07-04-2012, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7AcRsd6W7o

alexs3d
07-04-2012, 11:55 PM
wow, looks really cool, great work

Brötje
07-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Great work! :beerchug:

A good inspiration for me, my next project will contain lots of fireworks....

SplineGod
07-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Nice one Dave :)

prometheus
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
emitters and emitters and emitters, makes me wonder if newtek could create options for super multi emitters, where you from scratch when adding an emitter can choose how many emitters and select a chain of them to be parented at once.
They could at least start with a two emitter parent setup.

I would like to se some glitter in the sky, where fireworks hangs in the air and sort of sparkle glitter, that would probably be hard to get right in timing and look...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQjBME5leOY&feature=related

Michael

dwburman
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Here's the fireworks test I did before I saw Mr. Rid's. It has some of that glitter. I was going to release a free tutorial for the 4th, but didn't get it done. :)

I like Mr. Rid's better. :)

http://youtu.be/eVtUpjIGUic

prometheus
07-18-2012, 05:02 AM
Here's the fireworks test I did before I saw Mr. Rid's. It has some of that glitter. I was going to release a free tutorial for the 4th, but didn't get it done. :)

I like Mr. Rid's better. :)

Yeah this is what I mean, and yes Rids are better overall, perhaps you two should share scenfiles to study.

Michael

Mr Rid
07-18-2012, 12:08 PM
..e's the fireworks test I did before I saw Mr. Rid's. It has some of that glitter. I was going to release a free tutorial for the 4th, but didn't get it done.

I hope u still post a tut. I put a basic description on YT but I dont know how helpful it is.

Scazzino
07-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Cool! :thumbsup:

Silkrooster
07-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Actually, a fireworks tutorial, should have been included with lightwave from the get go. It explains quite a bit about how emitters work. There isn't much out there for emitting after an event. If you know what I mean.

Mr Rid
07-19-2012, 01:55 AM
Actually, a fireworks tutorial, should have been included with lightwave from the get go. It explains quite a bit about how emitters work. There isn't much out there for emitting after an event. If you know what I mean.

There were dozens of helpful 'Features' scenes included in the LW7.5 (I think) content related to PFX and HVs, that exampled all the ways to use emitters, and had basic HV FX scenes like fireworks. Even seasoned users would learn stuff from. Have no idea why such useful content was dropped.

Silkrooster
07-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Really? I should remember that. Hmm...

prometheus
07-19-2012, 07:47 AM
There were dozens of helpful 'Features' scenes included in the LW7.5 (I think) content related to PFX and HVs, that exampled all the ways to use emitters, and had basic HV FX scenes like fireworks. Even seasoned users would learn stuff from. Have no idea why such useful content was dropped.

Don´t understand it either, I would like to see a serious look over of content ranging back through the years, pick out some of the best, perhaps by poll voting or suggestions, and put it up on download area as Newteks content greatest hits.

Im not at all impressed with the content released for lw 11, some more effort in to this please.

Some scenes could be left out really, I think some rigs are not very usufull etc, throw in lino rigs, and some of those rigs that was up on the site but now gone? pack them together and Keep them together in future updates.

Of topic thou...sorry.

Michael

prometheus
07-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Yay! Fireworks! Love them... :)
My toying around:
http://youtu.be/eExXCpIAGJQ

Yay..those are nice, but would like to see them on full screen alone, and with some classical pompouse soundtrack, famous 1812 overture or something, Uhmm Vendetta explosive fireworks:), there´s another track thou that I cant recall the name of too.

Composing of the fireworks are important, having them bloom shoot our in rythm etc.

Michael

Cageman
07-19-2012, 09:52 AM
I think some rigs are not very usufull etc, throw in lino rigs, and some of those rigs that was up on the site but now gone? pack them together and Keep them together in future updates.

Michael

I suggest you create some content, do a fantastic rig or whatever and send to NT then. Because that is exactly what the majority of content is; users who has contributed.

EDIT: Regarding the Creature-kits that I believe you are refering to as not being around anymore; they are integrated in LW11 content. There are 6 creatures in the Creature-kit and 3 of them do not have rigs, rest of them do, and I believe all those rigs were done by Lino.

prometheus
07-19-2012, 09:55 AM
I suggest you create some content, do a fantastic rig or whatever and send to NT then. Because that is exactly what the majority of content is; users who has contributed.

they just have to keep content continuously intact, there are some good rigs, but I think it needs to follow the Lightwave updates through the update line, available even for
those who doesn´have previous content.

And..nah, Im no rigger,(yet Im complaining) :)The only thing I could provide would probably be some voxel work with clouds, explosions, and nebulas.

Michael

prometheus
07-19-2012, 10:00 AM
By the way, the Lino Grandi dragon rig seems broken or something with the wings in Lightwave 11, anyone having an issue with that scene?

Cageman
07-19-2012, 10:27 AM
By the way, the Lino Grandi dragon rig seems broken or something with the wings in Lightwave 11, anyone having an issue with that scene?

In what way are they broken? Just loaded the rig up and they seem fine to me... ?

prometheus
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
In what way are they broken? Just loaded the rig up and they seem fine to me... ?

in the dragon walk cycle rig, the wings aren´t attached to the body or wing bones it seems, just becomes malplaced, I did a calculation on the clot fx too...but it´s the same.
The service pack´s not installed thou. this is the 2238 build. windows 64bit

Weird.

Cageman
07-19-2012, 10:52 AM

Weird.

Well, it works fine here with LW11.0, LW11.0.1 and LW11.0.2.

CROUTON213
07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Those fireworks are excellent. At the risk of getting smacked upside the head I'd like to ask if you could please share your "Fireworks with sprites" scene files. If possible ... Thanks.

Mr Rid
07-20-2012, 02:56 PM
...At the risk of getting smacked upside the head ...

:twak:

This one I wont share while I can still sell it. :) See if the YT description helps.

Mr Rid
02-07-2013, 01:34 AM
in the dragon walk cycle rig, the wings aren´t attached to the body or wing bones it seems, just becomes malplaced, I did a calculation on the clot fx too...but it´s the same.

Weird.

I just loaded the dragon walk scene and the wings arent working here either. Just curious if anyone figured it out. It works in v9.6

Another glitch- the Dragon Delta Skin scene asks for images that dont seem to exist in the content.

prometheus
02-07-2013, 05:08 AM
I just loaded the dragon walk scene and the wings arent working here either. Just curious if anyone figured it out. It works in v9.6

Another glitch- the Dragon Delta Skin scene asks for images that dont seem to exist in the content.

I recall loading the dragon walk scene from another content, and it worked as it should..haven´t tried again with lw11.5 and the new content.
I´ll take a look in to that.
Might be two different content when they released it perhaps.

Michael

prometheus
02-07-2013, 05:13 AM
By the way, you used LW 11.5? to open which dragon rig content?
the content in LW11.5 is a bullet cloth fx remake...and that works, though I actually think cloth fx seems smoother, have to compare those two.

Edit...checking my 9.6 cloth fx dynamics with dragon walk cycle, and yes it´s all wonky, now I need to find that scenefile that worked.
not sure if it is in L11.03 content somewhere or if I got it from earlier content downloaded or from the shipped cd?

Michael

prometheus
02-07-2013, 06:09 AM
my 9.6 dragon rig walk cycle content was all wonky, in lw 11...and 11.5, but as mentioned, I tested the dragon rig walk cycle from another content folder and that worked in 11.0 I now checked 9.6 rig content in 11.5 and all wonky...that was to be expected, and now I tried the 11.0 dragon rig content in lw 11.5 and it looked ok for a starter when playing the timeline, but a recalculation with IKB calculate it seems wron anyway, not the same as the old 9,6 content..but the wings disappear.

This is checking the cloth fx rig, not the new bullet cloth fx dragon rig which by the way does´t calculate as smooth and doesn´t generate equally smooth wing deformation as old cloth fx.

Michael

prometheus
02-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Well...rechecking, I was wrong, the dragon rig works in lw 11.5..I happened to have IK boost tool selected while calculating and that was giving some sort of error.

This is the content to check for..and the dragon_walk_cycle
LightWave_11_0_Content\Scenes\Creatures\Dragon

using 9.6 dragon walk cycle is all wonky

Next question..why is bullet cloth fx with the dragon_walk_cycle( bullet dynamics content)so much slower to calculate than cloth fx, and besides not equally smooth.
Have to check with Lino.

Michael

Mr Rid
02-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah, the wings in LW9.6 dragon walk content do not work in LW10 or LW11.

I have no doubt any new feature is not working right. I have still not touched Bullet, but am sure I will have a list. :)

prometheus
02-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, the wings in LW9.6 dragon walk content do not work in LW10 or LW11.

I have no doubt any new feature is not working right. I have still not touched Bullet, but am sure I will have a list. :)

Bullet is shaping up and I like it, still ...particle interaction and implementation needs to be worked on...surface emitting from bullet hardbody´s
vs old hard fx ..that one is won by the hard fx right now..trailing particles from bullet parts surface is a little poor, but I think that will be sorted out later on.
one thing that I would love to see is particle dynamics colliding and crushing single bricks or fractured parts just by aiming and spraying emitter on
to bullet hardbody, that couldn´t be done in hardfx either though...and bullet cloth needs particle interaction too.

Anyway...Great with the new forces for bullet.

Michael