PDA

View Full Version : A few recent exterior/interior shots

kopperdrake
07-17-2012, 04:44 AM
Here are a selection from a slew of shots we've had to do recently for a client. Standard interior/exterior stuff but always fun anyway :)

PS Cheers Iain for stepping in :)

Afalk
07-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Really like # 2, 4 & 5 -- though w/#4 it just begs for somethign contrasty to breakj it up

Iain
07-18-2012, 02:44 AM
Hey Duncan, great to see these posted.
How did you do the grass on the one I helped with? Its fabulous!

Waves of light
07-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Wow. Some really nice work there bud. I especially like no. 5.

Keep going back to no.4 - love the lighting.

The brickwork is spot on. I take it they're just uv image maps using LWCAD... or do you use a plugin?

Speaking of which, here's a little share which someone told me about a while ago. The acme brick masonry designer. Lets you create image of masonry, includes the mortar (which you can use for image maps) for many different types of bricks:

http://www.acmebrick.com/md/index.htm

May come in handy.

Ricky.

kopperdrake
07-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Hey guys - thanks for the comments :)

Iain - the grass is a mix of Jan Walter Schliep's models (www.wallis-eck.de), prepared for LightWave, and XFrog's Groundcover series. Jan's grass is the best I've found, loads of variations.

Ricky - no4 was one of my favourites too - it was great to have the freedom to choose room sizes and fixtures rather than be dicated to. For example, the clock in there is a clock I own in reality - the red picture on the wall is some of my photography, the little red Pure radion in the conservatory is one I built for fun a while ago - totally sub-D model. With the crazy deadline we had I grabbed anything I could to get the job done on time.

Brickwork is a series I have which includes normal mapping - although I think the cottage one may be one of my own I built for larger walls. They're all just planar mapped - simple, but with diffuse, spec, normal and bump maps applied.

Thanks for the link to the brick builder - I've used one very similar from http://www.beldenbrick.com/MasonryDesigner.htm - might be the same package? It downloads the textures if you've never used them before, but it's crazy useful sometimes!

Waves of light
07-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Duncan,

Oh, a project without boundaries, now there's a thing of beauty! Good use of personal models to hit the deadline then.

Yep, that looks the same as the Masonry Designer I've played with.

Thanks for the link to Jan's stuff. They're relatively cheap and yet really detailed.

Ricky.

Daphne
07-31-2012, 07:20 AM
These look really nice. #5 is my favorite but the grass is really cool. When I went to Jan's site though, it is only in German. Are you referring to the Silva 3D grass?

Tobian
07-31-2012, 08:11 AM
Beautiful stuff! The grass and plants are especially effective.

The only crits I can give is the lighting is a little flat (I expect deliberate for the client), and the usual brick corner issue :)

You should send these to Matt, to upload on the new LW Gallery!

lardbros
07-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Wow. Some really nice work there bud. I especially like no. 5.

Keep going back to no.4 - love the lighting.

The brickwork is spot on. I take it they're just uv image maps using LWCAD... or do you use a plugin?

Speaking of which, here's a little share which someone told me about a while ago. The acme brick masonry designer. Lets you create image of masonry, includes the mortar (which you can use for image maps) for many different types of bricks:

http://www.acmebrick.com/md/index.htm

May come in handy.

Ricky.

Really nice work there... love the lighting on all, and the grass is very nice indeed!!

Ha, it's funny... I've been using that Acme brick designer for years... nice and quick for most brick buildings and patterns of brick

kopperdrake
08-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks chaps :) Yes Daphne, you are so right - it is Silva 3D's grass, I have no idea how I thought it was Jan's!

Cheers Tobian - yep, the colours are for a brochure :) I push the styling as much as possible but they needed to match existing photography. Plus, if I give a flatter image they can always post-work it to match other images.