PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Rig 2.0 alpha - face tracking

erikals
07-16-2012, 05:32 AM
http://www.origamidigital.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=437

remember > alpha...

tyrot
07-16-2012, 05:39 AM
enki rocks! I was testing other features as well. I think for character animation JimmyRig 2.0 is gonna be so sweet. Especially manual controls, IK locks etc. etc.

full automatic Rigging ... check
full Mocap control.... check
Facial Animation ....check
manual-hand made animation .... check.
native LW support... check

go Jimmy go!

stevecullum
07-16-2012, 05:50 AM
I thought jimmy rig support had fallen by the wayside - nice to see there is a new update...

erikals
07-16-2012, 05:58 AM
 
nope, they just develop it in their spare time, so things tend to take a bit longer than "usual"...
 

wesleycorgi
07-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes, this is a cool development. As someone who has "bought in," it's a double-edged sword: 1) I love the way Jimmy Rig works, 2) I hate the Russian Roulette of crashing and licensing. The potential of JR (the Kinect mocap, the facial mocap, etc.) slightly outweighs the angst of the licensing system and crashing.

I wish it were a more stable piece of software. If the tech was directly integrated into LW, that would be awesome.

Greenlaw
07-16-2012, 05:56 PM
That's pretty cool!

I'm curious to see how this is set up--for example, will they include a user configurable face rig?

Looking forward to trying this feature out.

G.

spigolo
07-16-2012, 06:17 PM
i bought it for a project using the kinekt..it was a nightmare of crash and strange beaviour..the support was absent itěs a pity as the potential is great!

tyrot
07-17-2012, 02:45 AM
spigolo, actually enki was very responsive to our feedback. I remember he solved couple of bugs and even added some features we need it desperately, almost in same day.

stevecullum
07-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Is this crash happy behaviour something everyone is experiencing? Perhaps it has particilar tastes when it comes to drivers and hardware. Maybe v2 will prove a bit more stable.

DigitalSorcery8
07-17-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm just waiting for the Pro version to be complete with the new licensing so that we do not have to connect to the internet. I bought the lite version but haven't touched it.

geo_n
07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm just waiting for the Pro version to be complete with the new licensing so that we do not have to connect to the internet. I bought the lite version but haven't touched it.

But you bought the lite version really cheap :p
The development is too slow, the forum went dead for months so I sold it off. The internet licensing is still a pain.

DigitalSorcery8
07-17-2012, 11:51 PM
But you bought the lite version really cheap :p Thanks to you. :bowdown:

The development is too slow, the forum went dead for months so I sold it off. The internet licensing is still a pain.
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I haven't touched it. They said there would be a different non-internet licensing scheme for the Pro version.... but I'm getting allot older and still no Pro version. :sleeping:

jdomingo
07-18-2012, 03:30 AM
can jimmyrig rig a four legged creature? the sample giraffe is standing as if like human but can it rig 4 legged ones?

massmusic
07-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Got J|R Lite to get into the Kinect Mo Cap Beta, only to discover the Beta doesn't work with a specific set of Intel Graphics chip sets (which all of my Win 7 comps use). I was informed they would work on a fix. That was in April. No word from them since. Just asked for an update last week even. The silence is golden.

silviotoledo
07-18-2012, 06:30 PM
So, does it compares video with pre-done endomorphs and animate it? With endomorphs blending?

If yes, it's all I was looking for.

erikals
07-19-2012, 02:37 AM
...it most probably use bones, not 100% sure...

but when imported to LW, you could use the bones to drive the morphs instead,
unsure how good it would look though...

 

silviotoledo
09-04-2012, 06:34 PM
6 morphs! So cool! Hope it will drive more morphs soon!

Greenlaw
09-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes, for now, they say. Six is apparently what the Microsoft SDK currently offers but Origami says they intend to expand that limit.

G.