PDA

View Full Version : Stream Just Dies

GeekNews
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
I have been seeing a new issue come up, I am pushing my stream to Amazon Cloudfront and their Amazon Flash media Server..

Recently I have had the tricaster just stop pushing the stream.. The logs on the FMS show packets just halted. When I reset the stream aka toggle it from On to Off and back to On all is good and the stream re-starts.

Here is the weird part. So long as I toggle the stream ON-Off-On the stream will stay online for 24hrs. If I toggle the Stream to On the longest I have had the stream stay live if about 60 minutes before it just quit..

Is anyone else just seeing a stream quit like that.. We did network monitoring the last show and saw no network issues. But we did see where the tricaster just stopped streaming..

The tricaster has its own dedicated 3mbps upstream and 50mb downstream. We have been pushing 640x360 at 1mb

Todd..

joseburgos
07-11-2012, 05:16 PM
EDIT: You may want to wait till NewTek responds to this to confirm you can do this

There is a way to run a log and view a log of FMLE that you could send to NewTek to see what is happening.

To enable debug logs in FMLE, go to the FMLE installation directory and open up the config.xml file present inside the conf folder. Set the value of \\logs\enable tag to "true". Optionally, you can also specify the "path" of the log files. By default, logs will be created inside "My Videos" directory. Log folder will be named as "stats_...".
Just launch TriCaster and start your stream. Once it stops, exit TriCaster and copy and paste your log file to the desktop for easy access. Now Launch TriCaster again and do your start, stop and start Stream and let it run for a little and then stop it. Exit TriCaster and copy the log to the desktop (you may need to rename it).
The last step is to zip these two logs and email to NewTek.

After you send them, edit the xml back to false so you don't keep creating log files.

Take care,

GeekNews
07-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Jose

So far the turn stream on wait 30 seconds, turn stream off wait 30 seconds, turn stream on is working..

I will try your method tomorrow when, I can run for a few hours on replay. This has only started since I updated the tricaster to the latest build which solved my recording failure issue..

Baby steps, but physically upgrading from the 850 to the 855 sure has felt like I am going in reverse a lot....

Todd..

Helder Conde
01-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Hi,

I'm wondering whether this issue has been fixed. I have the very same problem running Tricaster 40 v2: the stream simply stops happening. The "streaming button" on the Tricaster interface toggles off by itself, and streaming stops. No error messages or anything. If I click the button again, streaming restarts just fine.

We've been avoiding streaming directly from Tricaster due to this problem. We use an external encoder, just in order to mitigate this bug. But that's definitely not an elegant solution at all.

A couple of information: our Tricasters runs on the building no-break, so no AC interruptions whatosever occur. Also, this is not related to bandwidth or connectivity issues. The streaming button generally keeps turned on, even if I manually disconnect the network cable from the Tricaster.

The problem is actually in the "randomness" of the situation. Streams stops with no apparent reason.

Anyone else has seen this? Any known workarounds?

Best regards,

Helder Conde

Lars Borg
01-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Yes there is a problem, the stream suddenly stops, this after we updated to the latest version for TC40 ver2 build 6e.

Helder Conde
01-16-2014, 01:36 AM
As a matter of fact, I've also seen it happen with Tricaster 40 (non-V2) versions. I have one here that's not yet updated, and the problem exists just the same.

Is NewTek aware of this? Any fixes coming out soon?

Helder Conde

joseburgos
01-16-2014, 06:24 AM
Hector and Lars,
Have you enabled the log to help get to the root of the problem (I give instruction on how to in this thread a few post back)?

Helder Conde
01-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi,

I'll be unable to do that in the upcoming days, since my Tricasters are being used all day long. But in early February I'll go ahead and configure the logs as joseburgos suggested, so that we can proceed with the tests.

Best regards,

Helder Conde

PhillyBC
04-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Hi,

I'll be unable to do that in the upcoming days, since my Tricasters are being used all day long. But in early February I'll go ahead and configure the logs as joseburgos suggested, so that we can proceed with the tests.

Best regards,

Helder Conde

Any updates on this? We have a similar issue that's been killing us recently.

-- Eric

Helder Conde
04-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi Eric,

After we updated our Tricasters softwares to version 6e-140217, we no longer faced the issue.

Thanks!