PDA

View Full Version : extra dongle for DFX+

robinson
10-27-2003, 01:41 PM
IMPORTANT !!! at least for me...

and sorry Chuck but still got problems over here, not your fault I know.

Just wanted to know if somebody really purchased an extra dongle for DFX+.

I was talking to my reseller (CAI-Systeme) a few times but after a few month nothing happened so I wrote directly to eyeon USA and they told me I can purchase this extra dongle for 95 $, no problem like Chuck Baker mentioned on the Newtek forum before.

But after my reseller talked to eyeon-europe we are back where we started before !
Eyeon Europe never heard about this dongle upgrade !

I know some of you received this extra dfx+ dongle, I also ordered the bundle in June but I didnít receive this extra dongle !
If you are from Europe and received an extra dongle PLEASE SEND me a private mail or reply to this thread with your name, my reseller told me that nobody from Europe received an extra dongle and I wanted to know if thatís true !!!

I might try to order this dongle directly from the US but the shipping and custom coasts are pretty highÖ

And btw thatís not a flaming newtek or whatever thread just wanted to clear up a few things.
And I need this extra dongle for another workstation.

Thanks for any help
Robinson

The same thread on cgtalk
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98476

Aegis
10-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Not sure what you mean by "extra" dongle but yes, I'm in the UK and I got a dongle with my DFX+...

Bytehawk
10-27-2003, 05:06 PM
ditto, got a parralel DFX dongle with the nice shiny black DFX box
and another LW 7.5 install cd (asif the one I had wasn't any good anymore) with new serial number I had to register to comply with the free LW8 update

btw I really wonder when and how NT are going to send out the new LW8 serials for us upgraders. That's gona be a huge and precise job!

reseller : onevideo (really nice chaps by the way)

KillMe
10-27-2003, 05:27 PM
yeah i got a parallel dongle with mine from onevideo too

not that i need it either got them both on teh same machine anyway but that may change someday so glad its there

dashwilson
10-27-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm just purchase upgrade from reseller (LW8 upgrade and DFX+)
In my DFX+ box, just Manuals and CD, there is no 'Dongle'. It's just use the Serial Number and CD key to online register to download a Dfusion.dat file for activiate the DFX+.
Am I miss something? Is it neccessary to have a 'Dongle'? and , Anyone install the'Render Node' in the DFX+ CD? Since I can't activate it (it look for a *.lic file, I'm waiting for Eyeon's reply).

May be above is silly question? Colud anyone answer me??

bloontz
10-27-2003, 06:35 PM
I believe some early orders were shipped with a dongle but they switched it to be tied to your lightwave dongle at some point. Also it looks like you have to pay for each render node seperately.

retinajoy
10-28-2003, 03:12 AM
My DFX+ arrived without a dongle and works fine with my parallel lightwave one. DFX is great and was well worth the upgrade and in my opinion, better than After Effects (though I only used up to version 4).

Bytehawk
10-28-2003, 06:05 AM
forgot to add, I was one of the early adopters. Onevideo didn't even have them in stock yet when i ordered...

Thalaxis
10-29-2003, 12:08 PM
I would have preferred it to be tied to my LW dongle, to be
honest; instead I have a parallel dongle, which means that I'll
have to spring an extra $99+shipping to get a dongle that I can
use on my new computer.

Of course, I should have been able to choose which dongle to get
when I ordered the upgrade.

robinson
10-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Ok, I will finally get this extra dongle.

I ordered the extra USB dongle directly from eyeon Canada yesterday and it should arrive by tomorrow.
I only* payed 95 $, the shipping and handling is free.
Great customer support if you contact eyeon directly in Canada
[email protected] , forget about eyeon Europe they donít know nothing.

*I ordered this LW/DFX+ Bundle in June, Newtek fist mentioned this dongle problem ďThe DFX + will be keyed to the LightWave dongle.Ē
in July, this deal was supposed to end by the end of June.
So Iím still pissed that Newtek treat customers different and I had to pay these extra 95 $ :mad: