PDA

View Full Version : Creating personal lower thirds

nitnit
07-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create a lower third for the Tricaster. I'm using After Effects to create the motion of the lower third and I've exported using the SpeedHQ codec + alpha channel. I'm having problem uploading the lower third into the Title tab inside the Tricaster.

I'm guessing it's because it's not in .cgxml - how would I be able to get it to .cgxml?

Sorry if this is one... dumb question.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

kltv
07-06-2012, 07:13 PM
You need to load this type of graphic in a DDR. The Stills and Titles modules only accept still graphics, not motion graphics. The DDR will take your After Effects render and do exactly what you are after.

Kris

nitnit
07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Bummer. I wish there was a way we can animate the lower thirds, and bring them into the Live Text Editor and have it available inside the Titles tab. So we can make changes to the text inside Tricaster.

Creating individual animated lower thirds for 10+ people can get pretty annoying.

Thanks so much for your help.

joseburgos
07-06-2012, 07:47 PM
What model TriCaster? If its any of the HD models, you could use both DSK's to possibly make this happen for you.
Kris posted some example of this tip/trick a while back and maybe he can point to it?

joseburgos
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Found it:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=120362

nitnit
07-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks Jose! That sure is helpful.