PDA

View Full Version : Maya/Max navigation style and keyboard layouts

Styler
07-20-2012, 06:08 AM
I'd like to see this feature in LW. You know, many people jump from application to application do some work, and different navigation types make this process painful. First step was made by guys from Avid in XSI, when they implemented migration things. As old Maya user i was very happy to have friendly style navigation. I didn't stumble any more, it was easy and smooth.

I think this will dramatically help artists adapted in new navigation and will attract new customers.

Danner
07-20-2012, 06:10 AM
http://themaddoxcorner.blogspot.com.es/2011/01/lightkeys-for-lightwave-3d-released.html

Styler
07-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Yes, I know about this app. It doesn't have Modeler support, plus some bugs that I noticed. I think native tool is always better solution.

gravin
07-20-2012, 10:54 AM
I use a Logitech G13 gaming pad with some custom lua scripting to keep all my 3d navigation controls consistent between apps. It can be a little clunky with certain apps though, Messiah and Layout in particular don't play nicely but it works. ZBrush doesn't work at all with this setup. What bothers me with Layout is that It's not the same as modeler, which is jarring considering that they are supposed to be used together, and there is no way to reduce the horizontal and vertical panning controls to one key/click combo. I don't think we need an option to use one particular style of navigation as an alternative, we need to be able to customize the controls to our own needs. Or in my case just add an option for a screen based vertical and horizontal panning control that's assigned to one key/click combination.