PDA

View Full Version : Merge Points tweak

Bog
07-19-2012, 10:26 AM
A tiny tweak that would be super-useful would be adding an axial bias to the Merge Points tool. So I've got twenty vertices selected, two planes of 5x2 in the XZ plane. If I was able to say "Merge Points, Axis Bias -Y" so it would always merge the higher Y axis value vertex with the nearest vertex with a lower Y axis value, that would commonly save me a load of time.

Doubt it'd be that hard to do, either.

Danner
07-19-2012, 11:39 AM
If I understood correctly this would be useful on edge "paths" that don't form a closed loop and if you use dissolve loop you are left over with extra points on each end, so an alternative would be a dissolve command that cleans those points up? I'd like that too! =)

jeric_synergy
07-19-2012, 02:30 PM
A tiny tweak that would be super-useful would be adding an axial bias to the Merge Points tool. So I've got twenty vertices selected, two planes of 5x2 in the XZ plane. If I was able to say "Merge Points, Axis Bias -Y" so it would always merge the higher Y axis value vertex with the nearest vertex with a lower Y axis value, that would commonly save me a load of time.

Doubt it'd be that hard to do, either.
Doing some research: how much would this be worth to you?

1? 5? 10?