PDA

View Full Version : Anybody really purchased an extra dongle for DFX+ ?

robinson
10-27-2003, 08:17 AM
Anybody really purchased an extra dongle for DFX+, Iím talking about the DFX+/Lightwave bundle.
Thanks for any reply, nobody in Europe wants to know about this extra dongle !!!

Maimo
11-07-2003, 04:25 PM
My company is concidering purchacesing another seat of DFX so we can have another work station to bring in help for roto work painting and or compositing.

robinson
11-07-2003, 06:38 PM
just conatact eyeon support directly in canada (headquater), you can get an extra dongle for 95 $, no shipping and handling charge.

Great support...
If you need help about the whole procedure just contact me at [email protected] , you know I alredy figured everything out, wasn't to simple.

robinson:)

Thalaxis
11-10-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm just annoyed that they gave me a parallel port dongle, didn't
tell me that I could just link it to my LW dongle, and now want me
to pay $95 to either switch to USB or to re-register it to my LW
dongle... or buy the $995 module bundle.

w_will
12-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Your not the only one. I recently posted in the DF & lightwave section about the same problem. I had the same issue, and didn't know I could key it to my lightwave dongle until I saw someone else who had. I use a laptop without an LPT port, so I am going to have to pay to switch. Guess I should not complain considering the program was free with the upgrade, but I feel kind of left out in the cold for not being told I could use my lightwave dongle. So, I can't help you out, but I can feel your pain...

Robinson, is there a way to switch keys without paying the $95 if so I would like to know.

Thanks,
WILL

Thalaxis
12-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Eyeon came through for me on this.

They gave me a temporary license to use my LW dongle, and an
address to send my Hasp dongle to, which I don't expect has
arrived at their offices yet (the shipper told me it would arrive
this Thursday or Friday most likely). Once they receive it, they will
make my temporary license permanent.

I have my temp license now, so I can use it on my laptop as well
as on my new desktop, which also lacks a parallel port (it's an SFF
box).

w_will
12-01-2003, 07:31 PM
I guess I will contact them again. Last time I checked with them I got a short run around and the $99 price tag. I don't mean the run around coment in a bad way even if it sounded like it... it just took them about a week to respond and then I felt like I would have been better off using the phone. They did not even mention the lightwave dongle thing, and in retrospect I would have been a much happier camper if they had just taken the time to expalin the extra dongle thing better. I might have just caught somebody on a bad day too. Like I said in a previous post if it ends up costing me $99 it is still a hell of a program for $99 :O)