PDA

View Full Version : Dante's Horizon - The horizon of horror...

shrox
07-11-2012, 03:25 PM
The deadline is here, the client loves it, it's out the door.

It is for an augmented reality app where you point your smartphone at the symbol on a movie poster, and you see a trailer, then you can view showtimes, read reviews and buy tickets.

For my own use, I am going to rework it a bit, change a scene or two. then render at 1080 HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XJdBSbdci0&feature=youtu.be

calilifestyle
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
pretty cool

shrox
07-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks,

I put this together is about three weeks, then about a weeks' worth of rendering with two machines.

Afalk
07-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Simply great stuff. I really love the slightly campy feel - it brings out teh classic sci-fi vibe for me. Very cool :D

shrox
07-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Simply great stuff. I really love the slightly campy feel - it brings out teh classic sci-fi vibe for me. Very cool :D

Thanks.

Sometimes I'll post something like this that I think is pretty cool based upon the amount of time I had, and I get few responses. I just sometimes wonder if I am deluding myself in thinking I'm any good.

DigitalSorcery8
07-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Looks good to me! :)

Kind of looks like a blend of Babylon5, Prometheus, Space:1999 and BSG. :thumbsup:

Pamela G. Juust
07-13-2012, 04:37 AM
Its good, considering the time it took to make it. Is it straight out of lightwave or is there some post processing involved?

Cheers!
J.

sony
07-30-2012, 03:37 PM
the animation good the alien ripoff excellent

shrox
07-31-2012, 01:16 PM
It's all straight Lightwave, and edited in Premiere.

I'm re-rendering it now too.

LW_Will
07-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks.

Sometimes I'll post something like this that I think is pretty cool based upon the amount of time I had, and I get few responses. I just sometimes wonder if I am deluding myself in thinking I'm any good.

No, dude, you are not delusional. You are a genius! Great work!

Ryan Roye
07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm really jealous of your visual skills. To do that equivalent of work it would take me months. Granted, the animation could be better but I do think it was applied effectively. Not a big fan of the black screen text thing for trailers... but I suppose it is what is most popular.

I also believe responses can also strongly depend on how much discussion the piece can stir up. It is not always the caliber of work that determines what is innately popular. It certainly helps, but it's only a small part of the big equation.

skype6
08-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Realy Nice! I like that style.. But somehow the video is clean, for my taste (this is my subjective opinion) all in all, another great animation:thumbsup:

Cheers :beerchug:

shrox
08-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks all.

What I need is a girlfriend to pat me on the head and say "yes hon, you are king of the world."

shrox
09-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Well, I never got paid for this, so I have been tweaking a few scenes and re-rendering it as my own, made it more scary too...

Follow it here:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?143324-Dante-s-Horizon-redo&p=1397927#post1397927

prometheus
09-06-2014, 10:47 AM
I think it is of varied quality, some things are great and things I myself wouldnīt have the skills to do,( I just do 10 seconds vfx experiments:)) ..so who am I to talk :)
But some things could be worked on more...

apart from the whole 3d work and animation, I feel it has gaps in editing and missing scenes to get it to work as fluid on going story, so maybe it needs a better storyboarding where it needs a filling in of some new or additional scenes, of course ..more rendertime so I can understand if you maybe try to cut it short.

The first scenes I would probably excpect to see a landing or additional probe sent down to the planet, and after that the elevation scene, besides the vehicle scene seem a little odd in order before the vechicle arrival.
I hope you take that as some suggestions on how the editing might work differently..not sure really if it would be proper...so itīs just suggestions.

Michael

Marander
09-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Yes we expect the full feature version of this! Just kiddin amazing what you did in 3 weeks!