PDA

View Full Version : Modeler - Layout Update Stopped

JBT27
07-24-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't use the Hub, but in 11.0 and 11.0.1, saving an amended object would update it almost straightaway in Layout ... in 11.0.2 that has stopped - can't see why.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Julian.

JBT27
07-24-2012, 11:55 AM
The shortcuts are targetted as before with the -0 switch to disable the Hub, and config redirect with -c, but I am definitely not running in Isolate mode, so that new(ish) object update system should be working.

Using Modeler 32bit and Layout 64bit, as I say, it still worked with 11.0 and 11.0.1, no problem.

Julian.

JBT27
07-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Well, after quitting, relaunching, trying again, and on and on ... it still didn't work.

So I switched on Hub for a few minutes (via removing -0 switch), sent a box over to Layout. Quit both apps.

Switched Hub off again by adding -0.

Now the update between Modeler and Layout is working again.

I have no idea why.

Worrying ... but working ... that's something at least. I'll put it down to LW flakery, as ever. The repeated launching and quitting will have rewritten/updated configs, so I can only guess the answer is there, but not why.

Julian.

jwiede
07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah, sounds like your configs needed the Hub info about which Modeler & Layout were the "active LW executables" refreshed (perhaps so each can watch the other for writes?). Users need a way to establish/edit that config info without requiring the Hub.

JBT27
07-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes, agreed - that's what it seems like, thinking it through.

Because a pivotal part of the workflow freaked out, and there was no obvious way out of it, it took some faffing about to get it back up and running.

On the better examples, LWCAD, Scene2Modeler, AELink, all have deliberate and transparent user controlled paths to get them working, so perhaps LW needs some of that too.

Julian.