PDA

View Full Version : livetest 2.1 update

lamerhouse344
07-25-2012, 07:57 AM
hello

Where can I find information on a serial live text ... I've downloaded a 850 upgrade to version 2.1 has asked me to record it within 5 days but I do not know where the serial elsewhere than before .. I tried using the serial TriCaster but does not see it .. how do I?

thanks

SBowie
07-25-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure I'm understanding you perfectly, but the product ID and unlock codes for any registered NewTek product you have purchased can be found when you log in to your personal Registration page on the website: http://reg.newtek.com/Default.aspx

lamerhouse344
07-31-2012, 02:59 AM
I'm not sure I'm understanding you perfectly, but the product ID and unlock codes for any registered NewTek product you have purchased can be found when you log in to your personal Registration page on the website: http://reg.newtek.com/Default.aspx

thanks for the answer

... I hope to explain .... I bought a TriCaster 850 .. was already present in the software livetext in my registration page I found it possible to download the version 1.5 update and also the 2.1 update ... now I thought if I can I can download the upgrade version within the TriCaster .. but after installing it asks me the serial thing that I did not .. and do not find either of those versions installed in the TriCaster ...

What should I do??

SBowie
07-31-2012, 06:15 AM
thanks for the answer

... I hope to explain .... I bought a TriCaster 850 .. was already present in the software livetext in my registration page I found it possible to download the version 1.5 update and also the 2.1 update ... now I thought if I can I can download the upgrade version within the TriCaster .. but after installing it asks me the serial thing that I did not .. and do not find either of those versions installed in the TriCaster ...

What should I do??LiveText updates are only shown in your downloads page if you have a standalone copy of LiveText. They do not appear under the TriCaster headings. The version of LiveText installed on TriCaster is maintained automatically whenever you perform TriCaster updates. It is not necessary to manually install LiveText upgrades separately on a TriCaster. In fact, you should not do so.

So as to what you should do - you can probably get away with simply uninstalling the standalone installer. I doubt that installing it messed up the already installed integrated version. Otherwise, you might need to perform a TriCaster restore operation, followed by a (TriCaster) update.

lamerhouse344
07-31-2012, 07:29 AM
LiveText updates are only shown in your downloads page if you have a standalone copy of LiveText. They do not appear under the TriCaster headings. The version of LiveText installed on TriCaster is maintained automatically whenever you perform TriCaster updates. It is not necessary to manually install LiveText upgrades separately on a TriCaster. In fact, you should not do so.

So as to what you should do - you can probably get away with simply uninstalling the standalone installer. I doubt that installing it messed up the already installed integrated version. Otherwise, you might need to perform a TriCaster restore operation, followed by a (TriCaster) update.

perfect thank you .... shame because at least that version of windows is fast and bug-free .. comparison to the version of TriCaster .. I read the other post where you declare a slowdown scary ... it also responds to me after 6 seconds I press any key .. I hope to update as soon as possible .. otherwise it's useless thanks again for the answers

SBowie
07-31-2012, 07:41 AM
.... shame because at least that version of windows is fast and bug-free .. comparison to the version of TriCaster.It's exactly the same software, so it really wouldn't make any difference if you are having other issues.

As to the slowdown issue, if you haven't already updated to TriCaster version 4e, you should do so.

Lee-AVP
07-31-2012, 08:07 AM
It's exactly the same software, so it really wouldn't make any difference if you are having other issues.

As to the slowdown issue, if you haven't already updated to TriCaster version 4e, you should do so.

Can you clarify that a bit, Steve? 4e has numerous reports of unresponsive Livetext. Has the patch QA mentioned in the other thread been applied to the 4e update without a version increment?

It seems the OP is reporting the same issue. Perhaps exacerbated by trying to install the standalone version on his 850.

SBowie
07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Can you clarify that a bit, Steve?there are some overlapping issues involved that don't affect everyone. Without getting into detail, 4e addresses some of this, but a more complete solution is coming soon. In the meantime, if someone sees the issue, there is a good chance that 4e will remedy it - but it's not 100%. Hope that helps.