PDA

View Full Version : LW plugin - select connected between two edges/points/polys

Waves of light
07-18-2012, 04:34 AM
Does anyone know of a plugin that lets you select two separate edges (or points or polys) along an adjoining line and then have the edges (points/polys) selected between them (connected).

Select loop goes beyond the two selected points. Selected connected doesn't work in this case.

I know you can RM-click and drag around your selection, but I was wondering if there was something available for when working on more detailed models.

I've check the plugins database over http://www.lwplugindb.com/Search.aspx but couldn't find one.

I've attached a simple screenshot to show you what I mean (obviously RM and select would be easier on the attached example)

Cheers,

Ricky.

evenflcw
07-18-2012, 04:45 AM
There's a Select Path function in modeling_pack.p (native in LW8 or 9) that will do this.

Waves of light
07-18-2012, 04:54 AM
There's a Select Path function in modeling_pack.p (native in LW8 or 9) that will do this.

Thanks a lot. Yep, it's hidden in the Modeler Tools set. Yet not assigned to any of the 'select' menus in the standard install.

Oh well, set to right mouse menu.

Thanks again.

Ricky.

Waves of light
07-18-2012, 07:25 AM
And it works with multiple selects too... but you have to select two polys/edges/points, the 'select path' then select another poly and 'select path' again.