PDA

View Full Version : How to change format of livetext project

stijef
07-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Hello, my production will be done in 576i and I want to make .cg pages from LiveText 576i. But - when LT starts it already has 1080i format set, as on the attached picture. How to change that, can anybody advice?

I have all the backgrounds ready to import in LT in 576i format, so... only way is to change format of LT project. But dunno how...

SBowie
07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
All LT2 projects are 1080 internally. Formats sent over the network live to TriCaster are scaled/cropped as required by the live TriCaster session when connected.

stijef
07-19-2012, 09:47 AM
All LT2 projects are 1080 internally. Formats sent over the network live to TriCaster are scaled/cropped as required by the live TriCaster session when connected.

Does it means I have to work with full HD backgrounds, jpgs, images in LT? Or smaller files will be fine: Tricaster will crop (not resize, but crop) all space around 576i graphics?

kltv
07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
You'd have to either resize before import, or scale them back up in LiveText.

Kris

SBowie
07-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Note that this is intentional, so that you don't need to prepare multiple versions of your title pages to suit different session formats you may work with at other times.

stijef
07-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Thank you guys.

Yes, but that means you have to use full hd images even you dont have them and even your production will never be HD.

Btw IMHO, LiveText is ready for new version ;-)
All of us saw/reported many weaknesses and must have improvements. Last version is how old, 2yrs? Too long for ~1.5k $US software. Any info 3.0 or at least 2.2 is arriving soon? Even 0.99$ app on smartphones are being ratherly updated/upgraded.

stijef
07-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Off topic:

is possible to change picture in LiveText based on external variable value (stored in xml or MS SQL database)?

Example: %BB:1[period].10%.jpg
Is possible to dynamically/automatically show various jpgs in LT project, based on some value in XML?

Tim H.
07-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Yes, but that means you have to use full hd images even you dont have them and even your production will never be HD.

If you have standard definition images that are scaled up to HD for LiveText, then back down when used in the TriCaster, that should mitigate the need for full HD images.

Essentially, you provide a SD image and get an SD image as the output. While there may be a small degradation if the image is scaled up then back down, it would not require an HD image to be used in the beginning. Without testing it, I'm not sure how much image degradation (if any) would be noticeable on the final output.

Unless your tests suggest otherwise, I would recommend using your normal SD images. When possible, use HD images (even though the final output will be SD).

I hope this helps...at least a little bit.

Sincerely,

Tim Hedegaard
Virtualsets.com, Inc.
NewTek Authorized Reseller
Customized LiveSets for HD-series TriCasters

www.virtualsets.com
[email protected]

(323) 512-1542 voice

stijef
07-20-2012, 11:53 AM
yep, thanks!

and maybe you know more about dynamically updated images in LiveText? It's a new doubt for me, not sure is that possible.

If you have standard definition images that are scaled up to HD for LiveText, then back down when used in the TriCaster, that should mitigate the need for full HD images.

Essentially, you provide a SD image and get an SD image as the output. While there may be a small degradation if the image is scaled up then back down, it would not require an HD image to be used in the beginning. Without testing it, I'm not sure how much image degradation (if any) would be noticeable on the final output.

Unless your tests suggest otherwise, I would recommend using your normal SD images. When possible, use HD images (even though the final output will be SD).

I hope this helps...at least a little bit.

Sincerely,

Tim Hedegaard
Virtualsets.com, Inc.
NewTek Authorized Reseller
Customized LiveSets for HD-series TriCasters

www.virtualsets.com
[email protected]

(323) 512-1542 voice

stijef
08-15-2012, 04:08 PM
just to post we found the answer: there is a solution to change the images dynamically with the path to the file in XML/database, thanks Kris Gurrad for the help

vanderwielen
08-16-2012, 10:06 AM
dynamic images can also be done if you're using a text input file. simply use the full name to describe the object. for sports, you can change the team colors and logos, or the logo of the network you're producing for:

buglogo = C:\Program Files\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins\Text Input\WEBSTREAMSPORTSBUG.png
backgroundcolor = C:\Program Files\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins\Text Input\RED.png

PIZAZZ
08-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Last 4 weeks of 7 day events we deploy using the TXT input files to do everything practically. Updating players names, stats, logos, you name it in the score bug. All the Tournament layouts and upcoming event pages were also populated by a txt file.

Every once in a while we might have to tweak the size of a name or something in the score bug. It is so much easier to copy and paste into a notepad document instead of directly into LiveText. so so so much easier.