PDA

View Full Version : 'Content Directory' - custom paths - RESET BUTTON

jeric_synergy
07-18-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm resurrecting some ancient projects. Loaded up the Ancient
Folder Structure (lookit me, I'm Daniel Jackson!), fired up layout, pointed the CONTENT DIRECTORY at the appropriate folder, and loaded the lws.

Immediately couldn't find an object. I canceled and checked to make sure an OBJECTS folder existed (it did), and then turned OFF the 'Custom Paths' switch, thinking that "now Layout will look in the default (aka 'not custom') location, and All Will Be Well."

Layout again failed to locate the object, and persists in looking at the now GHOSTED objects folder that is still displayed in the Paths panel. :devil:

1) Shouldn't there be a reset button to clear out those paths? That is, reset them to the defaults?

2) Is "Content Directory" simply broken and I should quit fretting about it? :twak:

3) It seems like turning OFF 'Custom Paths' doesn't do anything. (Versus turning it ON.) Does it?

zapper1998
07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Yep some times it gets stuped...

I use Content folder on the Network Drive.. //Content//Content/
And Keep everything there..
Add Folders to the Content directory as needed..

And Once in awhile I clean out the Config for the LW11.cfg file of all paths to recent scenes ...

It takes a few minutes..

Actually I started With A fresh config for all the configs..
saved them as a bck extension, and when things get weird, I delete the configs and copy and paste the bck configs and delete the bck and rename them and walla
back in business

:)

jeric_synergy
07-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Actually I started With A fresh config for all the configs..
saved them as a bck extension, and when things get weird, I delete the configs and copy and paste the bck configs and delete the bck and rename them and walla
back in business
:)
That's probably wise.

zardoz
07-19-2012, 02:58 AM
I've always used : Project name
- images
- objects
- scenes

and I never had a problem

jeric_synergy
07-19-2012, 09:23 AM
I've always used : Project name
- images
- objects
- scenes

and I never had a problem
That's what I'm using and there is a problem.