PDA

View Full Version : Only one pass render

barbieboy
07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi guys,

Real trivia here, but can't for the life of me fathom why it renders with only one pass when set to Classic / 9.

Give up... ::(

LW10

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/BarbieMarcus_bucket/Lightwave/Rendersonlyonepass.jpg

Ryan Roye
07-13-2012, 05:00 PM
The camera type you have set is "Perspective". For "Classic" anti-aliasing to be used, you have to set your camera to "Classic" mode.

Click on your camera and check your settings: I like to leave the "use global settings" options checked most of the time and just manipulate all render settings from the global settings menu.

Perspective camera has situational uses: It is better in dense scenes where you don't want things like hidden geometry or stuff that can't be seen to suck away rendering calculations and slow down your renders. It basically "ray-traces" what the camera sees to determine if something should be rendered or not... at least from what I understand.

Classic camera just goes "Meh, I'm just gunna render everythin' even if I can't see it". For simpler scenes, classic is much faster.

barbieboy
07-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Many thanks Chaz,

I knew the basics on LW7 way back, I'm very rusty and got some catching up to do :(
I ticked the 'use global' at the bottom of the camera properties next to motion blur.

Thanks again ;)