PDA

View Full Version : Scene Items Locked

oab
07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Have opened a scene I've been working on and the scene is OK, but when I try to move, rotate, scale any item, nothing works. I can see the numbers changing bottom left but when take finger off mouse, numbers snap back to zeros. The items don't change in scene as if locked. Have I accidentally locked all items somehow. Thought I'd ask before starting from scratch. I can load other scenes ok, it's specific to just the one.
Thanks

Ryan Roye
07-03-2012, 08:24 PM
1) Check to see if autokey is on... I find on rare occasions I accidentally hit shift-f1, which is the hotkey for it. With autokey off, when you scrub the timeline any changes you made in a given frame will be lost.

2) If using IKBooster, make sure none of the axis's are globally disabled (these are denoted by a greyed out XYZ/HPB button in the lower left corner... they are clickable)

3) Check your motion modifiers

If all else fails, post a sample scene file for download.

oab
07-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks for quick reply. Not any of the suggestions as it's a very basic scene as just started. The whole thing seems sluggish in Layout so may be just corrupted and need to start again.
Scene file attached. LW10.1 tried it on PC and Mac
Thanks

Ryan Roye
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Hmm... on my end everything seems to move as I expect. There's nothing in the scene I can't move. Part of me wonders if it isn't some kind of plugin conflict or something. Install any layout plugins lately?

NOTE: I'm using LW 9.6 on PC

oab
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks for your help. Not working on PC or Mac 9.6 or 10.1
Loaded DP-Kit recently but it's not effecting other scenes that I load. I might do a clean install on the Mac to check a few things. Although the scene isn't using any nodes, there's a displacement node that I can't remove. Can't recall if it is supposed to be there by default. One of those situations where it might be quicker to restart it.
Thanks again

JonW
07-03-2012, 10:49 PM
2) If using IKBooster, make sure none of the axis's are globally disabled (these are denoted by a greyed out XYZ/HPB button in the lower left corner... they are clickable)

The X Y Z in the bottom left corner maybe clicked for Move but not for Rotate or Scale etc.

Ryan Roye
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM
The X Y Z in the bottom left corner maybe clicked for Move but not for Rotate or Scale etc.

The "XYZ" refers to both XYZ and HPB when using IKBooster. Clicking "X" will disable both "X" and "H". You are correct that the global setting cannot be applied to one or another; it is both or none. I don't believe IKB handles scale at all without extra steps like boosterlink or follower.

The only other thing I can think of that would keep your object from moving is if it had an MDscan of it going (which you'd have to set playback mode to local)... but I think it would have prompted me for files and been present in the scene if that were the case.