PDA

View Full Version : Not too bad - one man production

Rayek
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
https://vimeo.com/45461499

Pretty good - even with the obvious flaws. Quite impressive for a one-man production done in his spare time. I like the cinematography.

Markc
07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Another cool Blender production :)

Scazzino
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
That was pretty cool, especially for a one-man-short. :thumbsup:

metahumanity
07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Why do people insist on using Vimeo?????

All it does for me is buffering instead of playing.

Rayek
07-11-2012, 10:38 PM

Not only Vimeo - check the link on his blog.
http://aras-tale.loramel.net/movie/

geo_n
07-11-2012, 11:31 PM
The hair and cloth looks really good.

Rayek
07-11-2012, 11:45 PM
The hair and cloth looks really good.

Yes, but I noticed some flaws where the hair pushes through the shoulders at some point. I remember reading that the Sintel crew was fighting with this type of problem as well.

THREEL
07-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Did anyone recognize one of the names in the Special thanks to part of the credits. One Richard Culver, who I'm assuming is our forums very own Surrealist. I know he's helped me out quite a bit in the past. :thumbsup:

safetyman
07-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Really well done.

biliousfrog
07-12-2012, 05:59 AM

Same here, if it's not also available on YouTube I'll leave it. I'd rather watch a marginally lower quality video in realtime than wait hours for a 10 minute video to buffer on Vimeo

biliousfrog
07-12-2012, 06:00 AM
YouTube link: http://youtu.be/7qQNiepekno

RebelHill
07-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I too wondered how many Richard Culver's are out there.

Not bad, excepting the obvious simulation flaws a pretty good work, especially for one guy. Tbh, all this fantasy and dragons stuff bores me to tears, but I certainly appreciate the production quality achieved.

loramel
07-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Did anyone recognize one of the names in the Special thanks to part of the credits. One Richard Culver, who I'm assuming is our forums very own Surrealist. I know he's helped me out quite a bit in the past. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback :)

I am the director of this short. With Richard Culver being Surrealist you are quite right.

Germano Martins is a portuguese filmmaker and Jack Greasley is the orginal developer and now product manager of Mari from TheFoundry.

If you any further questions please let me know :)

juice
07-13-2012, 01:53 AM

Vimeo can be watched almost worldwide, only some big countries like china are blocking it
Youtube for example, is also blocked in europe, if there is used copyright music in the video...
I remember some Artists using youtube and commercial music in the reel, they dont could be watched in germany...

cresshead
07-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Vimeo can be watched almost worldwide, only some big countries like china are blocking it
Youtube for example, is also blocked in europe, if there is used copyright music in the video...
I remember some Artists using youtube and commercial music in the reel, they dont could be watched in germany...

youtube isn't blocked in europe...i'm in europe for example!:)

youtube might be blocked in "some" European countries but it's just fine in England where i am.

if in doubt post a link to an actual video file to download from your website or have it embeded in flash.

littlewaves
07-13-2012, 03:36 AM
germany is particularly strict with copyright music on youtube.

simple answer. Don't use commercial music!

juice
07-13-2012, 03:47 AM
... not only germany,
I was working now in some europe and asia counties, and my experience say, youtube has the most problems with blocked videos because of copyrights. Vimeo actually is only blocked where social networking is blocked, like china!!

juice
07-13-2012, 03:59 AM
youtube might be blocked in "some" European countries but it's just fine in England where i am

yes, some is right :-)

I found this on google search :-)

In March 2009, a dispute between YouTube and the British royalty collection agency PRS for Music led to premium music videos being blocked for YouTube users in the United Kingdom

cresshead
07-14-2012, 05:17 AM
yes, some is right :-)

I found this on google search :-)

that issue was settled some time back if you browse the bbc news articles of the time

erikals
07-14-2012, 05:54 AM
  
not all that i think... :/

not bad, but i've seen much better from 1 man productions...