PDA

View Full Version : Video Bug

mtash
07-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I have been using a rotating cube (like Fox News) bug (a .mov video file) on our school's newscasts (using BoinxTV). Now that I'm moving to LiveText, will it allow me to have my rotating cube displayed in the left lower 3rd of the screen?

Lee-AVP
07-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Not from within Livetext. You'll still want to use that from a DDR loaded in to a downstream key.

mtash
07-04-2012, 12:59 AM
How do I load the DDR into a downstream key? Also, Is there a way to change the on-screen size of the DDR playback? (So that the playback appears in a smaller space on the screen and in a lower/iupper left/right position?

SBowie
07-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Which model TriCaster?

mtash
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Happy 4th! I have the STUDIO.

SBowie
07-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Studio has an Overlay section to the right of its transition controls. There are source selection buttons above the little preview window.

The SD TriCaster's don't provide live positioner/scaling controls . You'll need to prepare graphics with this in mind, so that they appear at the right size and position when applied.

mtash
07-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Graphics yes. Video, no because video cannot be scaled and positioned in STUDIO?

brwainer
07-05-2012, 12:25 AM
By "graphics" Steve means still or motion graphics. Just use Premiere, Final Cut, or some other video editor to make any position/scale changes you need and render out a new version of the video bug. Then you can use the Downstream Key as Steve described.

SBowie
07-05-2012, 08:26 AM
I didn't mention this before, but you could also do this with a custom LiveSet - even the scaling and positioning, although it would be fixed in place after compiling. (I didn't mention it because LiveSet creation for Studio requires certain skills and tools not so readily found.)

joseburgos
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Well with the text edit you can rescale an image very easy. In the Video edit or SpeedEdit lite as I like to call it, you can resize video easy and render to TriCaster with alpha format.
The bottom line is all of this can be done on TC Studio can handle it all but you have to do it before going to Live.
Pre-production is what it's called :)

SBowie
07-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Well with the text edit you can rescale an image very easy.True. I actually prefer the LiveSet approach, as it leaves the DSK free for other purposes, but it's a lot less bother for most to use Edit Text.

joseburgos
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Especially since it only had one DSK but most people don't know how to make this type of LiveSet.
Hey Steve with the simple LiveSet constructor app, you should be able too right? Also does text edit have to ability to send to LiveSet like VT?
I'm in transit so can't check for myself.

SBowie
07-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Also does text edit have to ability to send to LiveSet like VT?Yeah, it does - excellent idea. (static gfx only, mind you)

joseburgos
07-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Another tip is if you have an animated bug and you plan to use it in a LiveSet, you need to re-render it with a solid color key able background. LiveSet does not pass transparency/embedded alpha and instead you must use LiveMatte to key it out.
The advantage of doing with LiveSet is as Steve mentioned, DSK is still available.

FYI: I make custom LiveSets and consult on TriCaster workflows for production :)

joseburgos
07-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Yeah, it does - excellent idea.

But this is only for stills or basically what ever you can create in TextEdit
Edit: oops you already mentioned that :)

SBowie
07-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Yep, actually was editing my post as you wrote that. ;)

joseburgos
07-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Haha I thought I missed that part and then I was like "how did quote cut that out" so I edited my post :)