PDA

View Full Version : how to carousel or loop of pages

frank.leggett
07-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Hi,

I can't find how to loop a group of pages. I basically want to create a basic signage loop to playout during live production.

SBowie
07-02-2012, 05:45 AM
All TriCaster models have loop switches in the DDRs (and other media players).

frank.leggett
07-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have used the loop function in the DDR and in the Graphics section on the Tricaster, I was wondering if there was a loop function within Livetext instead of having to load up pages into the Tricaster. Also does anyone know if you can use more then one txt file to update via Text Linker as the user guide says "The TXT Linker draws values from specified ASCII text files." but I have only found one file I can save to.

Frank

SBowie
07-02-2012, 02:46 PM
wondering if there was a loop function within Livetext instead of having to load up pages into the TricasterAh, I see. I'm not aware of a method of doing this directly in LiveText, sorry.

Also does anyone know if you can use more then one txt file to update via Text Linker as the user guide says "The TXT Linker draws values from specified ASCII text files." but I have only found one file I can save to.you can add multiple files, as I recall. I don't think it much matters what filename you use.

kltv
07-02-2012, 03:12 PM
If you wanted to be super clever, you might be able to use some DataLink trickery to do that. A little VBscript might be able to write the DataLink variable that lets you change pages. Set that up to write every 5 or 10 seconds and put it in a loop and that might do it. You could also do it with a ToasterScript command.

Kris

frank.leggett
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I will try and set up other txt files and save them into the same directory to see if that works.
I don't understand the how to use VBScript to change a page being displayed yet and I haven't come across toasterscript yet, what's is it and how does it relate to the tricster.

Frank

frank.leggett
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi,

I have tried saving files to another filename and there is no permission to save files other then the example.txt file. Does anyone know how I would get round this as there is no documentation to show how.

Frank

SBowie
07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi,

I have tried saving files to another filename and there is no permission to save files other then the example.txt file. Does anyone know how I would get round this as there is no documentation to show how.

FrankThat's because there's nothing to document, Frank. LT was probably installed by someone with admin rights and you are logged in without them. If true, then this is a Windows issue. You will need to gain permission to write to that folder, or its parent.

frank.leggett
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I have found a way to solve this. I am running the text editor as administrator which allows me to save a text file in the in the folder. Is there anymore documentation about txtlinker as I don't want to have keep bothering people on the forum when I can't find the answers. For instance I'm trying to find a way to do text on more then one line for a %variable%.

Frank

SBowie
07-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I suspect you'll need to add the text for different lines as two entries. It's pretty hard to document anything out of the ordinary. If simple trial and error doesn't reveal the answer, feel free to ask here - no-one minds, everyone benefits.