PDA

View Full Version : duplicate image sequences are not saved

dblincoe
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
I have a scene in which I have an image sequence. I duplicated the sequence a number of times and used them to displace different object layers. When I save the scene and all objects and reload the scene only two of the original and one duplicate is saved. Any ideas?

nickdigital
07-04-2012, 11:23 AM
You need to use a uniquely named image sequence to do what you want. Image Editor isn't so good at using the same image sequence but with different settings.

dblincoe
07-04-2012, 11:27 AM
You need to use a uniquely named image sequence to do what you want. Image Editor isn't so good at using the same image sequence but with different settings.

Yeah. That's what I am doing now. Just wish I realized that before wasting my time setting up the scene the first time and rendering a bad scene. I'm gonna flag this as a bug. Can't hurt.

DrStrik9
07-06-2012, 12:34 PM
You can also use a "renamer" to duplicate your image sequences, then in Image Editor, just "replace" the duplicates with the newly-named versions.

I'm on Mac, so I use a free one I found called "psrenamer."

dblincoe
07-06-2012, 12:45 PM
You can also use a "renamer" to duplicate your image sequences, then in Image Editor, just "replace" the duplicates with the newly-named versions.

I'm on Mac, so I use a free one I found called "psrenamer."

Thanks. That's exactly what I ended up doing. Used automator to rename duplicates of my sequence and loaded them in.