PDA

View Full Version : fiberfx optimize render

derker
07-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Guys,

can anyone help me with this. I believe Proton did a tut a while back on this....It's rendering fiberfx in 9.6 but using an option that only adds detail when it's near to the camera, so if your rendering a scene using a zoom out, the fiberfx in the far distance does not get processed and thus saves a lot of time!

Many Thanks

derker
07-22-2012, 07:09 AM
OK, I've figured out a way to control the render over time, using the graph option with fiber density.

Thanks

torturebori007
07-22-2012, 07:59 AM
can you possibly show what you are speaking about for those of us that would like to learn this as well?

Sensei
07-22-2012, 08:06 AM
He is probably talking about using gradient with distance from camera to change density.

derker
07-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi guys,

in reply to your question. I'm using fiberfx, and there is a scene where the
object with fiberfx is far off in the distance, so really you cant see the fibers at all. However on render Lightwave will still process the fiberfx as usual
and still take as long, this takes up time when you dont need it. So
In the Fiber density box in fiberfx there is a 'E' so you can use the graph editor over time to change the density where you want it, so in this particular scene, on a certain frame I'm going to make the fiber density '0' so when I render the scene the fiberfx will not get processed at this frame, thus saving a lot of time.
There are other ways to do this, but this works well too.

Thanks for your time