PDA

View Full Version : Interactive walk through

THREEL
07-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi fellow LightWavers!

I'm interested in making an interactive, walk through website utilizing a 3D building and other 3D models that will be in the interior, all built in :lwicon: I was wondering what program people might suggest to accomplish such a task. I'm hoping for something open source, because money is tight these days. I'm still using v. 8.5.

Thanks!

prometheus
07-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Havent had a chance to try it out myself, but what Ivé seen is seems awesome for realtime walkthroughs with highy realistic interior environments.

http://www.lumenrt.com/

Get Lightwave cad ..
http://www.wtools3d.com/

and use lightwave to model, and also take a look at Modo too,
http://www.luxology.com/

It has some great workflow for loading in drag and drop content to surfaces,walls and adapting objects in an environment wich doesn´t come as initiuve with lightwave.

Michael

prometheus
07-03-2012, 10:19 AM
"hoping for something open source, because money is tight these days. I'm still using v. 8.5."
Ah..missed that part.

try sketchup, but the free version can´t be used commercial.

Michael

CaptainMarlowe
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
For creating your walkthrough in an interactive way on your website, you can give atry at Unity3d. It's free, allthough not open source. You will have to export your objects in FBX, but I don't know if 8.5 can export to fbx (but you can convert with autodesk fbx converter which is free also).
You can also give a try with TNG3D web tools, they can also perform this kind of tasks.

http://tng3d.com/index.php

THREEL
07-03-2012, 02:10 PM
For creating your walkthrough in an interactive way on your website, you can give atry at Unity3d. It's free, allthough not open source. You will have to export your objects in FBX, but I don't know if 8.5 can export to fbx (but you can convert with autodesk fbx converter which is free also).
You can also give a try with TNG3D web tools, they can also perform this kind of tasks.

http://tng3d.com/index.php

I already have Unity 3D, but I'm under the impression that I can only use it for 30 days. I haven't opened it, yet, for that reason.

@prometheus: I, also, have SketchUp. I'm not aware that you can't use it for commercial purposes. People talk about using SU all the time on the forum at the 3D Warehouse. I think it's just Google earth you can't use commercially, unless you have the Pro version. Please, forgive me, if I'm wrong. Lumenrt looks rather interesting. When funding becomes available, that may just become a must buy.

BeeVee
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM
No, you can use it for as long as you like without paying.

B

rocker_lx
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM
You can use unity for free. The 30 day trial is for the features of the commercial version as realtime shadows, and such stuff.
After those 30 days realtime shadows will no longer render.

THREEL
07-03-2012, 04:41 PM
You can use unity for free. The 30 day trial is for the features of the commercial version as realtime shadows, and such stuff.
After those 30 days realtime shadows will no longer render.

I was wondering about that. :D Before my computer crashed, I was pretty sure I had Unity for more than 30 days. I just couldn't remember there being the 30 day limit on it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :thumbsup:

Ma3rk
07-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Odd that it presently only seems to support Sketch Up as Vue and other e-on products are integrated with Lightwave.

Lightwave to Sketch Up is quirky at best but as the web site mentions, perhaps there'll be support later on. Can't imagine all those samples and architects using Sketch Up as their primary modeling tool.

tyrot
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
threel hi there

try coppercube 3 - yes it doesnt have so many things but it has a great flash - webgl export and it works natively with LWO and NIKO -the developer is a wonderful guy...relatively cheap ... :)

prometheus
07-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Odd that it presently only seems to support Sketch Up as Vue and other e-on products are integrated with Lightwave.

Lightwave to Sketch Up is quirky at best but as the web site mentions, perhaps there'll be support later on. Can't imagine all those samples and architects using Sketch Up as their primary modeling tool.

You can get up and running from no 3d to working with sketchup in a very initiuve way, as if you are coming from working with sketching to 3d.

That is something you do not do with Lightwave and lw cad.

If I had sketchup inside of lightwave together with lw cad, That would be a tool drooling over, I mean some things in sketchup could be translated in to lw cad.
the simple pen drawing, push and pull, the way it handles autosnapping, construction lines and dimension tools, apart from that you have your shadow display for a natural instant look.
Then again a whole lot of how lwcad works would be fine in sketchup too.

Michael

CaptainMarlowe
07-04-2012, 12:13 PM
threel hi there

try coppercube 3 - yes it doesnt have so many things but it has a great flash - webgl export and it works natively with LWO and NIKO -the developer is a wonderful guy...relatively cheap ... :)

Look interesting, I'll give it a try when on vacation. Thanks for the link

geo_n
07-04-2012, 08:11 PM
threel hi there

Looks interesting. Are lightwave animations supported?
I only saw this list
http://www.ambiera.com/coppercube/doc/cnt_animation.html

CaptainMarlowe
07-05-2012, 01:53 AM
I dunno, but I'm on vacation tomorrow, and I will have a serious look at it. Seems much more adapted to my needs than Unity...

CaptainMarlowe
07-05-2012, 09:22 AM
It seems that it needs .x, .b3d or .ms3d files for animated characters. I don't know how to export from lightwave to this files, especially on mac....

tyrot
07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
yes that is the only problem... .X exporters are old... you need LW old versions.. I had somewhere a workflow but cant find it now..

CaptainMarlowe
07-06-2012, 04:49 AM
I suppose there must be a way while exporting to blender then to .X