shrink' look like the beginnings of a retopology tool....Mmmmm :hey:

Kuzey

blondimage
07-28-2012, 08:34 AM
What is a troll anyway?

gravin
07-28-2012, 08:44 AM
What is a troll anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

erikals
07-28-2012, 08:56 AM
NT statements on 11.5

> http://forums.newtek.com/showpost.php?p=1258363&postcount=36
> http://www.cgchannel.com/2012/07/lightwave-11-5-feature-list-announced/

just for clarification, please don't spread the links beyond this point...

 

K-Dawg
07-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Well no wonder I missed the point.

K-Dawg, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So my fault I couldn't read what is obviously hidden on the forums?

So knowing that, can you understand that the CGChannel Article is not Official to many of us, who can't see the statement in the NT Forums?

Well, I'll just have to believe the Users saying NT released a statement, not knowing what the statemant is.

Do you guys now understand many of us being skeptic?

Thanks for clarifying anyway.

Greetz

djwaterman
07-28-2012, 09:20 AM
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc401/djwaterman/Fandom.jpg

KillMe
07-28-2012, 09:22 AM
hmm now 11.5 looks more tasty upgrade proposition than 11 did =( shame i cant get the cheap upgrade price anymore :( but think i'd want to see some evidence of modelers general responsiveness improved with high poly objects first anyway, but was nice to see that modeler hasn't been totally shafted again this time

Cougar12dk
07-28-2012, 09:28 AM
I see the missing images are being gradually put in place. Time to rectify the typos too? I mean 'seem' isn't spelt like that even in America is it?

:) Neither is spelt ;) Words are spelled. Spelt is a type of wheat.

And I just noticed in a dictionary that it actually CAN be spelt that way in past tense. Live and learn :)

OnlineRender
07-28-2012, 09:32 AM

past-tense and past-participial forms of spell can be Spelt... "UK" since the grammar police are out! :)

Cougar12dk
07-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Yes, I know .... now :) I didn't notice the first instance of spelt in the dictionary there....but look :) I edited my previous post :D

:)

cresshead
07-28-2012, 09:42 AM

And I just noticed in a dictionary that it actually CAN be spelt that way in past tense. Live and learn :)

"spelled" is some sort of Harry Potter magic...:D

we are writing English not american!:devil:

Cougar12dk
07-28-2012, 09:43 AM
hehe, I'm not much of a Pot-head though ;)

cresshead
07-28-2012, 09:55 AM
i'm old enough to remember the "character studio killer" that was supposedly arriving in lightwave 6.0....that was when i was either getting 3dsmax 2.5 or lightwave 6.0....i well known chap from a large UK studio was dropping hints that newtek was about to deliver some new tools that went further than character studio...which did quadropeds not just bipeds...speculation can spiral out of control when all we have to grasp at is some tantalising text and 2 jpg images.

all i'm here to say is be realistic in your expectations, don't go all GAGA just yet on lightwave 11.5 in regards rigging.
what's written is interesting and the images look like something cool is in there but...let's WAIT and see exactly what it's all capable of before we hail it as the second coming.

OnlineRender
07-28-2012, 10:41 AM
its got to be better than not being able to rig at all , like me :) only issue I have is weight painting should have maybe been giving some love to co-inside with the new rigging tools but hey cant win them all...