PDA

View Full Version : Character Shave - Technical Problems - Ideas? FFX Issue

silviotoledo
07-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Let's supose I have a character wich have a big SHAVE. The shave need to be done with guides.

Now I need doing the endomorphs that changes the shape of his mouth for animation ...

... you get floating guides!

How do we attach the root of the fibers so it will respect endomorphs?
If I use layout to modelate the guides will it respect endomorphs?

A solution is to create the endomorphs based on weightmaped MOVE of the points ( guides and model ) , but in complex cases this will not work very well.

Ideas?
Additions?
Fixes?
Scripts?

silviotoledo
07-23-2012, 11:09 AM
nodes would do it?

silviotoledo
07-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Did a test and see endomorphs are recognized if I use the layout tools for modeling, but how to get the same in modeler? The layout modeling tols are not too accurate. A combination of both would help, but how to do it all in modeler too? ideas?

jeric_synergy
07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
It would be good to post some test files so we can better visualize the issues.

I suspect an endomorph is the same whether Layout or Modeler creates it, so something else might be bollixing up the mix.

silviotoledo
07-23-2012, 12:17 PM
sample attached.

If a shave is done with guides how can we do mouth morphs the way guides will follow without slide?
In the sample attached we see guides created in layout follow morphs, but in modeler, guides created does not follow.

I need MODELER guides following the morph shapes. So I am able to animate a character with shave.

it also seems the EXPORT LAYUOT GUIDES TO MODELER is absent in Lightwave 11.0 thrughg hub or have a different way to activate.

SplineGod
07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Its possible with hair guides though you probably have to create the endomorphs with the guides in place first.
Have y ou tried creating the hair in layout then using an animated texture map to simulate the shave?

evenflcw
07-24-2012, 03:44 AM
FiberFX doesn't work together with Hard- or MetaLink (setup Soft or ClothFX on driving mesh)?

And if that doesn't work. Perhaps setup bones for the guides. Depending on what tools or nodes you have at your disposal, one bone for each point in the mesh wherever there is beard or a more appropriate scatter matching the guides, then use motion nodes to make those bones follow points or spots on the head mesh.

PS. I'm assuming you have two layers, one for the character body+head, one for guides of the BEARD. And you want the beard guides to deform with the facial morphs of the head.

silviotoledo
07-24-2012, 05:24 AM
Metalink would not work but metalink morph could.

I think this saves the problem.

a poligonal low poly volume of the shave can be easelly deformed by endomorphs and latter transfer the motion to complex modeled guides in another layer.

Thanks!