PDA

View Full Version : whats happened to www.newtek-europe.com?

nikfaulkner
07-23-2012, 11:47 AM
ok just went over to www.newtek-europe.com and it redirects now to

http://www.3dstorm.com

whats going on, and where is the old community section with profiles of users, interviews and the odd freebies?

i'm assuming its some kind of rebrand for over here, it just seems yet again
newtek decide to update one of their sites and just dump all the old (helpfull) content, or make it pretty much an archeological dig to find it. (protons video training for example)

sigh

n.

3DGFXStudios
07-23-2012, 12:00 PM
I was in the understanding that Newtek Europe was just a reseller not an official branch of Newtek. So Newtek got nothing to do with it.

Chuck
07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
I was in the understanding that Newtek Europe was just a reseller not an official branch of Newtek. So Newtek got nothing to do with it.

That would be correct. And I'm sure the good folks at 3D Storm are working on getting the complete site back in place as rapidly as they can, so with a little patience, things will get back to their former state, under the new branding.

Mr. Wilde
07-23-2012, 03:28 PM

Oh? Quite a misleading name then.

nikfaulkner
07-23-2012, 11:47 PM
ok then, so how come this wasn't made really obvious to us by newtek?

over the years there have been so many issues with upgrades, registrations etc in europe (i've lost count of the hassles i've had) and nobodys EVER told me they're a reseller.

i suppose it doesn't really matter in the long run, i'm just a bit suprised

Sensei
07-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Oh? Quite a misleading name then.

Just SEO optimization.

evenflcw
07-24-2012, 03:00 AM
over the years there have been so many issues with upgrades, registrations etc in europe (i've lost count of the hassles i've had) and nobodys EVER told me they're a reseller.

Right. I had no idea either. I too thought it was a legitimate Newtek branch. It's good then that the site is changing, with a clearer branding.

stiff paper
07-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Hmm. Now, I did know they were a reseller, but I've no idea why or how I knew that.

Also, "NewTek Europe" dates from a time before the internet had really changed everybody's notions about being able to sell things globally, and I expect (but don't know) that there would have been some kind of deal set up whereby "NewTek Europe" got the sole rights to the European territory and NewTek itself didn't interfere or sell "over" them.

In return what NewTek got out of it was native language support for many countries in Europe. Yes, yes, okay, realistically they got French and German. I'm not being an a.s.s. when I say this, but if you can offer French, German and English language support, you can offer much better support for almost all of Europe than you can with just English. Imagine NewTek USA trying to offer support to somebody in Germany who has only very limited English. NewTek USA just doesn't have the resources.

At the time it was probably a good idea and the best setup possible.

K-Dawg
07-24-2012, 03:59 AM
Just SEO optimization.

There is more to SEO than just a name in the URL. So I doubt it has been SEO reasons, especially since SEO has just been a buzzword in the last couple of years and not definitely not at the time of Newtek-Europe.

I also thought Newtek-Europe was actually Newtek. I mean, I also got my new dongle a few years back by BeeVee and it was (AFAIR) by Newtek-Europe.

Greetz

Paul_Boland
07-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I also didn't know Newtek Europe wasn't Newtek. That's just weird!!

biliousfrog
07-25-2012, 08:37 AM
I found out during LW10-LW11 pre-release when I contacted NT regarding my inability to get hold of NT-E over a sales issue and they explained that they weren't associated with them...I agree that it was very misleading and I wouldn't have dealt with them previously had I known, I'd have used a different reseller or NT directly. I'm glad that they're finally using their own trade name rather than riding NewTek's coat-tails.

daforum
07-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Didn't know that newtek-europe.com no longer existed but was redirected.
I had to check my registration details were still valid (thankfully still are!!)
All the info here is good to know. Thanks guys :)

FHL
07-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Houlala!
Change is always hard. Is'nt it.? I would tend to agree with the ones who complains about the new look of the sites. Clean but... Well I am confident that it will improve. For those who had a bad experience with NewTek-Europe (3D Storm) let me express all my apologies and please do not hesitate to conact me directly. Finally regarding NewTek Europe & 3D Storm: 3D Storm is independant from NewTek. 3D Storm (AKA NewTek Europe) is the NewTek disributor for Europe, Middle East and Africa. We were operating under the trading name NewTek Europe until the opening of Newtek office in the UK. Our relationship with NewTek is very strong and the 3D Storm team works very closely with the NewTek team to ensure the same level of service.
If you have more questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your understanding.

PS: No worries for the registrations these are all centralised by NewTek.