PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Short Film - Brazilian Natives

silviotoledo
07-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Just finished this 20 minutes short film modeled, animated and rendered on Lightwave. Will upload some scenes as soon as I will get permission.

Directed by Sérgio Carvalho and animation direction and visual fx by me.

It's a native legend about ayahuasca drink.

The film is called AWARA NANE PUTANE and tells a story fom the beauty Yanawa natives.

Hope you enjoy some images!

silviotoledo
07-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Due to the very tight deadline, a very simple rig was used and all the characters were generated from the main character morphs. The animation process was manual and rendered with cell shade.

07-22-2012, 11:11 AM
It looks very cool! Show us some more! :)

dmind
07-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Looks great, Good job!!
The Cell shader works perfect.
;)
__________________________________________________ ____________
http://www.dgmind.com
http://www.facebook.com/digitalmind.animation

ksnoad
07-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah! Looks very nice and also looks like a lot of work.

How long did you have?

I would very much like to see some animation :)

Kev xx

erikals
07-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Looks Very good :]

yes, please upload a short animation clip when possible.

silviotoledo
07-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Around 7 graphic artists and 2 months of hard work that includes concept art, animation and compositing. 20 minutes hand animated by keyframe.

Part of the job I worked with only left hand :) ( got arm surgery first and torsal surgery latter )

Script have been done in years of research with the natives.

I think I will be able to upload a clip only at the end of the month. Need director's permission.

silviotoledo
07-22-2012, 06:15 PM
well...

I guess there will be no problem if I already show a very small wireframe preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGsKi_2X0Y

silviotoledo
08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
finally a teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0ixdL4UE0&feature=player_embedded

MAUROCOR
08-03-2012, 01:02 PM
It looks very interesting, Silvio! There is a possibility to watch the entire movie?
I liked the music as well.

How much "Santo Daime" (ayahuasca drink) the natives had to tell stories like that?:D

I loved the fantastic sequences. It is a shame that you guys had so little time to finish a work like that. With more resources and time I bet you and your team could make a killer movie.

Congrats!

bobakabob
08-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Beautiful work and wonderful compositions. Very impressive considering the time frame.

robpowers3d
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Just finished this 20 minutes short film modeled, animated and rendered on Lightwave. Will upload some scenes as soon as I will get permission.

Directed by Sérgio Carvalho and animation direction and visual fx by me.

It's a native legend about ayahuasca drink.

The film is called AWARA NANE PUTANE and tells a story fom the beauty Yanawa natives.

Hope you enjoy some images!

Very nice work! Looks so cool!

silviotoledo
08-03-2012, 02:40 PM
How much "Santo Daime" (ayahuasca drink) the natives had to tell histories like that?:D
Congrats!

Don't spank me, but I also took the drink to understand before making the animations. It was a unique experience, an amazing discovery, but I do not recommend. I almost died.

Separating beliefs and analyzing from a " scientific" point of view I can say that is an extra-dimensional experience.

Only who studies the quantum physics and know about the 10th known dimensions of cosmos will understand it. These theories are not possible to view ( but I saw it ), it's only proven on particle accelerators.

The senses are magnified to the point where you hear people from miles, you can feel the smell of those miles, hear the noise of insects, your body connects with nature like the internet, I could feel the thoughts, see energy of the people and recognize fractal patterns that is the shadows of the fourth-to-eighth dimension as quantum physics describes.

The Indians and other people see these stunning images as "mirages" or " miração." They are awesome designs only seen in our dreams that we see with the eyes wide open.

If you close your eyes and relax, hallucinogenic effects appear very similar to LSD (LSD is hallucinogenic drug) and you make a trip to your own unconscious.

I must inform that I never used drugs and that ayahuasca is not considered a drug, although its use should be restricted for ritual use. The active ingredient is DMT present in our brain, but a hefty dose nearly fried my brain.

I found the source of all tribal paintings and art and discovered the source of yoga movements. It's all in nature, but only with the amplified senses you can feel it.

I entered on other physical dimension. Sounds crazy, but that was it!

I had to ask God to come back. I almost died.

I do not recommend Santo Daime. It was very specific experience and without pre-established connections with beliefs.

silviotoledo
08-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Very nice work! Looks so cool!

Thanks Rob! It is an honor to receive your comment!

James Cameron was invited to be there and almost was there with the natives at the time I was doing the research for animation! Google president was there. Natives had the internet before us.

ivanze
08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Nice work, Silvio.

I tried ayahuasca or yage as it is called here, twice and won´t do it again. It´s a little scary the feeling that the effect is not going away and you think you are going to stay in that state forever. A thing I noticed is that the things you see have to do with your personality. If you are in someway a creative person you can see nice things in your trip. It was with a "Chaman" by the way.

Tonttu
08-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the full disclosure, Silvio! So you were kind of like Jan Kounen of Blueberry fame.
I don't believe you could have actually died, but just have the experience of crossing over temporarily, which is regularly reported with strong doses of DMT/Aya.

The thing you say about yoga movements is interesting, because as you say, DMT is produced by our body (not by our pineal gland, though) and Kundalini experiences sometimes involve spontaneously going into yoga asanas, even shoulder-stand. And you know the Aya-snake -connection, so you probably understand in some level how the Kundalini serpent figures into this. I wouldn't know how to explain all this stuff with words, it's mostly in the domain of intuition and direct experience, shamanic language of instant understanding.

silviotoledo
08-04-2012, 09:59 AM
I got a little off-topic, but it's related to the film theme. To be sure people do not think I'm crazy, Carl Segan Explains:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIj0oW-tTF4

ivanze, never use again. If you need to know the secrets of the universe and other universes, there must be a less aggressive way to connect. Ayahuasca = vine of the dead ( translation ).

Yes, Tonttu, snakes are present in the whole movie because they are recurring image of the vision and I can understand, although there is still a great mystery. The film, however, is just a folk history natives describes. A Shaman told it.

I went deep three times, fully awaken, with eyes wide open, but there is something bad about being there, despite the infinitely elusive peace. I'm back by divine miracle. I felt like wandering in a strange border between multiple universes and had to ask for help to God to come back.

Now one thing I'm sure: mirações (amazing pictures) are caused by the shadows from higher dimensions and there is a fractal pattern common to all. Projections are superposed as in the multi tesseract and causes that amazing views.

3DGFXStudios
08-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Wow the look is amazing. I mean the background the characters the lighting all really well done. What I don't like is the animation. It looks very chunky. If the animation was better this was a very professional production. Especially the walking characters need some work.