PDA

View Full Version : connexxion 3d mouse ?

Pavlov
07-24-2012, 01:55 AM
hi,
i suppose Lw supports fully this device:

http://www.3dconnexion.it/products/spacenavigator.html

but why:

http://www.3dconnexion.it/supported-software/media-entertainment.html

isnt LW listed here ?

Paolo

mattc
07-24-2012, 03:20 AM
http://www.3dconnexion.com/nc/company/press-room/pressdetail/browse/1/article/3dconnexion-3d-mice-help-lightwave-10-artists-model-and-animate-faster-and-with-more-control.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=88&cHash=9f4d3652c9

It's been there for a while now.

JonW
07-24-2012, 06:49 AM
I've got one, works well & it's nicely made. if you want to set up a fly through it makes it a lot easier. Or even for just looking around a scene.

Pavlov
07-24-2012, 09:59 AM
thanks, purchased.
I just overlooked the full list link.

Paolo

jburford
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Just sent them a request to update Fix there page to list Newtek/Lightwave as well as 3D Coat there. Curious if they will respond.

Snosrap
07-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I've got one at work for Autodesk Inventor - it's one of the better ways to navigate around while using Inventor. However, I never use it with LW. The Alt, Alt+Shift and Alt+Ctrl are the best ways to navigate a 3D viewport that I've ever used! Something NT got right.

Greenlaw
07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
I have a 3D Connexion Space Navigator. It works in Lightwave but I don't find it particularly useful there. I'm sure this depends on your workflow as other users have reported that it's very useful to them.

I do find it more useful for manipulating objects 3D Coat.

G.

Snosrap
07-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I failed to mention that it works great in Photoshop. Zooming and scrolling while painting is silky smooth. Great workflow.

Areyos Alektor
07-26-2012, 06:05 PM
It works very well with LightWave and 3D Coat. Via drivers it can be used in most applications.

In LightWave you must not forget the possibility of use with Virtual Studio :)

Greenlaw
07-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Tonight I thought I'd give the Space Navigator another try in Lightwave, and it's possible that I may change my mind about it. The last time I used it, it seemed awkward to use but now I find I'm able to navigate the view/camera in Layout fluidly and manipulate objects intuitively with it. My guess is that Space Navigator support has improved since I last used the device in Lightwave (which admittedly was quite a long time ago,) or I'm better at controlling the device now, or probably both.

I'm not fully convinced of the Space Navigator's usefulness in Lightwave yet but it is fun to use. I'll keep playing with it for a few days and reconsider its value then.

Pavlov
07-28-2012, 06:31 AM
got it.
after half a day of messing, i thing it's great !
Very intuitive and funny for Viz, since i fly in my scene with another approach (in comparison with mouse navigation) while VPR or Maxwell's Fire give me a realtime preview. Worth its cost imho.

Paolo

prometheus
07-31-2012, 08:48 AM
got it.
after half a day of messing, i thing it's great !
Very intuitive and funny for Viz, since i fly in my scene with another approach (in comparison with mouse navigation) while VPR or Maxwell's Fire give me a realtime preview. Worth its cost imho.

Paolo

A little of topic, how is Maxwells fire plugin working with Lightwave

Michael

Pavlov
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
it's excellent. I cant imagine working in another engine, when i have enough time to affor maxwell. I have to underline that in my small farm Maxwell renders in nice times, i.e. 3-4 hours for a 3500 pixel pic.

Paolo

silviotoledo
08-01-2012, 05:32 PM
What is Maxwells fire plugin ?

A plugin that exports from Lightwave to Maxwell? Links?

Philbert
08-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I love how it works in 3D-Coat, Not really happy with the LightWave implementation. There's doesn't seem to be any way to change how it works. Like in Modeler pulling up and down on the cap makes it zoom in an out, which just feels weird to me.

silviotoledo
08-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Moved off topic Maxwell Fire discussion to here:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?p=1260260#post1260260

prometheus
08-02-2012, 05:17 AM
What is Maxwells fire plugin ?

A plugin that exports from Lightwave to Maxwell? Links?

a plugin that is interactive with previewer like almost fprime and VPR, but you can use maxwell materials and lighting system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkuIuGCxBg&playnext=1&list=PL7E4A5CEE6F5D4E1E&feature=results_main

Edit.Ah...you found out by yourself, missed the last post on this second page.

Markc
08-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Any Mac users of Space Navigator able to auto sleep their machine with Navigator attached? I have turned off LED's but still won't sleep if left unattended.

JonW
08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Just tried it in my Mac Mini running 10.6.8 & the computer will go to sleep with it plugged in. (Have only used it on the PC)

Separate issue. I don't know how one changes rotate & move, It's all wrong!? (Rotate - rolls, Roll - rotates, Forward - goes up, Up - goes, forward for example)

Markc
08-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Seems it wasn't my Space Navigator, it was my Magic Mouse charger stopping sleep :thumbsup: